Windows 10: NSI registry error for missing protocols

Discus and support NSI registry error for missing protocols in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I'm having a bit of an issue connected to the Internet. By using netsh int ip reset. It seems that the folder containing the registry for 26 is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Medievalhorde, Apr 4, 2016.

1. NSI registry error for missing protocols

So I'm having a bit of an issue connected to the Internet. By using netsh int ip reset. It seems that the folder containing the registry for 26 is causing it to becoming inaccessible and gives me an error every time I try and acess it. Is there a known fix for this because from what I've read I didn't see this issue repeating for anyone else. Sorry if I'm not being very discript, but it's difficult to write everything out on a phone. Also after trying to reset through command prompt more than once I'm given "there is no user specified settings to be reset".

:)

Medievalhorde, Apr 4, 2016

2. Network protocol missing - ongoing internet access problem

I suddenly had the error Network Protocol Missing / Windows sockets registry errors are missing. First I ran the network troubleshooter and it reported it could not fix the problem. (huh? what good is a feeble troubleshooter). The I ran sfc /scannow. It
    reported verification found not errors.

Searched the web and found a youtube video that describes how to fix the problem.

This video first recommended the Internet Reset: "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt" and when this failed it recommended to open regedit and change the permissions on the following key to Full Control for Everyone. Then rerun the netsh reset command as
    above.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nsi\{eb004a00-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc}\26

HOW DOES THIS SUDDENLY HAPPEN?

1) The only recent change was a Microsoft patch to Skype. Is it possible an MS patch has corrupted the registry?

2) Why is the so called Troubleshooter unable to find the solution? These Troubleshooters seem to be hit or miss. When they work they are great. When they don't they provide no clue to the real problem. MS if you are looking for a "feature" to improve this
    is it.

3) This is not the first time that I have suddenly had problems and the solution was to fix a permission problem in the registry. How do the permissions in the Registry get corrupted? Is this due to malicious software? It seems to occur frequently enough
    that there should be a Registry permission Troubleshooter. So here's another feature request.

Tigerg2000, Apr 4, 2016
  3. Ethernet cable connection to modem, error messages "unidentified network No internet access"and "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" Windows 10.

I have been using wifi for a while now on my pc and had no problems but today when I connected the ethernet cable to my modem, I keep getting message saying "unidentified network No internet access" also when I try to run the "windows network diagnostics"
    I keep on getting the error message "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

Issues Found:

Issues found

L: One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer
    Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

Not fixed

Restore network protocols to default settings

Completed

Issues found

L: Detection details

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

found

L: Detection details

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

Not fixed

Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

Old title: Ethernet Not Working!!!!!!!!!!

Bilal_3715, Apr 4, 2016
  4. NSI registry error for missing protocols

Take ownership of the following key in registry, set Permissions for the current user to Allow Full Control, reset again.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nsi\{eb004a00-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc}\26

how to take ownership permission of a registry key in windows 10 - YouTube

TairikuOkami, Apr 6, 2016
Thema:

NSI registry error for missing protocols

1. NSI registry error for missing protocols - Similar Threads - NSI registry error

2. Choose default apps by protocol in registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose default apps by protocol in registry: HelloI would like to change the default apps by protocol in the registry.These are following protocols that need to be changed in registry- SIP- SIPS- TELWhere are they in the registryRegardsJuan...
  3. Choose default apps by protocol in registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Choose default apps by protocol in registry: HelloI would like to change the default apps by protocol in the registry.These are following protocols that need to be changed in registry- SIP- SIPS- TELWhere are they in the registryRegardsJuan...
  4. Choose default apps by protocol in registry

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Nsi Proxy Service Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nsi Proxy Service Driver: So I’ve been on a wild goose chase all day trying to find the dependencies for WLANautoconfig and have finally managed to do so. One of these is Network Store interface service properties. It’s dependencies are RPC and then the an SI proxy service driver. RPC is running so I...
  6. Registry file missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry file missing or contains errors: Unfortunately hits the keypad of Dell Laptop then it turns to Off. I tried several times to start, Heading with recovery blue screen comes with mentioned that " your pc/ device needs to be repaired." The Operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file...
  7. Missing Network Protocols

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Network Protocols: I'm trying to get to Gibson's Research website. I cannot access it. I'm being told I'm missing network protocols. Haven't a clue. Any idea's. How do I find what protocols I'm missing. Windows 10 on a Dell Venue 8 pro tablet. Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Edge cannot...
  8. Network Protocols Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Protocols Missing: Noted immediately after 1511 total system update, yet may have been inherited from an earlier build... All is working well, yet Network Troubleshooter reports "one or more network protocols is missing." Various posted remedies have been verified or implemented, to no...
  9. Missing Internet protocols

Missing Internet protocols: So I have been without internet for a couple weeks and have spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer. I only have an ethernet port on my machine, connected to my router via powerline adapters (which work with my other PCs). Windows troubleshooter tells...
  10. Missing Protocols

Missing Protocols: I am attempting to use my Internet but it will not let me to put it straightforwardly. It shows a connection but will not let me use it. I ran the troubleshooter and it tells me I'm missing one or more network protocols and asks me if I'd like to try fixes as admin. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. control nsi 26