Windows 10: Notification - "Turn on virus protection" evey time Windows starts

Discus and support Notification - "Turn on virus protection" evey time Windows starts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Has anyone noticed an annoying notification bug asking for virus protection to be turned on? Every time I switch my laptop on I get the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StackOverflow, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Notification - "Turn on virus protection" evey time Windows starts

Hi,

Has anyone noticed an annoying notification bug asking for virus protection to be turned on? Every time I switch my laptop on I get the notification being displayed for a split second.

It is a clean installation of Windows 10 (not upgraded) and all drivers are installed.

The same problem is experienced on all 3 PC's I have running Windows 10.

Just to clarify, virus protection is enabled *Smile

Notification - "Turn on virus protection" evey time Windows starts [​IMG]

:)

StackOverflow, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Jsssssssss, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows defender wont stay on - problem started 2 weeks ago after latest updates

I cant get this to turn on .After the latest Windows updates Defender keeps shutting off triggering 2 notifications: "Turn on virus protection" and " Turn on spyware protection". When I start Defender to turn it on, it only turns on for 2 seconds and
    it turns itself back off. I´m not able to update definitions or run any kind of scan because it wont stay on for that long. What can I do to fix this Thank you.

AlfredaKurhan, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Notification - "Turn on virus protection" evey time Windows starts

Control Panel\System and Security\Security and Maintenance\Change Security and Maintenance

Uncheck Security messages for Virus Protection and Spyware and unwanted software protection

TairikuOkami, Jul 30, 2015
  5. awesome, i had noticed the same thing and it was very annoying. thanks for pointing out these settings. i think it worked!

techfreshguy, Jul 31, 2015
  6. hanelpt Win User
    This will turn off the notification. I want to have W10 tell me if Defender has been disabled. The question is: why is W10 telling me my virus protection is not working at the same time Defender is saying it is? Is the notification wrong or is Defender wrong? Is Defender really not working or is it a notification bug in a very green OS?

hanelpt, Aug 3, 2015
  7. It is possible, that it is not updated, so even if it is running, you are not protected.
    Or it could be disabled by some infection pretending, that it is running just fine.

TairikuOkami, Aug 3, 2015
  8. otisdog Win User

Notification - "Turn on virus protection" evey time Windows starts

I am having the same problem. Every time I turn around that message is popping out - it stays for a split second then leaves. I don't even have the time to click on it. I don't want to turn off the notifications either but it's quite annoying. Some kind of bug.
    Jim

otisdog, Aug 5, 2015
  9. Antilope Win User
    I've noticed the same message on startup, but upon checking Defender is turned on and updated. I think maybe some startup things are out of sequence. Windows is checking for Defender before it loads and gives an error message. Defender then loads after the check and error message. Just a guess.

Antilope, Aug 5, 2015
  10. Joanne Win User
    I have the same issue. It appears at random times, not necessarily when I will start my computer. For the moment I ignore it. I hope the next Service Release will fix this.

Joanne, Aug 7, 2015
  11. Boozad Win User
    I get the popup too only mine happens about a minute or two after startup. F-Secure is always up and running within seconds of boot yet if I click on the message it tells me it's off. I've reported the bug to MS (as I presume other Insiders have) yet a fix is still in the waiting.

Boozad, Aug 7, 2015
  12. cubsfan Win User
    received same errors on every restart -- but does not occur after shutdown/power up

• chat with Microsoft tech did not solve problem, but while trying to fix it, technician cleared me caches using CCCleaner and wiped out my Microsoft Edge startup page (topsites and content)
    • when notifications appear:
      • task manager shows Windows Defender is running
      • control panel/system and maintenance shows firewall and anti-virus OFF
      • cannot open Windows Defender from start menu until I click on notifications
    finally reinstalled Norton-360, since I am not sure my system is actually protected

cubsfan, Aug 7, 2015
  13. iriches Win User

I was having this on my desktop system - the laptop was fine. I have (for now) fixed it by changing the settings for the security center service from "Automatic (Delayed Start)" to "Automatic". This has not had any noticeable impact on boot times, and I have not noticed any other issues.

To make this change:

• Type "services.msc" (without the quotes) in the search bar
    • Scroll down the list of services to find "Security Center" and double-click on it
    • Change the Startup type setting to "Automatic" and hit "OK"
    • Close the services window
    • Re-start the machine to test

iriches, Aug 11, 2015
  14. otisdog Win User
    Thanks - I'm gonna try this
    Jim

otisdog, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Notification - "Turn on virus protection" evey time Windows starts - Similar Threads - Notification Turn virus

2. turning on virus protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turning on virus protection: Hello, i have win 10 and im an administrator on my computer but unfortunately i can't modify windows security, when it shows me the setting is managed by your administrator.https://prnt.sc/yRWyP7PKriNdalso i cant update windowshttps://prnt.sc/HfnHtzZQVFnA...
  3. turning on virus protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turning on virus protection: Hello, i have win 10 and im an administrator on my computer but unfortunately i can't modify windows security, when it shows me the setting is managed by your administrator.https://prnt.sc/yRWyP7PKriNdalso i cant update windowshttps://prnt.sc/HfnHtzZQVFnA...
  4. turning on virus protection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 keeps showing notification to turn on virus protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps showing notification to turn on virus protection: Hi there, a few days ago I updated my Windows 11 laptop DELL G15 5511 and after that I immediately noticed a error notification in 'Device security' specifically it kept saying to turn on 'Local Security Authority Protection'. I tried turning it on several times and restarted...
  6. Windows 11 keeps showing notification to turn on virus protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps showing notification to turn on virus protection: Hi there, a few days ago I updated my Windows 11 laptop DELL G15 5511 and after that I immediately noticed a error notification in 'Device security' specifically it kept saying to turn on 'Local Security Authority Protection'. I tried turning it on several times and restarted...
  7. Virus Protection Not Turning on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Protection Not Turning on: Hello, so my virus and threat protection turned off without me doing anything, and now when i press "Restart now" is keeps loading and loading without doing anything. Can someone please help me figure out how to turn it back on...
  8. Could not turn on real time protection in virus and protection setting

Could not turn on real time protection in virus and protection setting: Hi, there is some issue with the real time protection as i couldnt turn it on as it was grayed out. i had tried the troubleshooting steps in...
  9. real time virus protection cannot be turned on

real time virus protection cannot be turned on: how can i solve this problem? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/real-time-virus-protection-cannot-be-turned-on/cd076fa5-5573-4d7a-b78c-279822466e6c
  10. Notification - Check virus protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification - Check virus protection: Hi I have recently being advised by Notification to check virus protection. Dialog reads: Windows Defender Antivirus and multiple other antivirus apps are turned off. Tap or click to see installed antivirus. After clicking on a dialog box appears Titled Security and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spyware and unwanted software protection

2. windows 10 notification turn on virus protection

3. turn on virus protection notification