Windows 10: Notification that Windows 10 is out of date when I reboot

Discus and support Notification that Windows 10 is out of date when I reboot in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I get a notification when I reboot that says that Windows 10 cannot install the latest security update because it's out of date. When I click more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KNP54, May 1, 2017.

1. KNP54 Win User

Notification that Windows 10 is out of date when I reboot

I get a notification when I reboot that says that Windows 10 cannot install the latest security update because it's out of date. When I click more information, I get this web page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...latest-version

On that webpage, it clearly mentions Window 10 version 1507.
    But I have Windows 10 Pro version 1703 build 15063.250

Somehow, windows still think I'm running version 1507?

:)

KNP54, May 1, 2017
  2. SJBRAD Win User

Windows 10 contains an Update that is Out-of-Date

How can I HIDE or GET RID of a Window Update released in April 2013 which Windows Update keeps trying to install?

This is listed in Windows 10 Update:

HP - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Fax - HP Officejet 4630 series

Failed to install 8/7/2015

A bit of searching reveals this entry:

HP Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware software update released in April, 2013

WIndows Update has been trying to install this Update since 8/3/2015, the date I Upgraded to Windows 10.

Thank you.

SJBRAD, May 1, 2017
  3. Windows 10 contains an Update that is Out-of-Date

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: If trying the update again doesn't help, the Windows Update troubleshooter can automatically find and fix some common problems with Windows Update.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows logo + X keys together
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Click Action Center and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Then click System and Security and click Windows update and follow the onscreen instruction.
    Method 2: I suggest you to reset the windows update components as in the below link and check if it helps.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

NOTE: the above link also applied to Windows 10.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 1, 2017
  4. Notification that Windows 10 is out of date when I reboot

Check your account in settings, you may have to sign out and sign back in. Your version is the latest release of Windows 10.*What

Josey Wales, May 1, 2017
  5. KNP54 Win User
    I think it worked! I had to verify my credentials in my account. Thanks.

KNP54, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Notification that Windows 10 is out of date when I reboot

1. Notification that Windows 10 is out of date when I reboot - Similar Threads - Notification date reboot

2. Toast Notifications for When Apps Are Out of Date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toast Notifications for When Apps Are Out of Date: Hello,My organization is trying to find a way that we can have toast notifications appear onto computers that say to the users that they have out of date apps that need updating. We are a small business, and a lot of computer's apps are not being updated, and I do not want to...
  3. Toast Notifications for When Apps Are Out of Date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toast Notifications for When Apps Are Out of Date: Hello,My organization is trying to find a way that we can have toast notifications appear onto computers that say to the users that they have out of date apps that need updating. We are a small business, and a lot of computer's apps are not being updated, and I do not want to...
  4. how do i fix out of date notifications on email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix out of date notifications on email account: tried to reset password several times what am i doing wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-out-of-date-notifications-on-email/4a2e1bfe-0cc1-4822-ad54-9b2f19f4a6ec
  5. how do i fix out of date notifications on email account

how do i fix out of date notifications on email account: tried to reset password several times what am i doing wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-out-of-date-notifications-on-email/4a2e1bfe-0cc1-4822-ad54-9b2f19f4a6ec
  6. Windows 10 out of date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 out of date: I woke up today and had a new symbol on the taskbar saying. "Your version of Windows 10 has reached the end of service. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay supported."When I go to update my P.C it`s up to date with Windows insider Dev channel, and when I...
  7. multiple notifications about rebooting out of active hours

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    multiple notifications about rebooting out of active hours: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Version 1909 When I have an update ready to apply, I get a notification that the machine will reboot out of active hours, which I like. I click okay, and off it goes, only to reappear about 10 or maybe 20 minutes later, I'm not sure what the...
  8. Gmail account settings out of date - Windows 10 Mail notification.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail account settings out of date - Windows 10 Mail notification.: "Your Gmail account settings are out of date. We couldn’t access this account: Gmail. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device". When I go to Settings>Accounts>Email and accounts, *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  9. Getting notification that AOL accounts are out of date

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Getting notification that AOL accounts are out of date: Why does Microsoft Windows 10 tell me my AOL accounts are out of date? Why do they want to take over my AOL accounts. They work just fine as is. ***Modified title from: Why does Microsoft want my AOL email. None of their business.***...
  10. Notification change resets when I reboot

Notification change resets when I reboot: I use Winamp and get an annoying Lastfm notification every time a new song starts. It's easily shut off in settings, but resets every day. Is there a way to make it permanent? Thanks. 51230