Windows 10: NTFS Rights corrupted after chkdsk some Progs run only admin

Discus and support NTFS Rights corrupted after chkdsk some Progs run only admin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, after an chkdsk runned from a cloned backup install some ntfs rights got corrupted and now some progs run only as admin (ITunes, Android... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by iwl, Jun 29, 2017.

1. IWL
    iwl Win User

NTFS Rights corrupted after chkdsk some Progs run only admin

Hi,

after an chkdsk runned from a cloned backup install some ntfs rights got corrupted and now some progs run only as admin (ITunes, Android Studio). Reinstallation of the Progs does not help.

Any Idea what to do?

Can I prompt ntfsrights somehow in detail, by script trough directory tree compare to my other computer working fine - was no such chkdsk run.

:)

2. Windows 10 - You Don't have permission save to this location

Macs can have their problems too.

Try some repairs.

Right click on Start and choose Command Prompt (Admin).

Enter "sfc /scannow" to replace any corrupt system files. It is common for there to be one or two that cannot be fixed (because Windows is running).

Command prompt again, "chkdsk c: /r" (assuming c: is your system drive), This command cannot execute when Windows is running so you will see a question asking if you want chkdsk to execute the command on the next restart. Type "Y" and press Enter. Restart.
    You will see chkdsk going through the whole file system and fixing things as needed.

Security features are baked into the NTFS file system, so a problem there could be the culprit. This one may take an hour to run.

Cbarnhorst, Jun 29, 2017
  3. Torruto Win User
    SSD partition gone after 1511 upgrade

The files are not visible using the command prompt. The error message that appears is "The volume does not contain a recognised file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted."

I've also noticed that when Windows is starting it says "Scanning and repairing drive D: 100% complete" at the bottom of the screen.

Some more information: If I run a CHKDSK on D I get the following:

C:\>chkdsk d:

The type of the file system is NTFS.

The first NTFS boot sector is unreadable or corrupt.

Reading second NTFS boot sector instead.

The first NTFS boot sector is unreadable or corrupt.

Reading second NTFS boot sector instead.

Volume label is Files.

WARNING! /F parameter not specified.

Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

Read-only chkdsk found bad on-disk uppercase table - using system table.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...

50432 file records processed.

File verification completed.

35 large file records processed.

0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...

Error detected in index $SDH for file 9.

Error detected in index $SDH for file 9.

Error detected in index $SII for file 9.

Error detected in index $SII for file 9.

Error detected in index $I30 for file 29.

Error detected in index $I30 for file 29.

Error detected in index $I30 for file 40.

Error detected in index $I30 for file 40.

...there are then around 100 more entries like this...

Error detected in index $I30 for file 39622.

Error detected in index $I30 for file 39622.

52794 index entries processed.

Index verification completed.

Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode.

Torruto, Jun 29, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Jun 29, 2017
  5. IWL
    iwl Win User
    I have done the inplace upgrade 2 times now and still the same.
    With the admin account both work - quite logical having admin rights all time with.

6. IWL
    iwl Win User
    I found that some folders in Windows Dir are not readable for users while all are on my other Win10 Computer,
    even Windows\Temp is not readable for User and should be writeable.
    So the InPlace Update seems not to fix any NTFS-Rights, may be to be reported to MS.

Thema:

1. NTFS Rights corrupted after chkdsk some Progs run only admin - Similar Threads - NTFS Rights corrupted

2. chkdsk corrupted an NTFS partition and can't seem to repair it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk corrupted an NTFS partition and can't seem to repair it: Hi, about two days ago I used a system drive from one PC on another PC to store some important data on one of its partitions. This drive was then chkdsk'd by the Windows install on it when I plugged it back into the original PC, which then somehow corrupted the NTFS partition...
  3. chkdsk corrupted an NTFS partition and can't seem to repair it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk corrupted an NTFS partition and can't seem to repair it: Hi, about two days ago I used a system drive from one PC on another PC to store some important data on one of its partitions. This drive was then chkdsk'd by the Windows install on it when I plugged it back into the original PC, which then somehow corrupted the NTFS partition...
  4. How to run CHKDSK on a flash drive formatted to NTFS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run CHKDSK on a flash drive formatted to NTFS?: Hi, I formatted 2 flash drives to NTFS file system using windows explorer , then i tried to run CHKDSK for each one of them,with the command CHKDSK e: /FI got this message:Le type du système de fichiers est NTFS.An unspecified error occurred 766f6c756d652e63 3f1.The strange...
  5. How to run CHKDSK on a flash drive formatted to NTFS?

How to run CHKDSK on a flash drive formatted to NTFS?: Hi, I formatted 2 flash drives to NTFS file system using windows explorer , then i tried to run CHKDSK for each one of them,with the command CHKDSK e: /FI got this message:Le type du système de fichiers est NTFS.An unspecified error occurred 766f6c756d652e63 3f1.The strange...
  6. How to run CHKDSK on a flash drive formatted to NTFS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run CHKDSK on a flash drive formatted to NTFS?: Hi, I formatted 2 flash drives to NTFS file system using windows explorer, then I tried to run CHKDSK for each one of them,with the command CHKDSK e: /FI got this message:Le type du système de fichiers est NTFS.An unspecified error occurred 766f6c756d652e63 3f1.The strange...
  7. How to run CHKDSK on a flash drive formatted to NTFS?

How to run CHKDSK on a flash drive formatted to NTFS?: Hi, I formatted 2 flash drives to NTFS file system using windows explorer, then I tried to run CHKDSK for each one of them,with the command CHKDSK e: /FI got this message:Le type du système de fichiers est NTFS.An unspecified error occurred 766f6c756d652e63 3f1.The strange...
  8. How to run CHKDSK on a flash drive formatted to NTFS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run CHKDSK on a flash drive formatted to NTFS?: Hi, I formatted 2 flash drives to NTFS file system using windows explorer, then i tried to run CHKDSK for each one of them, with the command CHKDSK e: /FI got this message:Le type du système de fichiers est NTFS.An unspecified error occurred 766f6c756d652e63 3f1.The strange...
  9. How to run CHKDSK on a flash drive formatted to NTFS?

How to run CHKDSK on a flash drive formatted to NTFS?: Hi, I formatted 2 flash drives to NTFS file system using windows explorer, then i tried to run CHKDSK for each one of them, with the command CHKDSK e: /FI got this message:Le type du système de fichiers est NTFS.An unspecified error occurred 766f6c756d652e63 3f1.The strange...
  10. NTFS Corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NTFS Corruption: I rebuilt my system in December. Only components I kept from my old build were PSU, case and HDDs. On December 30 I noticed chkdsk running on boot into Windows 10. Event Viewer since then has had numerous Ntfs (Ntfs) Errors and Warnings. Event IDs 55, 130, 131. 55 - A...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. read-only chkdsk found bad on-disk uppercase table - using system table.