Windows 10: Now that 1511 was pulled, I don't know how to do a clean install

Discus and support Now that 1511 was pulled, I don't know how to do a clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings! So today I downloaded the 1511 .iso from dreamspark to perform a clean install of windows 10 on my desktop pc. After reading that there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jaffi, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Jaffi Win User

Now that 1511 was pulled, I don't know how to do a clean install

Greetings!

So today I downloaded the 1511 .iso from dreamspark to perform a clean install of windows 10 on my desktop pc. After reading that there was an unknown problem with this build and it got pulled by microsoft, I am unsure if I should still use it.

So, what to do? *Think

:)

Jaffi, Nov 23, 2015

2. I did a Clean Install, how do I activate now?

Hi Maicon,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In order to install Windows 10, you must have activated Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. Since you have performed the Clean Install, it is prompting for the activation. You have to activate Windows 8.1 and then you can upgrade to Windows 10. It won't
    ask for the activation afterwards.

Try the below methods to activate:

Method 1.

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “slui 4” and press enter.
    Follow the on screen directions to activate over phone.

Refer to this article to know more.

How to activate a Microsoft product by using Microsoft Product Activation Center:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929/en-us

Method 2.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue.

Refer to these steps to perform a SFC scan:

a) Press Windows key + X, select
    Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt

b) In the command prompt type the following command:
    sfc/scannow and press enter

c) After the scan, restart the computer and try to activate online first. If the issue persists, then try to activate over phone.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to contact the Microsoft Customer Support team for further assistance with this issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers/en-gb

Refer the below link and check if that helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Nov 23, 2015
  3. I did a Clean Install, how do I activate now?

I was using the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, it was activated. So Microsoft said, Insiders should get the final release activated when using their MSA. I had some trouble with my HD and had to do a Clean Install. So now, with my MSA logged in, I am
    unable to activate it. They said I have to install the previous version like Windows 8.1 then upgrade it. But I don't have the product key for the previous version. So, how do Insiders get their final release activated as Microsoft promised after a Clean Install?

MaiconPinheiro, Nov 23, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Where did you read there is a problem with 1511 ?

sn00ker, Nov 23, 2015
  5. I would still install it regardless whatever it says on the News feed about "activation issues" or "bitlocker issues" and its not even been verified that activation issues or bitlocker are the problem as to why Microsoft pulled it. Heck, we don't even know why they pulled it in the first place.

I'm trying to download a copy of v1511 to clean install on my new SSD as I plan to swap the HDD out of my thinkpad. I wouldn't bother with the RTM, its pointless. Install the latest version. Nothing to worry about.

heyyahblah, Nov 23, 2015
  6. Steve C Win User
    How do we all know "there is nothing to worry about" when there has been no official statement what build 1511 was removed?

Steve C, Nov 23, 2015
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    Fafhrd, Nov 23, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I'm on 1511 on 6 computers and fixing to upgrade another one from XP to 1511 in the next few days. I would not hesitate to install it. Or just use the gatherosstate.exe method as Fafhrd posted to clean install 10240 on a Windows 10 virgin computer.

NavyLCDR, Nov 23, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
Thema:

1. Now that 1511 was pulled, I don't know how to do a clean install - Similar Threads - 1511 was pulled

2. I locked my device now now I don't know how to get back in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I locked my device now now I don't know how to get back in: I locked my computer from find my device. It says to ha e admin sign in. I thought I was admin, but it won't let me unlock it or change users. How the heck do I get back into my computer? Help!!...
  3. I don't know want to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know want to do?: My computer is a laptop running Windows 10I have all of my data stored in notepad it's a free programbut wordpad is better because you can click on a URLso I copy pasted my data from notepad in wordpad the problem was I couldn't get the spacing the samein notepad for example...
  4. I don't know want to do?

I don't know want to do?: My computer is a laptop running Windows 10I have all of my data stored in notepad it's a free programbut wordpad is better because you can click on a URLso I copy pasted my data from notepad in wordpad the problem was I couldn't get the spacing the samein notepad for example...
  5. I don't know want to do?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I clean install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clean install?: I'm planning to do a factory reset. but recently I got few recommendations that I should do a clean install instead. What is better? Factory reset or clean install?If so, how do I clean install?...
  7. How do I clean install?

How do I clean install?: I'm planning to do a factory reset. but recently I got few recommendations that I should do a clean install instead. What is better? Factory reset or clean install?If so, how do I clean install?...
  8. I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't know what to do: I messed around with the registry once I upgraded from win 7 pro to win 10 pro following the instructions of some youtube video WITHOUT BACKING UP. Basically it was just setting some values to 0 so that microsoft doesn't track my activity and overall make my computer faster....
  9. Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP9auO41B2g&feature=youtu.be Hey here's a video that shows what's going on. I tried updating what could be updated, I tried replugging both my mouse and keyboard, even tried switching to a different mouse, but the problem still comes back. I...
  10. Doing A Clean Install of Win 10, now it wants a Key I Don't Have

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doing A Clean Install of Win 10, now it wants a Key I Don't Have: Hello, I have a machine that originally came with Win 7, then I upgraded to Win 8, then later I took the free upgrade to Win 10. It worked pretty good on my machine. I had a little while back experimented with another OS - Wiping out everything on the hard drive. I'm now...