Windows 10: ntoskrln.exe BSoD and few else.

Discus and support ntoskrln.exe BSoD and few else. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, So I've been getting random bsods since upgrading to Win 10. It's totally random, sometimes everything works perfectly for 2 weeks and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mikeyy2712, Mar 9, 2016.

1. ntoskrln.exe BSoD and few else.

Hi there,

So I've been getting random bsods since upgrading to Win 10. It's totally random, sometimes everything works perfectly for 2 weeks and then I'm getting few BSoDs within few days, sometimes I got them while playing games and sometimes I was afk (without anything running) and when I came back everything was frozen. I tried nearly everything I knew myself, upgrading all drivers including chipset etc, clean installing win 10 again after purchasing SSD and removing the OC on CPU.
    I ran driver verifier but it kept triggering bsod on nearly each app I checked (avast which I removed in safemode, speedfan, MSI afterburner etc).

Usually I don't even get a bsod, it's just a massive freeze till I restart PC manually. When I finally got a bsod few of them showed the WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error though everytime that happened bsod was stuck on 100% and never created a dumpfile. All I've got are the 3 dumps attached in zip and bsodviewer showed ntoskrln.exe as one of the bugcheck causes.

I'll run memtest tonight just in case. Hope somebody will have an idea about what's going on.

Specs:

Intel Core i5 2500K
    Grainward Nvidia GTX560ti
    2x4GB Kingston 1600Mhz
    Asrock P67 Pro3
    Samsung SSD 850EVO 250GB

Everything running on stock frequency with max ~70C temps on 100% load.

:)

mikeyy2712, Mar 9, 2016

2. DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL windows 10

Hello!

After getting creators update for my Windows 10 I started getting this kind of BSOD for a regular basis. I've tried to analyze memory dump using bluescreenview but it doesn't show me any suspicious driver except that an issue happens in ntoskrln.exe.

I reinstalled windows into clean partition and after 2 days of using it I started to get the same BSOD.

Could you please take a look what's going on? You can see minidump by this
    link

Regards, Vitali

Vitali Yazvinski, Mar 9, 2016
  3. Pttri Win User
    BSOD troubleshooting

Hi,

I have been recently getting BSOD, usually when I start the Computer. There is always stated these nwifi.sys a driver_irql_not_less_or_equal during the BSOD. I tried to follow the instructions given and uploaded a few files in this folder:

dmp

Could you check if you can find the cause for BSOD? If you need something else please let me know

Kind regards,

Petteri

Pttri, Mar 9, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

ntoskrln.exe BSoD and few else.

Most recent dump shows:

MODULE_NAME: nmgms
    IMAGE_NAME: nmgms.sys

Code: Module Name Display Name Description Driver Type Start Mode State Status Accept Stop Accept Pause Paged Pool(bytes) Code(bytes) BSS(bytes) Link Date Path Init(bytes) ============ ====================== ====================== ============= ========== ========== ========== =========== ============ ================= =========== ========== ====================== ================================================ =========== nmgmsFltr USB Gaming Mouse USB Gaming Mouse Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 2,048 7,296 0 11/13/2009 6:57:34 AM C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nmgms.sys 1,280[/quote] 2nd and 3rd oldest show:

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module
    IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

which is no help at all.

The mouse driver is old, 2009. Look for an updated driver or replace the mouse and see if that resolves the problem.

Ztruker, Mar 10, 2016
  5. Problem was there before I installed the mouse driver (like ~2 weeks ago) so it can't be the mouse.

mikeyy2712, Mar 10, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    The mouse driver is from 2009, it is suggested that you update it. FYI, it is the cause of the last crash present in the zip.

The other crashes are 0x101, these crashes are mostly caused by BIOS problems, drivers (drivers is generic as a cause) or hardware failure.
    I suggest that you update the BIOS to version 3.30
    ASRock > P67 Pro3

7. I installed mouse drivers just to see if that's gonna fix the problem. Mouse worked normally with microsoft driver (all the settings I needed were saved on mouse back from win 7 days). Also there are no newer drivers (they didn't release anything with more than win 7 compatibility). I'll try replacing the mouse and see if that resolves the problem.

From what I know 3.xx versions are only compatible with Ivy Bridge. Friend with same motherboard and cpu updated his BIOS to newest verison, after contacting Asrocks support he ended up buying a bios chip with older version cause downgrading wasn't possible.

EDIT:

Just went through whole UEFI and found out that my RAM wasn't on XMP profile. No idea if that could be the cause, it was just running slower, but I just changed it back.

mikeyy2712, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ntoskrln.exe BSoD and few else.

1. ntoskrln.exe BSoD and few else. - Similar Threads - ntoskrln exe BSoD

2. Anyone else not able to shutdown the last few days?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else not able to shutdown the last few days?: For some reason I can not shutdown my PC except for hard shutdowns the last few days. Neither the GUI, nor cmd let‘s me shutdown. While cmd does actually try to shutdown, it is usually stuck at the shutdown screen. submitted by /u/Manski_ [link] [comments]...
  3. Random BSODs - what else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs - what else?: Been struggling with this one for a couple of months now.Ran Memcheck - no problems.Updated to latest Intel drivers - same problem.Downgraded to ASUS-recommended drivers from here; ROG STRIX B250F GAMING ROG STRIX B250F GAMING Gaming MotherboardsROG - Republic of GamersROG...
  4. Random BSODs - what else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs - what else?: Been struggling with this one for a couple of months now.Ran Memcheck - no problems.Updated to latest Intel drivers - same problem.Downgraded to ASUS-recommended drivers from here; ROG STRIX B250F GAMING ROG STRIX B250F GAMING Gaming MotherboardsROG - Republic of GamersROG...
  5. Random BSODs - what else?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Getting a few BSODs lately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a few BSODs lately: I've gotten 3 BSODs in a couple of weeks, after I started doing some long rendering with Sony Vegas, two of them happened very shortly after finishing 10-ish hour renders, one just happened randomly just now, not sure if I've pushed some of my older computer components to the...
  7. .exe viewer only opens for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe viewer only opens for a few seconds: Hi I am trying to open a .exe viewer but when I open it it closes after a few seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-viewer-only-opens-for-a-few-seconds/406b375e-a6f8-49f8-ad32-bcff1b8ed337
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  10. Random BSODs - can be a few per day, or a few days between BSODs

Random BSODs - can be a few per day, or a few days between BSODs: Hi, I would really appreciate it if anyone could shed any light on this. The PC was originally Windows 7 and I upgraded to Windows 10 last year. The crashes seem to be random, sometimes when it's sitting idle, sometimes whilst I'm working. I have run METEST86+ for 11...