Windows 10: Notifications: How To View Old Notifications?

Discus and support Notifications: How To View Old Notifications? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I really like the "New Notifications" feature in Windows 10 Pro on the bottom right corner of my screen. My Windows 10 PC informed me that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NiceAndShy, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Notifications: How To View Old Notifications?

Hi all, I really like the "New Notifications" feature in Windows 10 Pro on the bottom right corner of my screen.

My Windows 10 PC informed me that I had potential malware and it said it removed it, but I want to read more about it.

How can I view old "Notifications" that appear in the bottom right corner of my screen?

Thank you!

:)

NiceAndShy, Oct 13, 2016
  2. husky65 Win User

Clearing Facebook notifications

I have the same problem, it is in the latest Facebook app, not the ME tile, it is the red circled "notification count' on the live tile when pinned to the start page of the phone. I've viewed the notifications, I've responded to them and so far nothing will
    make the notifications go away. If you can't manually clear them, is it possible to downgrade to the old version of the facebook app until they fix this? if so, how?

Thanks for any info on this.

husky65, Oct 13, 2016
  3. S'me Win User
    Action Center is not showing past notifications

These answers are terrible. To the question regarding how to show notification history - the answer was that you can't view it after manually clearing it...

Yet the notifications disappear without
    manually clearing them. So are they gone forever? How do we view the notification history?

4. Cliff S New Member

Notifications: How To View Old Notifications?

To find out more about what was removed,
    if you're using Defender,
    you need to open it up,
    select the History tab,
    select "all detected items,
    click View details,

Notifications: How To View Old Notifications? [​IMG]

Then this opens,

Notifications: How To View Old Notifications? [​IMG]

and you can decide if it was a false positive and keep it, or to remove it.

Cliff S, Oct 13, 2016
  5. Thanks, but is there another way I can check like the old "Notifications"?

NiceAndShy, Oct 13, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I couldn't find any place.
    I was thinking in C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ActionCenterCache
    but mine is empty*Sad

Cliff S, Oct 13, 2016
  7. Thanks for your effort!

If anyone else has an idea I'd appreciate it!

NiceAndShy, Oct 16, 2016
  8. Notifications: How To View Old Notifications?

So it's not possible to look at old Notifications?

NiceAndShy, Oct 19, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    Apparently not. Most notifications are of the 'Safe to remove USB mass storage device' type - relevant only at the time of notification. There's little point in keeping those, so Microsoft don't. Some (like 'Defender needs to scan your drive' or 'an app default was reset') are less ephemeral and will stay in the Action Centre until you click on then to confirm you've read them. But they too will then disappear. More serious errors may also get reported in the Event Log or (like Defender's History) in the app itself, but there's no record of action centre notifications that I can find.

10. Thanks for your help!

If anyone knows a way I can read the old notifications I'd really appreciate it.

NiceAndShy, Nov 24, 2016
  11. Winuser Win User
    It would be great if there was a way that we could read old notices. There have been a few I didn't get to read before they disappeared.

Winuser, Nov 24, 2016
  12. This is my problem also!

NiceAndShy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Notifications: How To View Old Notifications?

1. Notifications: How To View Old Notifications? - Similar Threads - Notifications View Old

2. How to disabled notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disabled notification?: Hi,May I check how to disabled this notification?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disabled-notification/d2d5796c-089c-426d-9c43-4afc0d2499b3
  3. How to view Old Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to view Old Notifications in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 provides a great way to get important alerts i.e Notifications. These apps […] This article How to view Old Notifications in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. How view full notification in action center

in Windows 10 Support
    How view full notification in action center: Hi, when I tap on the arrow, the notification is not shown in full, there is some significant part that is not showing. How can I see the full notification please? win 10 os build 19041.264 164735
  5. Desktop Alert Notification View Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Alert Notification View Change: Hi I just updated my office 365 in my laptop and there is one issue that I wanted your help on When a new email notification pops up – it comes like the below and not the normal way. I am used to seeing it in a different format. Any ideas how can I change it Is...
  6. View notification in windows 10

View notification in windows 10: I am having problem viewing notification on windows 10 education edition. Normally, on my other computers that are not running education edition, clicking on the chat looking icon on the bottom right corner would bring up the side panel or action center that would show...
  7. Windows 10 View Action Center Notifications

Windows 10 View Action Center Notifications: Is there any way to view the notifications in Windows 10 Action Center WITHOUT clicking on the bottom right icon ?? Every time I click on action center icon when it shows i have notifications, the top area is completely blank !!! Please Help. And Thank you to all who reply...
  8. Notification stays in the notification center even after viewing it

Notification stays in the notification center even after viewing it: I am running Windows 10 Pro 1803. I was running Office 2013 STD. and it was all fine. I upgraded to Office 2019 STD and now when I receive emails the email notification stays in the notification center. It does not automatically clear itself anymore like it did when I was...
  9. How to remove a Notification sender in Notifications & Actions?

How to remove a Notification sender in Notifications & Actions?: A website called newsmax is sending me notifications and I just want to remove it, not just have the notifications off but it removed entirely. Is there a way to do this?...
  10. Notification & Action issue, old entries

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Notification & Action issue, old entries: Is it possible to remove / clean / manage the entries in the Notification & Action list? Old programs , already uninstalled [img] and Windows Phone section to get shared notification from Windows Mobile device(s). There are no reason to have multiple entries, I...