Windows 10: ntoskrnl.exe BSOD help

Discus and support ntoskrnl.exe BSOD help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have been getting bsods ever since I built my desktop and it has been annoying me a lot. I even reinstalled windows but it is still happening. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by akashme2palli, Oct 9, 2016.

1. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD help

Hi, I have been getting bsods ever since I built my desktop and it has been annoying me a lot. I even reinstalled windows but it is still happening. I attached the mini dump zips below. Please have a look at it and tell me the problem, it will help me loads *Biggrin

:)

akashme2palli, Oct 9, 2016
  2. EThe coli Win User

BSOD errors without an identifiable cause

Okay I may or may not be onto something now. Since, from what I've read, it seems that most ntoskrnl.exe BSODs are not actually caused by ntoskrnl, but by another driver that takes up the krnl's space. When ntoskrnl.exe finds it, it throws the system into
    a BSOD to prevent damage. Looking the the dump files, I found that there was a driver called hal.dll, but the crash address was different from the driver address. The crash address was ntoskrnl.exe+14ec00, the same as my above post. There is also another driver
    called dxgmms2.sys who's crash address was ntoskrnl.exe+14ec00. I'm not sure if this will help or if it means anything but I'm looking for anything at this point.

EThe coli, Oct 9, 2016
  3. Mića Win User
    BSOD (Blue screen error) on Windows 10 PC.

Original Title: BSOD

010216-10078-01.dmp

2.1.2016. 14:35:34

0x00000139

00000000`00000021

ffffd000`209ea5d0

ffffd000`209ea528

00000000`00000000

ntoskrnl.exe

ntoskrnl.exe+142760

NT Kernel & System

Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

Microsoft Corporation

10.0.10586.17 (th2_release.151121-2308)

x64

ntoskrnl.exe+142760

C:\Windows\Minidump\010216-10078-01.dmp

2.1.2016. 14:36:01

I need help with bsod
    i repeatedly get this error

Mića, Oct 9, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

ntoskrnl.exe BSOD help

You have some old drivers which surprise me. When did you build this system?

Code: 2010/10/05 07:30:57 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ElcMouLFlt.sys 2010/11/30 13:42:46 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ElcMouUFlt.sys 2011/04/12 02:48:16 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\iaStorV.sys 2012/11/27 08:02:51 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\stexstor.sys 2012/12/03 14:19:30 C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\t_mouse.sys 2012/12/12 05:21:44 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\amdsbs.sys[/quote] The two in red belong to an old version of Kaspersky. Not sure what t_mouse.sys belongs to.
    amdsbs.sys belongs to AMD Technology AHCI Compatible Controller Driver for Windows family.

So, if you have any Kaspersky software installed, uninstall it.
    Did you install the AMD Chipset driver for your motherboard? I see one on the web site: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - A88X-GAMER

Attachment 105549

Ztruker, Oct 11, 2016
  5. The two in red belong to an old version of Kaspersky. Not sure what t_mouse.sys belongs to.
    amdsbs.sys belongs to AMD Technology AHCI Compatible Controller Driver for Windows family.

So, if you have any Kaspersky software installed, uninstall it.
    Did you install the AMD Chipset driver for your motherboard? I see one on the web site: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - A88X-GAMER

Attachment 105549[/quote] Hey,
    Thanks for replying! I have not heard of Kaspersky and I dont have any programs of it on my desktop. I built this about 6 months ago. What can those red drivers mean? I will download the chipset drivers.

Cheers

akashme2palli, Oct 11, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I found a different owner for those files:
    Code: Product: ELECOM USB Mouse Driver Company:ELECOM Description: ELECOM Driver for the Mouse Device[/quote] Does that mean anything to you

Ztruker, Oct 12, 2016
  7. I do have those drivers but I do not have any elecom programs on my desktop so do I just delete them?

akashme2palli, Oct 13, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

ntoskrnl.exe BSOD help

What kind of mouse do you have?

Ztruker, Oct 16, 2016
  9. It is a usb Redragon mouse

akashme2palli, Oct 16, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    That driver is loaded:
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm ElcMouLFlt Browse full module list start end module name fffff806`0b260000 fffff806`0b26b000 ElcMouLFlt (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ElcMouLFlt.sys Image name: ElcMouLFlt.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Mon Oct 04 19:30:57 2010 (4CAA63B1) CheckSum: 0000CB32 ImageSize: 0000B000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Did you install anything to support that mouse? Do you have another you can use, a generic USB mouse perhaps. If yes, try uninstalling it from Device Driver, plug in the other mouse then if necessary reboot.

If that doesn't help, give Driver Verifier a try, see if it shows us anything:

===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

ntoskrnl.exe BSOD help [​IMG]
    PART TWO
    ntoskrnl.exe BSOD help [​IMG]

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Oct 16, 2016
  11. Hi,

Sorry but just checked device manager under mice and it says 'ELECOM USB Mouse'. I do not have any other usb mouse, all i have is an apple magic mouse and some other wireless mice. What I am trying to do is going to the redragon website and downloading the drivers from there and seeing if it works.

akashme2palli, Oct 19, 2016
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Can you borrow a USB mouse from a friend or relative just to test with?

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ntoskrnl.exe BSOD help

1. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD help - Similar Threads - ntoskrnl exe BSOD

2. ntoskrnl bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl bsod: My pc has been bsod-ing for 2-3 years now and i recently decided to try and fix it. I use bluescreen view and always see that the bsods are always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. heres all of the stuff ive to try and fix it.Used 1 8gb ram stick at a timeused different ram slotsused...
  3. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  4. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  6. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. Getting BSOD with ntoskrnl, need help.

Getting BSOD with ntoskrnl, need help.: *edit: updated BIOS to new version 1.3. Just came up on MSI website.* *edit: system information attached* I think this is the dumpfile on onedrive. This is from the latest 3. WhoCrashed analysis and link to minidump. April 14. This was probably caused by the...
  10. Bsod ntoskrnl

Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...
Tags: