Windows 10: ntfs file system error

Discus and support ntfs file system error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; can anyone tell me how to get past ntfs file system error page as ive watched all the vids on youtube and nothing works just keeps going onto automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by taggs1888, Jul 14, 2018.

1. taggs1888 Win User

ntfs file system error

can anyone tell me how to get past ntfs file system error page as ive watched all the vids on youtube and nothing works just keeps going onto automatic repair continuosly, wish i had never upgraded to windows 10 all ive had is prolems so i hope microsoft realise what they have done to peoples computers

:)

taggs1888, Jul 14, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Blue screen error while turning on the computer, FAT and NTFS file system errors

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your response.

Cause

One possible cause of this bug check is disk corruption. Corruption in the NTFS file system or bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk can induce this error. Corrupted hard drive (SATA/IDE) drivers can also adversely affect the system's ability to read and
    write to disk, thus causing the error.

As you are unable to log into desktop. I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a
    Startup Repair on the device. Startup repair will not affect data saved in your computer. Once you are able to log into the computer you can back up the data to an external hard drive. This is an alternate way to boot the device
    and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.
    Do let us know if you need further assistance and able to resolve Bluescreen error. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Gogeko Win User
    Error "The type of the file system is NTFS"

I am having this problem as well with My Passport external HD. I have followed the instructions Harkanwar provided but I received the notice that "The type of the file system is NTFS" and the chkdsk does not progress even into stage 1.

Any other suggestions?

***Post split from the original thread by the moderator and moved to the appropriate forum category.***

Gogeko, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Rockelis Win User

ntfs file system error

NTFS FILE SYSTEM AND FAT FILE SYSTEM STOP CODES!

Hi - I was having issues with my laptop stopping mid use with an error of 'memory management' particularly when I was using Word. Now, when I go to start it up it comes up with a blue screen and stopcode of NTFS FILE SYSTEM and says it needs to restart
    - everytime it restarts it alternates between NTFS FILE SYSTEM and FAT FILE SYSTEM stop codes and just restarts but wont do anything else!!! Can anyone help please?? Thanks ;(

Rockelis, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

ntfs file system error

1. ntfs file system error - Similar Threads - ntfs file system

2. NTFS FILE SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NTFS FILE SYSTEM: Hey, I'm facing an error while starting my PC, ill explain in details. My Bluetooth driver wasn't working so i turned off and on my pc for a few times and after that, I'm facing blue screen everytime i try to turn on my PC, it turns on, window logo for a few seconds then blue...
  3. NTFS FILE SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NTFS FILE SYSTEM: Hey, I'm facing an error while starting my PC, ill explain in details. My Bluetooth driver wasn't working so i turned off and on my pc for a few times and after that, I'm facing blue screen everytime i try to turn on my PC, it turns on, window logo for a few seconds then blue...
  4. NTFS FILE SYSTEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. NTFS File System

NTFS File System: I had a virtual machine running on a customer's computer, and I needed to reinstall it. I removed the drive from the computer so I could copy a new VHD from my laptop to the drive. IIt kept telling me that the recycle bin on the drive was corrupt and would not let me copy...
  6. NTFS File System Stopcode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NTFS File System Stopcode: Hello, I know that this topic has been discussed in several threads in this community but in my case it wasn't the solution. In best way someone has already a link to the solution and will guide me. Description of my issue: Hardware of my device is fully OK. My OS...
  7. BSOD "NTFS File System Error" (and others)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD "NTFS File System Error" (and others): My PC can no longer boot, giving me the BSOD "NTFS File System Error". I've seen some talk about a new update causing this error and chkdsk is used with an SSD (which is what happened this morning) however I have been having other issues over the last few weeks, so I am not...
  8. NTFS FILE SYSTEM error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NTFS FILE SYSTEM error on Windows 10: Sorry for my bad english, im french aha Hello, so i was restoring my pc like i do once a year. but for some unknown reasons, when it was restoring it said something like "C: *number*/number*; *number*% done; blablabla" unfortunately i can't find a picture to show you guys...
  9. stop code error NTFS file system

stop code error NTFS file system: Hello I apologise if I do not use the correct terminology, I am not very IT literate. I have a 3 year old HP Pavillion 15 that stopped opening windows. I get a blue screen that says to quote NTFS FILE SYSTEM STOP CODE. Then a HP screen says it is trying to fix the problem...
  10. NTFS file system error while booting

NTFS file system error while booting: Hi, I've been having issues with an NTFS file system error for the past day or so. The error has occurred continuously during the start-up. Automatic repair is unable to repair the pc. Resetting the PC just takes me back to the Troubleshoot menu with no apparent changes....