Windows 10: Now you can have COLORED INACTIVE TITLE BARS !

Discus and support Now you can have COLORED INACTIVE TITLE BARS ! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all Here is how : Let's go into regedit ( launch run command and type "regedit" without quotes ) Now go to the following path :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mykou, Nov 28, 2015.

1. mykou Win User

Now you can have COLORED INACTIVE TITLE BARS !

Hi all

Here is how :

Let's go into regedit ( launch run command and type "regedit" without quotes )

Now go to the following path :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

now you gonna create a new dword ( see screenshot ) named " AccentColorInactive "

Now you can have COLORED INACTIVE TITLE BARS ! [​IMG]
    double click on it and edit the color with hexadecimal values using a nice url I found for it

Color Hex Color Codes

the TRICK is to copy from right to left the values ( blue first , then green and red ) found in hexadecimal field

Now fill the DWORD hexadecimal field with them to get :

Now you have your INACTIVE windows title bars COLORED

Credits to Vishal Guptal from askvg for this nice tip !

Working under windows 10 1511 - 10586 build

Regards

EDIT: just found Edwin told the tip before *Smile lol

Maybe to put in tutorial section Brink ? *Smile

:)

mykou, Nov 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 title bar color

Right-click desktop, Properties, Colors. Select an accent color, and enable the following option:

Show color on Start, Taskbar, action center, and title bar

One problem is that the inactive title bar color also uses the same accent color. But you can change the inactive titlebar color using registry edit (AccentColorInactive). Change
    the Inactive Title Bar Color in Windows 10?

And to independently apply the accent colors (eg., only for titlebars), see this excellent post at Reddit: tutorial_independently_colourise_or_decolourise

Google for ColorPrevalence and AccentColorInteractive

Google

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 28, 2015
  3. JohnnyH1 Win User
    How to Change Active Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update?

Can you tell me the registry entries for active and inactive title bar colors? Thank you for the text coloring!

JohnnyH1, Nov 28, 2015
  4. Now you can have COLORED INACTIVE TITLE BARS !

Hmm, doesn't work for me (even with a reboot).

ugcheleuce, Nov 28, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    After some testing, I've found that the 'tweak' works as expected on an 'AeroLite' Theme, much more so than on Windows default 'Hero' theme.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Now you can have COLORED INACTIVE TITLE BARS !

1. Now you can have COLORED INACTIVE TITLE BARS ! - Similar Threads - COLORED INACTIVE TITLE

2. Title Bars have lost accent color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Title Bars have lost accent color: I recently realized that my title bars no longer match the accent color of my taskbar and start menu. I've checked and double-checked the settings, clicking "Show accent color on title bars and windows borders." All that seems to affect is the windows borders now. I've even...
  3. Title Bars have lost accent color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Title Bars have lost accent color: I recently realized that my title bars no longer match the accent color of my taskbar and start menu. I've checked and double-checked the settings, clicking "Show accent color on title bars and windows borders." All that seems to affect is the windows borders now. I've even...
  4. Firefox to use Windows 10 active/inactive title bar colors

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox to use Windows 10 active/inactive title bar colors: How do I go about forcing/telling Firefox to use the established Windows 10 active/inactive title bar colors. Is it done via chrome scripting... Need help... please be as detailed as possible. Randy Reist 162455
  5. How can I change the color of inactive title bar of the Windows' system programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change the color of inactive title bar of the Windows' system programs?: [ATTACH] I note that some of Windows native programs like cmd and regedit are with the inactive borders in white, even with the dark mode enabled. Only Windows Explorer and the Settings app title bars are in dark mode color. I suppose it should be in grey color, amiright?...
  6. Win 10: Unable to set inactive window Title Bar Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10: Unable to set inactive window Title Bar Color: I have followed (to the letter) Shawn's tutorial viz. the colorization of the various aspects of Windows 10. I have successfuly set the title bar of active windows, etc. to my deep blue; but have not been able to set the color (purple) of inactive windows title bars. Every...
  7. Can you change the title-bar color of the new Windows Terminal?

Can you change the title-bar color of the new Windows Terminal?: [IMG] I use the light Windows theme in general but for the new Windows Terminal it's title-bar is always a ugly gray, even if I enable title-bar coloring in Windows. Can I change it somehow? I saw people with a dark title-bar but I guess that's only available for dark-mode...
  8. Title bar and task bar color

Title bar and task bar color: [ATTACH] why is the title bar and the task bar not the exactly same color when set? the top bar always appears a little brighter than the start and action center it's the same with transparency effect, the button is always a little darker is it supposed to be this way?...
  9. How change the Active and Inactive Title Bar Color the contrast mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    How change the Active and Inactive Title Bar Color the contrast mode: How to change the Active and Inactive Title Bar Color in Windows 10 when under the contrast mode ? 101339
  10. Change Color of Inactive Title Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Color of Inactive Title Bar in Windows 10: How to: Change Color of Inactive Title Bar in Windows 10 [img] Information When you change the color in Windows 10, it will change the color of your Start menu accents, Start button, taskbar, title bars, window borders, buttons, text, Settings accents, sign-in screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. AccentColorInactive doesnt work