Windows 10: November Update on a machine with relocated Users folder

Discus and support November Update on a machine with relocated Users folder in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Anyone tried to install the November Update on a machine with relocated 'Users' folder (per this guide)? Does it install? Or is it necessary to bring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AndreyT, Nov 12, 2015.

1. AndreyT Win User

November Update on a machine with relocated Users folder

Anyone tried to install the November Update on a machine with relocated 'Users' folder (per this guide)? Does it install? Or is it necessary to bring 'Users' back to C: before installing this update?

:)

AndreyT, Nov 12, 2015
  2. Tryx3 Win User

How to move Users folder and all data to the second drive?

w3w,

I remember seeing similar reports for Windows 7. There is no sign that MS are going to change things.

Windows does not have any problems with relocating the individual user folders within a C:\Users\Public or C:\Users\YourUserName folder. Windows updates would then proceed correctly.

My SSD is only 120GB and these allowed relocations leave the drive very free.

There is guidance on the relocation procedure in
    Relocate user folder

Denis

Tryx3, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Windows 10...maybe later (not possible to relocate you user profile folder)

Arthur,

You can relocate the folders within your C:\Users\YourUserName\ folder group instead - Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures, Searches, Favorites, Links.

Windows 10 allows this and the relocations survive subsequent updates.

Tryx3, Nov 12, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

I left users folder on D:\ and upgrade went fine.

Thema:

1. November Update on a machine with relocated Users folder - Similar Threads - November Update machine

2. Relocation of Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Relocation of Folders: Can I change the location of folders, say Photos, from SSD drive to internal hard drive? From C drive to D drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/relocation-of-folders/60ff9525-9da6-4468-bba8-bdc0ab627629
  3. Relocation of Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Relocation of Folders: Can I change the location of folders, say Photos, from SSD drive to internal hard drive? From C drive to D drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/relocation-of-folders/60ff9525-9da6-4468-bba8-bdc0ab627629
  4. Relocating User Desktop Folder Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Relocating User Desktop Folder Problem: I need help correcting a problem I created with the relocation of my user Desktop folder. I am new to Windows 10, and I have limited experience with Windows7. System: Lenovo M725s Windows 10 Pro, 1909 Build 18363.815 AMD Ryzen 5 Pro CPU 8 GB memory C: SSD, D: hard file I...
  5. Having troubles with relocating users folders.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Having troubles with relocating users folders.: Hello, I am trying to follow the 'Move Users Folders to another location' (Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials) tutorial and I cannot get my Windows system to move the folders. I watched the Video, very helpful, and noticed a mention of an "all...
  6. Having troubles with relocating users folders.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having troubles with relocating users folders.: Hello, I am trying to follow the 'Move Users Folders to another location' (Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials) tutorial and I cannot get my Windows system to move the folders. I watched the Video, very helpful, and noticed a mention of an "all...
  7. Relocating Users Folder

Relocating Users Folder: Does the Users folder have to be relocated to an empty drive on an existing win 10 installation, or is any local drive ok? 39109
  8. Updates and upgrades with relocated folders

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates and upgrades with relocated folders: Hello, I've been reading in the tutorials how to relocate the user folders and what you need to do in order to upgrade the system. As I have my user and programs folders in another partition (wich I consider is the best way due to the malfunction of windows OSs) some...
  9. Issues with relocated Users folder

Issues with relocated Users folder: Hi everybody, I recently performed a clean install of Win 10, following the instruction of this Forum to relocate the users folder on another drive. Now, I'm having troubles with Microsoft Edge browser, and I'd like to restore it. I've followed the instrucions of this and...
  10. Relocate folder locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Relocate folder locations: I got myself into this mess. Please pleaseee, if anyone could help me solving it I'd be really grateful since it's driving me mad. Initially I wanted to relocate my main folders such as Documents/Music/Downloads etc. into new location. However, I somehow managed to combine...