Windows 10: NTFS Access rules

Discus and support NTFS Access rules in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello there. Today i want to try out the Win 10(not the first attempt) and have a question, on which i struck the last time i installed Win10. The... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Armitage89, Aug 30, 2016.

1. NTFS Access rules

Hello there. Today i want to try out the Win 10(not the first attempt) and have a question, on which i struck the last time i installed Win10. The thing is that the last time i tried Win10(was doing a clean setup, but the previous OS was Win7), all of the hard drives had changed the owner(this option has never been touched or used before, so it was on default), in result leaving me with all drives blocked in read only mode(took me a couple of hours trying to fix that, after which i basically returned to Win7).

I know that the question may sound awkward, but is there something that may have caused this(dont think that it was a virus of some sort)?

Thank you.

:)

Armitage89, Aug 30, 2016
  2. melweg Win User

Accessing NTFS SD with N86

My N86 can't access the SD card when it is formatted using NTFS.

Is it possible to access an SD card that is formatted using NTFS? If so, how?

Thanks!

melweg, Aug 30, 2016
  3. yusufat Win User
    Word 2010 documents (docx) are not editable in Word Mobile 6.1, but Word 2007 docxs are.

Hi Andrew, thanks for your reply. I found that the documents have nothing to do with share permissions. The containing directory uses default security permissions (users: read, authenticated users: modify, administrators: full control, system: full control)
    and I don't add rules specifiying "deny" permission to any single user.

Following your logic, if permission rules prevents some users to access certain files, then I will not be able to open the word document from beginning. But the document can be opened on the device eventhough it says the document is protected. After all,
    the docx files are copied into storage card of my device, and the storage card is formatted using FAT. The FAT file system does not support security permissions as NTFS does.

yusufat, Aug 30, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

NTFS Access rules

naa its not virus, eventho its almost as annoying *Smile

"Press Windows key + R and type control userpasswords2 and click OKSelect the user name and click Properties
    Click on Group Membership
    Make sure Administrator option is selected
    Also, click the option Other and select Administrator from dropdown
    Click Apply and then OK
    Restart the computer and check
    If the issue still persists, enable the hidden Admin account and check.
    Press Windows key + X and click Command Prompt (Admin)
    Type the following command and press Enter
    net user Administrator /active:yes
    To exit Command Prompt, type Exit and press Enter or simple click X on top right of the same window."

Administrator permissions - Microsoft Community

batlhilz, Aug 30, 2016
  5. batlhilz, thanks for the reply. Will try this if something like this accures after today's setup.

Armitage89, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

NTFS Access rules

1. NTFS Access rules - Similar Threads - NTFS Access rules

2. The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.: What does, "The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. " mean?The HDD seems OK.Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.3803] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\david>chkdsk D: The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. Volume label...
  3. The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.: What does, "The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. " mean?The HDD seems OK.Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.3803] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\david>chkdsk D: The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. Volume label...
  4. The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Script to add a rule for Routing and Remote Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Script to add a rule for Routing and Remote Access: From Firewall I want to add a rule - Routing and Remote Access. This rule can be added manually, but I want to add it from the command prompt. I am using Windows 10 Pro 20H2. To add manualy, open Control Panel -> Windows Defender Firewall -> Advanced Settings -> -> Inbound...
  6. NTFS Access Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NTFS Access Problems: Good Evening Microsoft Community, I have a very bad problem with a or better two windows installations and it's NTFS permissions.. First I am gonna provide you with all the info and problems I face: The story: My dad's pc was very slow on windows 7 on an HDD and so I...
  7. Configuring Conditional Access Rules for spoprod-a.akamaihd.net

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Configuring Conditional Access Rules for spoprod-a.akamaihd.net: We are trying to configure conditional access rules for http://spoprod-a.akamaihd.net so that our end point users can access Sharepoint and OneDrive services on our network. We need the following details for http://spoprod-a.akamaihd.net.... IP Range We understand that the...
  8. NTFS vs NTFS 3.1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NTFS vs NTFS 3.1: Out of curiosity only: what is the difference between just 'NTFS' and 'NTFS 3.1' Maybe there is none, I don't know. A system tool reports a drive with NTFS and another drive with NTFS 3.1 BTW - Windows Diskmgmt show NTFS only All drives are working fine. thanks. 135003
  9. Ntfs - usb flash disk - not accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ntfs - usb flash disk - not accessible: I have ntfs usb flashdisk fresly formated and when i try to acess it say K:\ is not accessible access denied I have admin account and permissions for full control and still doesn't let me it, what the heck ? 132208
  10. Question Regrading NTFS Last Access

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Question Regrading NTFS Last Access: Hello There Whats the purpose of this particular NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate, is it better for SSDS to set this setting? still sorta new to SSD Drives, so my previous clean installs didn't run this command, should I on this newest clean install? 109217