Windows 10: ntoskrnl High CPU usage

Discus and support ntoskrnl High CPU usage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Guys , im strugling for few days with this and no luck. ntoskrnl is constantly using 1 of cores as shown below. [img] Process name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by niconpl, Apr 27, 2016.

1. niconpl Win User

ntoskrnl High CPU usage

Hello Guys , im strugling for few days with this and no luck.

ntoskrnl is constantly using 1 of cores as shown below.

ntoskrnl High CPU usage [​IMG]

Process name is System and compressed memory, and is pointing to ntoskrnl

ntoskrnl High CPU usage [​IMG]

Im using laptop Samsung np350v5c-s0dpl
    i7 3630qm
    8gm ram
    Intel Hd graphics 4000
    Amd Radeon 7600M
    -----------------------------------

What's more interesting , this started after i swaped my DVD drive with HDD.. when i run only with SSD in mail slot it;s normal.
    Already try clean install but still the same.
    I can share WPT on PM

:)

niconpl, Apr 27, 2016
  2. LeungTeddy, Apr 27, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Apr 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

ntoskrnl High CPU usage

Hi, diagnosing System and Compressed Memory problems can be tricky. Please feel free to search the forum for threads on this: just type System and Compressed Memory in the search box above and you'll get quite a few results.

Here are some I've collated. Please look through these carefully, then post back. Good luck.

dalchina, Apr 27, 2016
  5. niconpl Win User
    Thank you for reply, unfortunetly didnt find any solution that would work in my case.. *Sad its only working when i unplug secondary hard drive that i swapped with dvd drive...

niconpl, Apr 27, 2016
  6. niconpl Win User
    Removing HDD caddy and switching jumper in it resolved this issue.

niconpl, Apr 28, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Thanks.. well done.. another to add to the list.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ntoskrnl High CPU usage

1. ntoskrnl High CPU usage - Similar Threads - ntoskrnl High CPU

2. CPU usage is high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  3. Ntoskrnl using high CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ntoskrnl using high CPU: Im thinking of doing a repair upgrade because of this ntoskrnl issue Should I do this repiar upgrade Will it solve my issue Will it reinstall windows 10 on my pcIt doesn't matter if it deletes my files Can I fix this issue by a repair upgrade...
  4. NTOSKRNL SYSTEM PROCESS HIGH CPU

NTOSKRNL SYSTEM PROCESS HIGH CPU: SOMETIMES WHEN I KEEP MY PC ON AND NOT USING IT THE FANS START TO RAMP UP I NOTICED THAT THE SYSTEM PROCESS IN TASK MANAGER IS HOGGING 30 PERCENT OF MY CPU I DID A SFC SCANNOW IN CMD AND THERE WERE NO INTEGRITY VIOLATIONS THEN I TRIED RESTARTING THE PC THEN IT ALL WENT BACK...
  5. High CPU usage because of system ntoskrnl

High CPU usage because of system ntoskrnl: This is the screenshot of my problem. Even after resetting my windows about 5 time the problem still exist, I have already tried so many solution that now I don't know what to do any more. The CPU usage spikes to 100% many times....
  6. High CPU Usage

High CPU Usage: I just did a factory reset of my windows 10 because of low storage and an issue I have had before and after the reset is high CPU usage. I don't have any external anti virus. And when I get the high usage I just have to open task manager and its fine. its not even when I play...
  7. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: I have constant ongoing high CPU usage . One of the causes is a non Windows app I'm trying to rectify. The other 3 are all Windows based; WMI provider host, Antimalware Service and Services and Controller App....
  8. System ntoskrnl high cpu usage

System ntoskrnl high cpu usage: On startup the ntoskrnl process quickly begins using 30% of my cpu power without any other tasks running this wont go away although performing a restart seems to cure it, whenever I turn the pc on from cold it starts again I have done a fresh install of windows 10, gone...
  9. High cpu usage

High cpu usage: Hi guys, I have a weird problem and I can't fix it. After changing some settings in Comand Promt my computer started behaving weird. My cpu usage is high and very unstable, for no reason. In the task manager there is nothing that should cause high cpu usage, there are no...
  10. Fix ntoskrnl high cpu usage for Windows 10 Pro?

Fix ntoskrnl high cpu usage for Windows 10 Pro?: In mid - late December 2019 I noticed a lag in starting applications after booting or powering up my Windows 10 desktop. Outlook, Word, Excel, and others has a noticeable delay in starting. Once I noticed this behavior I started task manager and noticed a process named...