Windows 10: Notification on taskbar

Discus and support Notification on taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Guys Completely new to windows 10. Just finding my way round it. Small annoying issue with the notification pane on the taskbar going left to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by barrypd, Dec 23, 2016.

1. barrypd Win User

Notification on taskbar

Hello Guys

Completely new to windows 10. Just finding my way round it. Small annoying issue with the notification pane on the taskbar going left to right constantly is this normal and can it be stopped.

Thanks

:)

barrypd, Dec 23, 2016

2. Taskbar number display of new notifications

Taskbar notification icon does not display number of new notifications bubble.

Have downloaded display number bat file, to no avail.

Right-clicking on taskbar notification icon displays "Show number of new notifications" yet no number of notifications.

Right-clicked on "Show number of new notifications",
    "Don't show number of new notifications" is displayed yet no number bubble is displayed when a new notification/message is received .

What else can be performed to display the number of new notifications on the taskbar?

MartinGoldberg, Dec 23, 2016
  3. windows defender tray icon

Right click the Taskbar

Click Taskbar settings

Scroll down to Notification area

Click Select which icons appear on the Taskbar

Toggle on Windows Defender Notification icon

Andre Da Costa, Dec 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Notification on taskbar

Hi, sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean.. there's the taskbar notification area (icons) and the Action Centre which includes notifications.. could you post a video or at least a screenshot to illustrate? Doesn't sound like anything I've seen.. someone else may have... thanks.

dalchina, Dec 23, 2016
  5. barrypd Win User
    Notification on taskbar [​IMG]

Hello, the small notification far right, moves left to right repeatedly hope the captures show what I mean.

barrypd, Dec 24, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, it looks as though- I think- the peek area at the right hand end is changing in width. Weird.

What you could try is turning peek off

and removing the show desktop button on the taskbar.

- you can hide it using the interesting 7+taskbar tweaker (free) - option lower right in its GUI.
    7+ Taskbar Tweaker - RaMMicHaeL's Blog

I like the ability that adds to control volume by scrolling when the mouse pointer is over the taskbar/notification area.

dalchina, Dec 24, 2016
  7. barrypd Win User
    [youtube]s-MsXtYSZ6U[/youtube]

I've put a video clip up on youtube, please let me know if this works as I have not posted anything up on youtube before. hopefully this gives a better example of what is happening with the taskbar. thanks

barrypd, Dec 25, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Notification on taskbar

Hi, as I said, it looks as though the 'show desktop' area is changing.

Question: Does hiding that area help or not?

If that's not what is happening, and hiding that doesn't help
    then
    I would suggest the usual approach:
    a. does it happen in Safe Mode?
    b. does it happen if you do a clean boot?
    c. does it happen with a new user profile which you can create for test purposes?

I.e. determine if Windows is broken or whether sthg installed is doing this.

dalchina, Dec 25, 2016
  9. barrypd Win User
    Hello Sorry for the late reply.

I had to go through re-install for windows, I was told that this was a fault in the initial install. I did try out your advise prior to this but this never resolved it. Many Thanks for your help

barrypd, Dec 30, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Hi, it was just an idea.. no guarantee it would work.

An alternative that you might have considered to reinstalling is an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all programs and most settings.

Now that you have a working configuration, start using disk imaging routinely- which we repeatedly strongly recommend. E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for images.

You can restore any partition or Windows to a previous working state when things go wrong. Even if you have to replace your disk.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Notification on taskbar

1. Notification on taskbar - Similar Threads - Notification taskbar

2. Why has Microsoft not fixed the "Notifications unhiding the taskbar" and locking it open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft not fixed the "Notifications unhiding the taskbar" and locking it open?: Why has Microsoft not fixed the "Notifications unhiding the taskbar issue that has plagued users for years and years and years? Why does MSFT not reply to these posts? Why does MSFT just lock the posts and never comment on them. Where can we go to action on this really really...
  3. Why has Microsoft not fixed the "Notifications unhiding the taskbar" and locking it open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has Microsoft not fixed the "Notifications unhiding the taskbar" and locking it open?: Why has Microsoft not fixed the "Notifications unhiding the taskbar issue that has plagued users for years and years and years? Why does MSFT not reply to these posts? Why does MSFT just lock the posts and never comment on them. Where can we go to action on this really really...
  4. Request to change notifications and autohide taskbar behavior - new development

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request to change notifications and autohide taskbar behavior - new development: Continuing from an already locked thread that seemingly never got picked up by devs, I am now facing a slightly bigger problem, that seems to link to this: even if I have no notification popping up, autohide won't work if I chose to pop out an email that I'm writing from the...
  5. Request to change notifications and autohide taskbar behavior - new development

Request to change notifications and autohide taskbar behavior - new development: Continuing from an already locked thread that seemingly never got picked up by devs, I am now facing a slightly bigger problem, that seems to link to this: even if I have no notification popping up, autohide won't work if I chose to pop out an email that I'm writing from the...
  6. After recent windows10 updates -Start/Calendar & Notification tabs on taskbar do not exxpand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After recent windows10 updates -Start/Calendar & Notification tabs on taskbar do not exxpand: Recently feature update to W10bversion 22H2 - addition of new co-pilot although not using it Some quality updates 2023-11 cumulative update for W10 22H2 KB50321892 x NET updates KB5032883/KB5032339/I have searched internet and tried various potential fixes including:1 reboot2...
  7. After recent windows10 updates -Start/Calendar & Notification tabs on taskbar do not exxpand

After recent windows10 updates -Start/Calendar & Notification tabs on taskbar do not exxpand: Recently feature update to W10bversion 22H2 - addition of new co-pilot although not using it Some quality updates 2023-11 cumulative update for W10 22H2 KB50321892 x NET updates KB5032883/KB5032339/I have searched internet and tried various potential fixes including:1 reboot2...
  8. After recent windows10 updates -Start/Calendar & Notification tabs on taskbar do not exxpand

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How to dock notifications in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to dock notifications in the taskbar?: On my HP laptop, notifications Nord VPN Disconnected, Language Typing Selection are placed around the screen on the highest layer as popouts that cannot be closed or redocked to the taskbar, causing it to be very distracting. Attempting to upload a picture of the error fails...
  10. How to dock notifications in the taskbar?

How to dock notifications in the taskbar?: On my HP laptop, notifications Nord VPN Disconnected, Language Typing Selection are placed around the screen on the highest layer as popouts that cannot be closed or redocked to the taskbar, causing it to be very distracting. Attempting to upload a picture of the error fails...