Windows 10: Notify problem solved

Discus and support Notify problem solved in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there anything more discouraging to helpers than when a member requests assistance, suggestions being provided, and then no further response from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dencal, Mar 3, 2016.

1. dencal Win User

Notify problem solved

Is there anything more discouraging to helpers than when a member requests assistance, suggestions being provided, and then no further response from the original poster.
    By the thread starter notifying what solved their problem, could also help others in the same predicament.
    Also marking as solved would help which most posters tend to disregard.

:)

dencal, Mar 3, 2016

2. Vertical lines on screen after waking laptop from sleep

The problem indeed stems from the Win10 Update, however there is an easy and well known solution for it.

1. Install Oracle VM Virtualbox (Oracle VM VirtualBox)

2. Install Archlinux on the VM

3. Start the VM before allowing the laptop to go to sleep and keep it running.

This will reliably keep Windows from doing whatever it does to render the display unusable by transitive property.

Other Linux distribution might work too, however I haven't tested this.

Solved the problem, Mar 3, 2016
  3. Vertical lines on screen after waking laptop from sleep

Nope, the computer will still go into sleep and wake with vertical lines when I ran a VM with a Windows on it.

Solved the problem, Mar 3, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Notify problem solved

Well maybe one thing is more discouraging...
    You give someone the answer you know is 100% correct, but they are only looking for someone to solidify what they "believe" to be correct, not necessarily right though!

Cliff S, Mar 3, 2016
  5. Good post. I can totally understand where you are both coming from - and unfortunately I have been guilty on both accounts in the past. But I do try to post now if something was fixed. I know from experience I have found things I am having a problem with and googled extensively. Found someone who had the same problem posting in a forum only to find nothing came of it as either the OP fixed the issue without updating the discussion or simply gave up. Unfortunately I don't think this sort of thing is going to change. A lot of people will only find their way into a forum once they have a problem never to be heard from again.

Scottyboy99, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Notify problem solved

1. Notify problem solved - Similar Threads - Notify problem solved

2. Solve this problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solve this problem: When i start this game setup this message appear and not be solved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solve-this-problem/fa41987a-f580-41cb-aec4-47187fcfeb06
  3. Solve this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solve this problem: When i start this game setup this message appear and not be solved " note that i opened with run as administrator " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solve-this-problem/50999fdd-64cc-4962-8804-7e023eaecb32
  4. DriverPack notifier cause a boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DriverPack notifier cause a boot problem: When i start my pc , DriverPack notifier window appears and does not respond and that make the pc take a long time to start , then it appears a window of DriverPack notifier saying stop the execution of this script...
  5. DriverPack notifier cause a boot problem

DriverPack notifier cause a boot problem: When i start my pc , DriverPack notifier window appears and does not respond and that make the pc take a long time to start , then it appears a window of DriverPack notifier saying stop the execution of this script...
  6. DriverPack notifier cause a boot problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. DriverPack notifier problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DriverPack notifier problem: When i start my pc , DriverPack notifier window appears and does not respond and that make the pc take a long time to start , then it appears a window of DriverPack notifier saying stop the execution of this script...
  8. DriverPack notifier problem

DriverPack notifier problem: When i start my pc , DriverPack notifier window appears and does not respond and that make the pc take a long time to start , then it appears a window of DriverPack notifier saying stop the execution of this script...
  9. DriverPack notifier problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Problem solved.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem solved.: Problem solved but the site won't let me delete this post. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-solved/e8688f6b-5598-47cd-ab47-2ab5ef2721aa