Windows 10: NTFS LOCK OF DRIVE.

Discus and support NTFS LOCK OF DRIVE. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All of a sudden I have deleted the administrators access and now I have locked the drive and now I don't have access to the files and now they show me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dhruv Nakrani, Aug 10, 2018.

1. NTFS LOCK OF DRIVE.

All of a sudden I have deleted the administrators access and now I have locked the drive and now I don't have access to the files and now they show me NTFS under the drive. There are some documents I need to recover the file. Please help me out.

All the helps rendered will be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Dhruv Nakrani, Aug 10, 2018
  2. little cat, Aug 10, 2018
  3. tf2029 Win User
    How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Thanks for your reply. Apparently the convert drive to NTFS doesn't work when the drive is RAW. After following your instructions in step 2 I get message "convert is not available for RAW drives.

Any suggestions?

tf2029, Aug 10, 2018
  4. FX-GMC Win User

NTFS LOCK OF DRIVE.

Move Win7 64 image from a partition NTFS to a new drive

EDIT: After reading your first post again, is there any reason that you would now need GPT? Are you just trying to move the windows install to a new disk or is there a new motherboard involved?

If you are already booting to an NTFS partition, then it makes me wonder if after copying to the new drive, the partition isn't getting marked as Active.

Following the same steps I posted above for startup repair, you can get to a command prompt and use diskpart to see if this is the case.

Code: In the command prompt: diskpart list disk select disk 0 (disk number may be different if you have other disks connected.) list partition select partition 0 (partition number number may vary, but you want to see the boot partition which is the same as your windows partition according to the screenshot on the OP) detail partition (This should have Active: Yes or No. If it says no, since we have the partition selected, you can just use the following command in diskpart) active[/quote]

FX-GMC, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

NTFS LOCK OF DRIVE.

1. NTFS LOCK OF DRIVE. - Similar Threads - NTFS LOCK DRIVE

2. NTFS Drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NTFS Drives?: I did all the windows updates all at once and now when I try to access my drives it says NTFS? When I try to open the drives file names are not showing up either any quick fix to this? I can’t access the recovery options as well the buttons are not working there...
  3. NTFS Drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NTFS Drives?: I did all the windows updates all at once and now when I try to access my drives it says NTFS? When I try to open the drives file names are not showing up either any quick fix to this? I can’t access the recovery options as well the buttons are not working there...
  4. NTFS Drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. NTFS Drives?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Bitlocker requres NTFS but my drive is already NTFS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker requres NTFS but my drive is already NTFS: I am trying to turn on bitlocker for my main (C:) drive which us NTFS system. My second drive on which I have linux installed isn't obviously. Bitlocker says that I need to convert my filesystem to NTFS and try again. What is happening? submitted by /u/jeezuschristie...
  7. Converting FAT32 drive to NTFS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting FAT32 drive to NTFS: It says that my drive already an NTFS when I go to my advanced startup cmd. But when I go look at in properties it still shows that it's a FAT32 drive. [IMG][ATTACH]...
  8. Unmounting NTFS drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unmounting NTFS drives: Hello folks So I basically need a way to automatically unmount NTFS drives in Win10 when I do a reboot. Right now the goto is CMD->shutdown /s. But that is annoying as shit as I have to crawl on the floor to reach the power button. If there is a way, please share....
  9. The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive.: My win 10 has updated yesterday, and after that I got blue screen with error NTFS.SYS when I run chkdsk C: /f /r /x I got the following: The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. What I should do?...
  10. The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive.: My win 10 has updated yesterday, and after that I got blue screen with error NTFS.SYS when I run chkdsk C: /f /r /x I got the following: The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. What I should do?...