Windows 10: Notification change resets when I reboot

Discus and support Notification change resets when I reboot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Winamp and get an annoying Lastfm notification every time a new song starts. It's easily shut off in settings, but resets every day. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by merle211, May 23, 2016.

1. merle211 Win User

Notification change resets when I reboot

I use Winamp and get an annoying Lastfm notification every time a new song starts. It's easily shut off in settings, but resets every day. Is there a way to make it permanent?

Thanks.

:)

merle211, May 23, 2016

2. lumia 720 push notification not working when using wifi connection

hi! recently i have a push notification problem. bbm,whatsapp,twitter and other app that run in background(except store) cannot receive anything. when i open the app suddenly all notification coming. whatsapp says "WhatsApp
    has detected a problem with the push notifications. Please reboot the phone". and bbm only get notification when i open it.

I rebooting my phone but nothing happened. I soft reset and hard reset but the problem still exist. please help me. is there any solution for this problem?Notification change resets when I reboot :(

ewinrahman, May 23, 2016
  3. HEDuns Win User
    Windows 10 - notification settings keep resetting

Since the last big Windows 10 update, every time I reboot, my notification settings are reset. For example, every time I play a new audio track, I get a 'ding dong' sound notification and popup through my last.fm app on the taskbar. I keep going to Settings
    > System > Notifications and turning the notification to 'off' for that app, and it cures it - until I reboot, when it resets to behaving as it did before.

I also cannot change my lock screen preferences as they are apparently 'managed by my organisation' which seems to be a common problem with Windows 10. I'm less bothered by this, but wonder if the two problems are interconnected.

I have a legal copy of Windows 10 Pro, OS build 10586.63.

I'd really appreciate any help or insight anyone can offer on this!

HEDuns, May 23, 2016
Thema:

Notification change resets when I reboot

1. Notification change resets when I reboot - Similar Threads - Notification change resets

2. System sounds volume resets to 100 when I get a notification.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System sounds volume resets to 100 when I get a notification.: I recently bought a new PC, and on this PC only, the system sounds volume on the volume mixer resets to 100 every time I get a Facebook Messenger notification. the only workaround I have found is that if I leave the volume mixer open, then the volume does not reset....
  3. USB Serial Adapter Com Port Changes when I reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Serial Adapter Com Port Changes when I reboot: I have a USB to Serial Adapter on my laptop which I am using to interface with a printer. Every time I reboot my computer, the COM Port assigned to this adapter keeps changing. As a result, the printer is no longer assigned to the right port and does not work. How can I...
  4. How Can i Disable notifications when i change my volume

How Can i Disable notifications when i change my volume: Since one of the recent windows updates I have been having an issue where whenever i change the volume on my PC if I have an app running in the background that uses the volume i.e. a video on youtube a small window will appear next to the volume level indicator in the top...
  5. change notifications

change notifications: How can I change notifications on my computer so that everytime an email comes in, it doesn't flash the little window in the lower right hand corner informing me of this. it is annoying. Thank you....
  6. Windows Update Reboot Notifications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Reboot Notifications?: For Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 or 2004, is there any GPO that will support these requirements? Automatically download and install updates. Display notification prompting user to manually reboot (or schedule time to reboot automatically) that is not in any way subtle or...
  7. Reboot Notification request each time I reboot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot Notification request each time I reboot.: I have a Lenova laptop and it has just installed some Windows 10 updates. I now keep getting the following notification even after I do a reboot (at least 5 times). Restart required Your pc needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device Pci bus Can anyone...
  8. Icons reset when the PC is rebooted after undocking

Icons reset when the PC is rebooted after undocking: Ok so i use a laptop that I use at work and at home, at home i plug in an aditional screen (1080p) same as the laptop screen which is also1080p, when i unplug the screen and go to work without putting off the laptop my icons stay in the same position but when i restart my...
  9. Notification that Windows 10 is out of date when I reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Notification that Windows 10 is out of date when I reboot: I get a notification when I reboot that says that Windows 10 cannot install the latest security update because it's out of date. When I click more information, I get this web page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...latest-version On that webpage, it clearly...
  10. Screen resolution sometimes resets when rebooting

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution sometimes resets when rebooting: Before I get to the issue, let's start with another issue. When my computer is restarted and it clears the page file, I have issues with things freezing for about a second. Since I think this might affect Minecraft, I choose to reboot again by clicking Shut Down and then...