Windows 10: Notification sound cutting off, not continuous.

Discus and support Notification sound cutting off, not continuous. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I cannot tell if this happens on another scenarios as I don't get/setup notifications triggering for other events that I know. The fact is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidBaber, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Notification sound cutting off, not continuous.

Hello,

I cannot tell if this happens on another scenarios as I don't get/setup notifications triggering for other events that I know. The fact is that lately when a notification pop-up, the little 1-2 seconds jingle is not continuous, like the first 2 notes sound, then some milliseconds sketchy or pause noise, and then the last notes play. In my case the notification triggers when I open a Browser (Firefox, Chrome). I tested opening the browser, closing, rest a couple of seconds, opening again, etc. And the faulty sound is random. I can have 2 fails in a row like I can get 2 or 3 success sound playing.

I can say that the sound, video, music, radio, everything plays correctly except this. I don't think the file is corrupted as sometimes plays correctly and I can play it manually from sound Control Panel.

Any one knows why this is happening?

:)

DavidBaber, Jul 19, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Sound cuts out when in game and call

Hello Lilium,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Sound cut's out in between games and calls. We will certainly help you.

• What happens when you only play the game and not use any other application? Does the sound stay?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

For now we suggest you to try the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Mark_W. Win User

Notification sound cutting off, not continuous.

Continually notification when there is an unread text message.

Hello RupertHolmesIII:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the question you have about notifications. I am unaware of any setting that allows you to set a notification to continue to alert you that there are unread text messages.

There are a couple of things that you might consider trying to make these alerts more noticeable.

• First, please be sure that you have your Ringer + notification sounds set to a volume that is audible for you. There are two different volumes you can adjust and these are found by pressing the volume button and then tapping the down arrow in the drop
      down from the top of the screen.
    • Next, please look to see if a different sound option helps you with hearing the notification for incoming text messages. If you go to settings > notifications + sounds > tap messaging you will find the option to adjust the sound being used. I personally
      find some sounds to work better then others.
    • Finally, make sure you have messaging set to go to your notification center. This would keep a list of incoming messages listed here until you open and access the notifications. This should at least give you a quick way to check for messages that have
      been received by the phone but have not been checked.
    If you still are not able to get the notifications the way you want the final thing you might consider is posting your suggestion for this feature here,

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Notification sound cutting off, not continuous.

1. Notification sound cutting off, not continuous. - Similar Threads - Notification sound cutting

2. Notification Area on the taskbar is cut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area on the taskbar is cut off: Hello, first time asking here but this has been annoying me for an hour. How do I fix this? I recently updated to windows 11 so I changed a few values on the registry editor to put my taskbar on the top and also made the icons smaller so that the taskbar is smaller but the...
  3. Notification Area on the taskbar is cut off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Area on the taskbar is cut off: Hello, first time asking here but this has been annoying me for an hour. How do I fix this? I recently updated to windows 11 so I changed a few values on the registry editor to put my taskbar on the top and also made the icons smaller so that the taskbar is smaller but the...
  4. Turn off all notification sounds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off all notification sounds.: This should be simple.I want to turn off all notification sounds. I use my computer to teach. I want all sounds other than those that I am producing for my classes to be turned off. Forever. Any time. All day.I don't want to go down a checklist and select which sounds to turn...
  5. Turn off all notification sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off all notification sounds.: This should be simple.I want to turn off all notification sounds. I use my computer to teach. I want all sounds other than those that I am producing for my classes to be turned off. Forever. Any time. All day.I don't want to go down a checklist and select which sounds to turn...
  6. Bluetooth continues to cut in and out.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth continues to cut in and out.: I am continuing to have a problem with my Bluetooth on my laptop and I do not know why. The headphones that I have AirPods, bt2000, etc. all continue to cut in and out with the connection to the laptop. I have had to go as far, with the help of Microsoft support, doing a...
  7. Sound keeps cutting off

Sound keeps cutting off: Please someone HELP! I have tried everything suggested to get my sound back. Started with update my driver, then tried to change settings, then uninstalled and reinstalled, and finally a system restore to an earlier date. Nothing has helped. Everyday I start the computer...
  8. Sound keeps cutting off with my Headset

Sound keeps cutting off with my Headset: Hey there, I'm having an issue which is my headset "Hyperx Cloud 2" the sound keeps cutting off for some reason and when that happens i hear this weird un-plug voice this happens for a second and sometimes its spams this and its really noisy and ruin my games sometimes i...
  9. Continuous sound notification

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous sound notification: After the last update my computer is continuously sound notifying me of something opening then closing. I have not been able to determine what it is. I have restarted my computer. I have had to turn my volume down to avoid hearing the constant sound....
  10. How to turn off notification sound ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off notification sound ?: How to turn off notification "audio" sound heard when update pop up window appears lower right screen as defender is updated done a scan it gives this piano type music I would like to disable. Anyone disabled this and how to do it ? Thanks! 79957