Windows 10: ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD - faulty CPU? WPT not installing

Discus and support ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD - faulty CPU? WPT not installing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi folks, Summary: Clean install of Windows 10 Pro BSOD' after 20 seconds Relaunched to desktop - few minutes then laggy/jolty mouse & high CPU &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Juku, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Juku Win User

ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD - faulty CPU? WPT not installing

Hi folks,

Summary:

• Clean install of Windows 10 Pro
    • BSOD' after 20 seconds
    • Relaunched to desktop - few minutes then laggy/jolty mouse & high CPU & RAM usage (same for Chrome, Drive, Amazon) then another BSOD
    • After using BlueScreenView it turned out to be 'ntoskrnl.exe' on High CPU usage?
    Attachment 121899

Also, Windows Performance Toolkit failed to install for unknown reason.
    Attachment 121888Attachment 121889

I've attached my files, so some BSOD KNOWLEDGE MASTER out there please check through my docs and see if you can find anything.

Best,

DOCS / ATTACHEMENTS:
    Attachment 121879

And another BSOD *Huh
    Attachment 121905

:)

2. wadeb Win User

Windows 10 Blue Screening on me. DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

Caused by Driver: ntoskrnl.exe

Caused by Address: ntoskrnl.exe+146440

Above is from my dump file using BlueScreenView. Not sure what driver is causing the BSOD, how can I determine the driver?

wadeb, Feb 18, 2017
  3. BSOD APC_INDEX_MISMATCH ntoskrnl.exe+142940

I had a BSOD. Bug Check String APC_INDEX_MISMATCH , cause by driver ntoskrnl.exe caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+142940. Adive on the fix for this. XPS 15 9950 RUNNING Windows 10 Pro.

SanilPrakashan, Feb 18, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

The first thing I noticed it your Windows 10 install is very back level.

Code: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS Version: 10.0.10240 N/A Build 10240[/quote] Please apply all updates to bring your system up to the current version which is 14393.693. If you have problems updating, see here:

How to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

If you still have a rpoblem (another BSOD), rerun dm_log_collector and post the new zip file.

Ztruker, Feb 18, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Your BIOS is pretty old too:

Code: BIOS Starting Address Segment f000 BIOS Release Date 11/15/2012[/quote] There is a F20 3.65 MB 2014/03/20 BIOS update available on the Gigabyte Web site for the GA-X79-UD3 board. I suggest updating the BIOS and see if that improves stability any.

Ztruker, Feb 18, 2017
  6. Juku Win User
    Thanks a bunch, Ztruker. No BSOD's as of yet since Win10 update, but will flash the BIOS shortly as well - and let you know if anything goes wrong.

7. Spectrum Win User
    The minidump you posted is suggesting that a faulty usb port or usb device is causing a large amount of interrupts and deferred procedure calls. This would explain the high cpu usage and also the system instability.

As Ztruker suggested, update to the latest version of Windows 10 (winver will show it as OS Build 14393.693) and the latest firmware. Furthermore, please unplug all non-essential usb devices and peripherals, then see if the problem occurs again.

Regarding the performance toolkit, you will want to make sure you have the release that matches your OS version. Once you are up to 1607 (1493.693) this will be the correct download.

Spectrum, Feb 18, 2017
  8. Juku Win User

@Ztruker @Spectrum
    Thanks for your help so far.
    I've updated to Windows 7 to the latest update but was unable to flash the BIOS via USB, nor CMD file.

I've posted another minidump and really hoping you could take another look at it, possibly help me locate a specific USB drive or any other errors that might be there?

Is it worth simply buying another i7 DDR4 MOBO bundle to see if that'll fix things? I could slot it in with my SSDs, PSU and hi-tower case and hopefully, then it should all be fixed? Last resort though and it's a costly venture.

Thanks folks.

9. Hi,

get the newest bios version from the gigabyte website and flash it with the windows tool from gigabyte:

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList...atbios_x79.exe

When u open the tool u can select the bios update file and flash via windows.

But there is another Problem which I can see in the most recent dump:

Code: 0x00000133: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (22.02.2017 02:47:10) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: mv91xx.sys [7.11.2011] * Marvell MV91xx AHCI/RAID driver * => Support - Marvell hal.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL. NO Driver) PROCESS: Speccy64.exe Usual causes: TO RESOLVE: 1. Check Drivers[/quote]
    Please update this driver to the newest version:
    mv91xx.sys [7.11.2011] * Marvell MV91xx AHCI/RAID driver * => Marvell - Support

BSODHunter, Feb 21, 2017
  10. Juku Win User
    Thank you @BSODHunter @Spectrum @Ztrucker for helping me solve these issues. Finally, I can use Unity again.

Thema:

1. ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD - faulty CPU? WPT not installing - Similar Threads - ntoskrnl exe causing

2. Tracking faulty driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tracking faulty driver causing BSOD: Hello Microsoft Community,I would like to know what is the best way to track faulty driver that's been causing my BSOD since June.I'm currently using WhoCrashed to know about these BSODs it does not reveal which driver/software is faulty.Also to note, I have just restarted my...
  3. Tracking faulty driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tracking faulty driver causing BSOD: Hello Microsoft Community,I would like to know what is the best way to track faulty driver that's been causing my BSOD since June.I'm currently using WhoCrashed to know about these BSODs it does not reveal which driver/software is faulty.Also to note, I have just restarted my...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  8. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions: Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl faulty hardware or?

BSOD ntoskrnl faulty hardware or?: I am really out of ideas with these BSOD's. Seems like the error is always the same. Still It does not happen often but usually it happens on some heavy load. ntoskrnl - FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE I would really appreciate if anyone has some idea which could cause...
  10. ntoskrnl bsods on fresh install

ntoskrnl bsods on fresh install: Hello, I've recently update to x99 platform and I've freshly installed Windows 10 Pro I'm having all sorts of issue with it. I ended up reading all sorts of threads regarding bsods in Windows 10 etc (things that didn't happen on the old x79 platform) Before posting...
Tags: