Windows 10: Notification Menu Windows Positioned Wrong?

Discus and support Notification Menu Windows Positioned Wrong? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; http://puu.sh/meBnv/4fd5fd9245.jpg I originally installed windows on 1440p resolution. I then upgraded that monitor to a 4k monitor and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wynd, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Wynd Win User

Notification Menu Windows Positioned Wrong?

http://puu.sh/meBnv/4fd5fd9245.jpg

I originally installed windows on 1440p resolution. I then upgraded that monitor to a 4k monitor and the notifications/tray menus for some programs seem to still open as if its a 1440p monitor. I have two side monitors that are 1440p and the notifications load properly on those but its very annoying that they load in the middle of my screen on my 4k monitor. I really don't want to reinstall windows or multiple programs so im hoping for a different solution.

:)

2. lacrumb Win User

Position of notifications

Just click on the Notification, Action Center, icon on the taskbar

lacrumb, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Position of notifications

The notification area is the lower right corner of the display, when printing a HTML page my print button is in the notification spot and sometimes there are many notifications which obscure the print button. To get to the print button I've to disable all
    notifications which is a pain and gets rid of all notifications. My question is :

Is there a way to temporarily switch of showing notification so I can actually print?

Thanks

Frits

FritsKruis, Dec 30, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

If you switch back and forth between monitors, yes your desktop settings will remember the last known monitor when it switches back. There are programs out there that allow you to save multi-monitor profiles. Display Fusion is one of them. You can download it through Download DisplayFusion - MajorGeeks for the free version or buy the Pro version which offers more features. Free vs Pro Binary Fortress Software

bro67, Dec 30, 2015
  5. Wynd Win User
    I'm not switching back and fourth. I upgraded monitors and the menus dont open where they are supposed to.

6. bro67 Win User
    Again that is because Windows still remembers the profile of the last monitor and will continue to save it to your system profile, which is attached to your roaming profile, that is saved on Microsoft's servers.

You need to shut off all options for syncing your profile, reboot, then make the correct changes, turn back on the sync settings and it should remain.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Notification Menu Windows Positioned Wrong? - Similar Threads - Notification Menu Positioned

2. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...: After the last few upgrades The Windows position after startup is fixed in a position I do not like and I have to always reposition it after start up. I have gone online and tried all fixes suggested but none has worked so far. I have gone into settings etc. and tried all...
  3. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...: After the last few upgrades The Windows position after startup is fixed in a position I do not like and I have to always reposition it after start up. I have gone online and tried all fixes suggested but none has worked so far. I have gone into settings etc. and tried all...
  4. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Change the position of the notification popup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the position of the notification popup: Hello, I am a programmer and for a long time I have been wondering, working every day, if it is possible to change the position of the windows notification popup. I use the system a lot and being a lover of native macOs or Linux notics I would like to be able to adapt them to...
  6. Windows 10 Notification Position

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Notification Position: Is there currently a way to move notifications in Windows 10 from the bottom-right corner of the screen to the top-right corner? I've tried a bunch of Googling, but all I've managed to find were some old registry tweaks that seem to no longer work on current builds of Windows...
  7. Notifications position

Notifications position: Hello, Is there any way to change the location of desktop notifications? When you move your taskbar to the left and click on notifications icon they are showing at default position and it is really poor position IMO. https://i.imgur.com/uJM8783.jpeg You need to go thru...
  8. Windows 10 Notifications Resetting Window Position

Windows 10 Notifications Resetting Window Position: Starting about a week ago not update-related, I've noticed that clicking on Windows 10 desktop notifications resets the position of their respective applications. For instance, if I click a Slack notification, the Slack window, which was previously snapped to the right side...
  9. Tile Position on Start Menu

Tile Position on Start Menu: I have two systems running Windows 10. On one system, I can move any of the tiles from one position to any other position in the start menu simply by drag'n'drop within the menu. On the other system I can select a tile drag it to a vacant position but it "springs back"...
  10. How to change toast notifications position?

How to change toast notifications position?: For some reason after the last Windows update the toast notification is popping up right in the middle of my screen as I am working. I didn't mind it popping up on the bottom right and disappearing but now for some reason it is popping up dead center of my screen. I have to...