Windows 10: NSF file without the ID file

Discus and support NSF file without the ID file in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The legal department of our company has asked us to restore a particular users email from backup from 2 years ago. We were able to find a couple of NSF... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by novotny, Aug 21, 2016.

1. novotny Win User

NSF file without the ID file

The legal department of our company has asked us to restore a particular users email from backup from 2 years ago. We were able to find a couple of NSF files from the requested time period, but no ID files and we have since migrated from Notes to Exchange. So is there a way to recover the email from NSF file without the ID file and without the Domino server? We think the files were generated with Lotus Notes version 7.

:)

novotny, Aug 21, 2016
  2. skeba Win User

9500 synchronisation with Lotus Notes 6

I use synchronization with various Nokia phone models and Lotus Notes 6.5. And everything has worked fairly well as .id file is located in c:\program files\lotus\notes\data and .nsf in server.

skeba, Aug 21, 2016
  3. habs09 Win User
    How to sync lotus notes calendar details N73

I got a Nokia 6500 an have the same Problem i can^t synchronise my handy with lotus notes 6.5

Error: Could not open the ID file

I'm Lotus Notes Admin. The .id File is in the Data-directory.

i tried it with local settings and a replicated .nsf file on my notebook.

and i tried it with the server setting. both times i got the same error.

i got Nokia PC Sync Version 6.83.14.1

habs09, Aug 21, 2016
  4. novotny Win User

what do I do? any ideas? I would be grateful for any advice.

novotny, Aug 23, 2016
  5. branigan Win User
    So you didn't back up the ID-file of every user or the server?? Oh dear me...
    NSF databases are in a special format, and the easiest way to read them is with Lotus Notes, so you won't see anything readable when you try with Notepad or so. If the database is not encrypted, you might be able to read it with Notes client, provided that the user left the door open (the ACL in this case).

branigan, Aug 24, 2016
  6. branigan Win User
    branigan, Aug 24, 2016
  7. novotny Win User
    Thank you all for the help!

novotny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NSF file without the ID file - Similar Threads - NSF file without

2. Files downloading without an extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files downloading without an extension: Hello I see in the forums that this query has been answered but the solution was not revealed. When I download files from the internet such as .png and .Jpeg they show up as "file" and I can't find the default app "Photos" to open them. My default app for png and jpeg is...
  3. Save file without login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save file without login: Save a file without MS login. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-file-without-login/c4b0362b-8976-4f84-a4d0-72b4ba001310
  4. User ID has "no files"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User ID has "no files": My windows 10 desktop refused to boot. After attempting a bunch of fixes, I removed the hard drive and Used a USB to connect it to my lap top. Everything appears to be on the drive, but my user account, although listed, has no files. The drives Properties says roughly 50%...
  5. File Explorer File ID

File Explorer File ID: Does anyone know how to find a File ID in File explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-file-id/6309a4cf-3245-4933-8615-a57c2a697f6e
  6. Edit ID tags in File Explorer

Edit ID tags in File Explorer: Today I find that I can no longer Edit ID Tags in File Explorer. My music files are recorded as FLAC files. The drop-down menu in File Explorer no longer has the Edit option. Also, it is not possible to Edit the ID Tags in Properties. Can anyone help?...
  7. View the files within a backup file without restoring the files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View the files within a backup file without restoring the files?: I found a backup file from an old PC earlier today.. I forgot all about this and I was wondering if I might have some old documents or pictures etc on it that I could extract. It's showing as 0 files and 0 bytes but this might just be because it's a backup file and not , for...
  8. How to convert NSF to PST file type?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to convert NSF to PST file type?: The best way which is usually recommended to convert NSF to PST file type is by using a tool likeeSoftTools NSF to PST Converter Software. This tool hardly takes 3 steps to complete the entire process. Just open the tool and browse for the required .nsf file. Then a preview...
  9. File sharing without logging in on the PC with the files

File sharing without logging in on the PC with the files: set that "server" up to automatically sign in a user at start up? Tutorial: Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup This is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!
  10. File without extension

in Windows 10 Support
    File without extension: Hi everyone,I have download a file recently, called "download" which has no extension,so I wonder what it is. ***It's from onlinevideoconverter.com,I downloaded a song. 46974