Windows 10: Notification / Pop Up settings return to default after restart

Discus and support Notification / Pop Up settings return to default after restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I set my notification / pop up settings for Synology Cloud Drive to the OFF position both under the windows notification settings and in the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mucci, May 10, 2016.

1. Mucci Win User

Notification / Pop Up settings return to default after restart

I set my notification / pop up settings for Synology Cloud Drive to the OFF position both under the windows notification settings and in the app itself. Every time I restart the computer it resets itself to the ON position.

Is this a Win10 issue or an issue with the software?

:)

Mucci, May 10, 2016

2. X6 setting default messaging application

Not that I know. It would depend on the threaded sms application.

For example, I am using isms as my threaded conversation app. When I receive a message, yes the default notification pops up for a split second before the isms notification pops up. However if I open the isms notification, it marks the message as read on the
    default messaging as well, thus turning off the default notification after reading it on isms. Check your app if you have a similar setting where the app marks the messages as already read.

chanchan05, May 10, 2016
  3. PatM.YV. Win User
    Lost all notifications from all games and some windows store apps didn't work.

As subject states I lost all my game notifications and some Windows store games did not work. They would pop up then go down immediately.

I solved this quite by accident, The solution was setting a default location for my device! Who knew? When I did this all notifications returned and the windows store games that were not working started to work just fine.

Anyone ever heard of this?

Pat.

PatM.YV., May 10, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

5. Mucci Win User
    Wouldn't this prevent the program from opening after a restart? It's a cloud drive that I work off of on a daily basis so I'd like it to start during startup, i just don't want it to reset it's pop-up preferences each time.

Mucci, May 10, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    When you need to use it, get it from Start > All Programs.

Thema:

1. Notification / Pop Up settings return to default after restart - Similar Threads - Notification Pop settings

2. Notification Sound But No Pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Sound But No Pop-up: Recently I noticed that there's something wrong with my notifications. I can hear the notification sound but there is no pop-up displayed. Any idea how to fix this?...
  3. notifications not popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notifications not popping up: My notifications and all the icons towards the right-side of the taskbar, like sound, wifi, battery are not popping up. need help, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-popping-up/6b9b7b64-c372-44e0-b561-24541e8520da
  4. notifications not popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notifications not popping up: My notifications and all the icons towards the right-side of the taskbar, like sound, wifi, battery are not popping up. need help, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-popping-up/6b9b7b64-c372-44e0-b561-24541e8520da
  5. Dictation notification keeps popping up after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dictation notification keeps popping up after restart: Hello, i have noticed that when I restart my computer, a notification pops up at the top of my screen. The pop up say "To use dictation, go to Settings and turn on online speech recognition" I have tried following the steps and disabling it afterwards but the pop up keeps...
  6. Dictation notification keeps popping up after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictation notification keeps popping up after restart: Hello, i have noticed that when I restart my computer, a notification pops up at the top of my screen. The pop up say "To use dictation, go to Settings and turn on online speech recognition" I have tried following the steps and disabling it afterwards but the pop up keeps...
  7. Pop-up Notification

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop-up Notification: This Notification Pop-up every 30 to 40 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-notification/55475e14-0364-4dc8-a0c6-d4ce85cebb5d
  8. windows pop-up notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows pop-up notifications: first i want to say where the w10 pop-ups is at the bottom right corner where there is time and date now i will get to where my issue is, i get pop-ups at the corner and i have discord chats notifications and also windows notifications like emails and other sorts like AV...
  9. settings return to default with reboot/startup

settings return to default with reboot/startup: This started on the morning of Oct 21 at 8a central. The most recent Windows updates were installed Sep 30. Upon each reboot/startup, everything on the machine reverts to default setting: time/date format display settings all apps default back to the original app...
  10. Pop up notifications

Pop up notifications: I keep getting "pop ups" from Chrome, Gmail, Facebook, etc. I can't seem to stop these. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-notifications/7ea77412-e489-4d7e-ae22-4ba660af5f22