Windows 10: Notify for Scheduled Restart setting?

Discus and support Notify for Scheduled Restart setting? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I did some testing on my Win 10 box and I had selected to Notify for Scheduled Restart when updates are completed installing. I had set my own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by win10freak, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Notify for Scheduled Restart setting?

I did some testing on my Win 10 box and I had selected to Notify for Scheduled Restart when updates are completed installing. I had set my own preference schedule, for example 18:45 today (which was in fact yesterday).
    Anyways, I ran the Check for Updates and when the installation had finished, I waited until my set time was reached and computer did not reboot automatically. Why is this? Does it in fact have to reboot automatically everytime I set my own time to have the computer restart after the updates had completed?
    I have the very latest build.

I don't understand.

:)

win10freak, Jan 12, 2016
  2. Enchanter Win User

Notify to schedule a restart.

I have a pc that runs a Wurm Unlimited Server and WAMP. Even with "Notify to schedule a restart" selected, it still reboots to install updates without actually waiting for me to say when.. Thus it kicks people of the servers.

Any suggestions?

Enchanter, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Notify to schedule a restart.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

Try manually reset the Windows Updates Components once again and then reinitiate the Windows Update process.

Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components and help you to install the Windows Updates quickly.

Please follow the below steps to reset the Windows Updates Components:

1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.

6. After restarting the computer, now retry to install Windows Updates.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 12, 2016
Thema:

Notify for Scheduled Restart setting?

1. Notify for Scheduled Restart setting? - Similar Threads - Notify Scheduled Restart

2. Tweaking a Scheduled Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Tweaking a Scheduled Restart: I didn't see a category that this question fit so I'm posting it here in the General category. Windows 10/64 Home and Pro Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) I have added a task in task scheduler on all my Windows 10 PCs to restart each PC at a specific time every day. An...
  3. Will setting Active Hours allow me to schedule a restart for 1903?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will setting Active Hours allow me to schedule a restart for 1903?: Hi, all. Tired of going round in circles with Microsoft Support on Twitter, so thought I'd ask here. My mother's laptop has been downloading the 1903 update, but I want to have control over when it installs. I can't set Active Hours, as she doesn't have a typical usage...
  4. scheduled task restart & logon

in Windows 10 Support
    scheduled task restart & logon: It is often the case that when I come to work in the morning and wake-up my desktop, automated programs get triggered and really slow down my computer and I can’t really do efficient work for a while, sometimes an hour or so. These include full disc scans mandated by the...
  5. schedule restart by windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    schedule restart by windows: my win is not enabling schedule restart option.....after recent updates installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/schedule-restart-by-windows/cd805d68-3190-4332-869a-800d6f16eeda
  6. Win update “Notify to schedule restart" missing after recent update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win update “Notify to schedule restart" missing after recent update?: Before the recent update, in windows update “Advanced Options” screen, I selected “Notify to schedule restart” so my PC will not restart by itself after an update, as mentioned in this article How to Schedule Restarts for Updates in Windows 10 Yesterday after windows...
  7. Notify to Schedule Restart - Time

Notify to Schedule Restart - Time: I'm currently deciding whether to upgrade to Windows 10 or not from Windows 8.1. The main thing that will prevent me from upgrading is whether I can regain some form of control over automatic restarts after automatic windows updates. I understand from doing some research...
  8. Notify to schedule restart

Notify to schedule restart: How do I set "Notify to schedule restart"? I used to have my W10IP set to this, but now I can't find it anywhere in the useless "phone GUI" Settings screen. Has MS removed this from W10? 70107
  9. Restart is scheduled

Restart is scheduled: I keep getting a pop-up message that say's "Don't Forget a restart is scheduled for ?? oclock" I have cleared the notifications and restarted my computer 3 times and still get this message. The only difference is the time keeps changing. I don't have any updates listed as...
  10. Re-scheduled restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-scheduled restart: New HP Envy 17" only had it a week. Settings>update & security> windows updates. The schedule restart is set for 03.30 but my PC is switched off over night, so every morning it wants to restart 5 minutes after I log on. I can't seem to change that setting, it's greyed out....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notify to schedule restart setting