Windows 10: ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD at random times , error 0x0000003b

Discus and support ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD at random times , error 0x0000003b in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello My computer BSOD about 9-10 times a day and it's quite annoying. Here is what I tried: 1. Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 2. Ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SmithyBoy, Dec 25, 2015.

1. SmithyBoy Win User

ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD at random times , error 0x0000003b

Hello

My computer BSOD about 9-10 times a day and it's quite annoying.
    Here is what I tried:
    1. Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10
    2. Ran memtest - RAM had about 30 problems but then I put the ram in another computer and ran the test there-> 0 errors
    3. Updated GPU drivers
    4. Ran scannow from command prompt ->no problems

I attached the minidump of one of the most common type of BSOD(by ntoskrnl.exe)

Can someone please identify the problem? Im clueless about BSOD. Thank you

:)

SmithyBoy, Dec 25, 2015

2. Windows 10 64-bit Blue Screen of Death

Hi,

several BSOD happens when wake up the PC in a sleep mode, it does not happen everyday, bug check string, code and caused by driver as follows:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, 0x0000003b, ntoskrnl.exe.

PM KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e ndis.sys.

AM IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a ntoskrnl.exe.

PM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 FLTMGR.SYS.

PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b atikmdag.sys.

Here is the link for DMP and MSinfo

My PC dmp and info.zip

Computer specification:

CPU: intel core i7-4770 3.40GHz

Ram: 16 GB

Video card: AMD ATI Radeon R9 390x

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-HD3

Black Cover, Dec 25, 2015
  3. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 00000000`c0000005

Just got the BSOD. I really don't know how to read the minidump files. I am reading it on bluescreenview. It says the ntoskrnl.exe was the cause.

032218-14734-01.dmp 3/22/2018 3:46:08 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff801`a784b00e ffff8885`ecbb0e30 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+175510 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+175510 E:\tools\032218-14734-01.dmp 4 15 16299 1,125,444 3/22/2018
    3:55:42 PM

I have updated the BIOS on it to the newest one.

This is a Lenovo laptop.

Windows 10 Pro x64 bit

Robert Lee1, Dec 25, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi SmithyBoy,

I'll go deeper on the memtest part.
    Did you run memtest on each stick in each used slot separated from the other sticks?

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD at random times , error 0x0000003b [​IMG]

5. SmithyBoy Win User
    No I didnt run it on different sticks.
    I have something called Dual channel and I have 4 RAM slots 2 are blue 2 are white and I have 2 4gb sticks in the white slots.

If I replace the 2 4gb sticks with 4 2gb sticks and use dual channel will it help?

Also I have to mention : I looked up my RAM sticks and set the timings and voltage in BIOS but Windows didnt boot afterwards so I reverted them. Any idea what does this mean? I used the timings and voltages provided by the manufacturer

SmithyBoy, Dec 25, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    It'll only help if the sticks are faulty, which is why I asked if you tested your sticks separated, to find out if it is truly the sticks that are faulty.

The manufacturer from the sticks or the motherboard?

7. SmithyBoy Win User
    From the sticks

SmithyBoy, Dec 25, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

What sticks do you have?

9. SmithyBoy Win User
    2 Patriot Signature Line 4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL11 Single Rank 1.5v

SmithyBoy, Dec 25, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    I'm having a little trouble finding the specs of your memory.
    The memory specs of your motherboard
    Attachment 55415
    A question would be from my side if it is possible to run the memory on lower frequency then 1600.

11. SmithyBoy Win User
    Ok I will try to run it with a lower frequency I hope it help.

Also I ran a Memtest for the 2 sticks and apparently it found no errors after 8 passes.

SmithyBoy, Dec 25, 2015
  12. SmithyBoy Win User
    Hey I ran memtest and found again no problems so the sticks are ok but still the BSOD occurs even with a low frequency.
    Does this mean I have to get a new HDD? The one I'm using now has about 7000 hours of lifetime

SmithyBoy, Dec 26, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

No, it doesn't mean you have to get a new hard drive.
    Run driver verifier to see if any drivers are causing trouble.
    I can't analyse anything until the 29th, that is the day I come home, but I don't know when I am home so you may expect an analyse the 30th.

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Thema:

1. ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD at random times , error 0x0000003b - Similar Threads - ntoskrnl exe causing

2. BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe at random times: Hi, for the past couple of weeks I've been having random BSODs. Already tried sfc scannow and chdsk f with no errors. I ran memtest aswell a few weeks ago but even after multiple hours of testing it gave me no errors. I've also tried to analize dump files with bsodviewer,...
  3. BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe at random times: Hi, for the past couple of weeks I've been having random BSODs. Already tried sfc scannow and chdsk f with no errors. I ran memtest aswell a few weeks ago but even after multiple hours of testing it gave me no errors. I've also tried to analize dump files with bsodviewer,...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  8. BSOD playing CSGO, error 0x0000003b

BSOD playing CSGO, error 0x0000003b: Hi im new here . Problem is every now and then i got BSOD 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8023c43ab64, 0xfffffd896f1cad90, 0x0000000000000000) Usually happens when playing CSGO ( only game i play now and then ) Thank you in advance....
  9. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions: Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people...
  10. Random BSODs "System Service Exception" (0x0000003b)

Random BSODs "System Service Exception" (0x0000003b): So over the past few days, one of my PCs have been getting random BSODs (system service exceptions), and I haven't been able to figure out what the cause is. I haven't installed or modified any software of hardware; it's just randomly started blue screening. It also occurs...