Windows 10: Notification/system tray oddity Win10 1709

Discus and support Notification/system tray oddity Win10 1709 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure when it happened, but on SWMBO's laptop (identical to mine), if we click on the two small chevrons (>>) in the 'sys tray' (call me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikephillips, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Notification/system tray oddity Win10 1709

Not sure when it happened, but on SWMBO's laptop (identical to mine), if we click on the two small chevrons (>>) in the 'sys tray' (call me old-fashioned) it opens to show the entire contents of the desktop - all files/folders etc. This first came to light when the boss reported a long long row of icons in the taskbar. When I looked, I found the sys tray 'spacer bar' had migrated left along the taskbar, and the sys tray was stuffed full of icons representing the files and folders in the desktop folder. Each file or folder shown there was actually identical to the actual file or folder in the desktop folder. If I deleted any one from the bottom bar, the file or folder would be deleted from the desktop - and desktop folder - and needed to be restored from the recycle bin.

We are not conscious of changing anything to cause this and my laptop has not replicated this phenomenon. There is nothing 'odd' in the taskbar personalisation settings. She has a (self-created) 'Show Desktop' icon which sits in the taskbar (and has had for some time) - as does my laptop. We could usefully remove this 'folder' from her sys tray.

Any ideas?

:)

mikephillips, Jan 31, 2018

2. Power mode windows 10 asus laptop

If you are running Windows 10 1709, you should be able to change the Power Mode by clicking the battery icon in the Notification area (system tray). Drag the slide to extreme end for High Performance.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 31, 2018
  3. IzHo Win User
    Sending too much notification to the system notification tray

Hi there!

I am a novice programmer and I was developing a Java app that sends notifications to Windows 10 system notification tray.

However, due to a bug, my app had been sending tons of notifications to the system notification tray. Now, my system hangs whenever I attempt to open the notification tray.

Nonetheless, when I restarted the system, wpnuserservice.exe will crave my system resources (CPU and memory), then followed by Windows Shell Experience. After careful observation, this is because both of the services are attempting to reload the tons of
    notifications being sent to my app earlier.

So my question is, is there a way to clear up notification without going through the notification tray? The notification tray now keeps hanging due to overwhelming notifications, and even if it shows up sometimes, all buttons including the "clear all" does
    not respond (I think Shell Experience is trying too hard to load all notification).

4. Edwin New Member

Notification/system tray oddity Win10 1709

Sounds more like the 'Desktop' Toolbar sitting next to the SysTray, which you could disable by right clicking on the Taskbar►Toolbars►uncheck 'Desktop'.

Can you provide a screenshot such as the following:

Notification/system tray oddity Win10 1709 [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 31, 2018
  5. Edwin - you are a star! I had never even noticed (or tried) that particular toolbar option. Dragged up from Win 3.2 to 10 I guess it crept up on me. No need for a screenshot. So simple (and embarrassing!).

Many thanks.

mikephillips, Feb 1, 2018
  6. Edwin New Member
    All good mate, u got er sorted! *Thumbs

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Notification/system tray oddity Win10 1709

1. Notification/system tray oddity Win10 1709 - Similar Threads - Notification system tray

2. System Tray / Notifications Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray / Notifications Not Working: Sup everyone,My system tray has gone missing from the bottom right of my screen. When I go into my notification settings to try and turn them on, it won't allow me greyed off, hovering over it doesn't prompt me to click anything. Its my own personal account on my PC, but I...
  3. System Tray / Notifications Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Tray / Notifications Not Working: Sup everyone,My system tray has gone missing from the bottom right of my screen. When I go into my notification settings to try and turn them on, it won't allow me greyed off, hovering over it doesn't prompt me to click anything. Its my own personal account on my PC, but I...
  4. System Tray / Notifications Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. System notification tray missing

System notification tray missing: My System Notification tray typically on the right side of the desktop taskbar is missing. All my small icons are on the the taskbar, they aren't grouped together under that system notification tray, which usually appears as a "^". We are running Windows 10 Enterprise on a...
  6. Win10 System Tray

Win10 System Tray: The system tray disappeared from the taskbar. I didn't change any settings. rebooting doessn't fix. savvy/experienced user. all taskbar properties look correct. any hints? what am i missing?...
  7. System tray shows new notifications that aren't there

in Windows 10 Support
    System tray shows new notifications that aren't there: I've noticed on my laptop and desktop, both running Win10 Pro 1809, that since the last set of updates, when I boot up and logon, both machines show the notification icon at far right on the system tray as filled and hovering the mouse over the icon shows the tooltip "1 new...
  8. System Image oddities

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image oddities: Prior to building this PC, its E: partition 00 (formerly C:) on a conventional platter ran Windows 10 on an old PC, but has been reformatted and now houses only Windows back-up files and a few others on a new PC. The D: partition 01, then and now, also contains only data....
  9. System Image oddity

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image oddity: Prior to build of this PC, E: partition 00 (formerly C:) on this conventional platter ran Windows 10 on an old PC, but has been reformatted and now houses only Windows back-up files and a few others on a new PC. D: partition 01, then and now, contains data only. When...
  10. System Tray notification area oddity

in Windows 10 Support
    System Tray notification area oddity: I've looked all over for an answer to this and I can't find it. Am I patient zero? If I have one icon showing in the notification area it appears just fine. If I turn in another icon to show on the notification area the new one shows and the fist one turns into a blank area....