Windows 10: ntoskrnl memory leak

Discus and support ntoskrnl memory leak in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys. I've recently been noticing a lot of memory being used by my system. Last night I restarted it and turned the monitor off. Cpu usage was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Surgikill, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Surgikill Win User

ntoskrnl memory leak

Hey guys. I've recently been noticing a lot of memory being used by my system. Last night I restarted it and turned the monitor off. Cpu usage was right around 5% and memory was only 2.5 gb out of 8gb. This morning I woke up and cpu usage was at 20% and ram usage at 70%. I had nothing running last night and ntoskrnl was using 25% of my memory. I have run malware scans and they come back clean. All my drivers are up to date. What else could I do to fix this?

:)

Surgikill, Oct 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 NTOSKRNL Memory leak

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Ntoskrnl.exe manages the running of the Cache Manager, the Executive, the Kernel, the Security Reference Monitor, the Memory Manager, and the Scheduler and other system services.

I suggest you to perform a clean boot and check if there are any third party software or program causing the issue.

Perform a clean boot

Go through the article below and follow the procedure.

Click on,
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/929135

Disclaimer: You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally,
    the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behaviour if the problem still exists.

If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps. We strongly recommend that you do not use the System Configuration utility to change the advanced boot options on the computer unless a Microsoft
    support engineer directs you to do this. Doing this may make the computer unusable.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 NTOSKRNL Memory leak

Morning,

I've been noticing that NTOSKRNL is using an inordinately large amount of RAM (1-2gb) whilst I play games (Dayz in particular). I've disabled Windows 10 notifications but still notice the creep. Other guides said to check for new
    Drivers (done and updated) and Windows Updates (Done and Updated).

My question? Is their a proper fix for this issue or something that will force me to go back to Windows 7?

Here is the DXDIAG dump of my system:

Time of this report: 2/13/2016, 07:49:12

Machine name: MYPC-NAME

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.160104-1507)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

system Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: GA-990FXA-UD3

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8174MB RAM

Page File: 5738MB used, 10626MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

stem DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DxDiag Version: 10.00.10240.16384 64bit Unicode

Card name: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (Running two in Crossfire)

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x67B0)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Type: Full Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_67B0&SUBSYS_0B001002&REV_00

Display Memory: 12234 MB

Dedicated Memory: 8147 MB

Shared Memory: 4086 MB

darkreign2409, Oct 17, 2015
  4. taward Win User

ntoskrnl memory leak

I also have this problem. It appears to be widespread but the solutions seem a bit flimsy. I've tried them all and none have worked.

Troubleshooting so far:
    • Turned off Superfetch (and all other bizarre Windows Update things)
    • Turned off "Show me tips about Windows"
    • Disabled Sdo Sensor V2 (I have a Surface Pro 3 and someone somewhere said that this was a problem)
    • Ran three malware scans. None came up with anything major
    • Tripple checked drivers (as much as one can when Microsoft is also the hardware manufacturer)

And still...my RAM is being eaten like groceries.

taward, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

ntoskrnl memory leak

1. ntoskrnl memory leak - Similar Threads - ntoskrnl memory leak

2. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Leak: Hello,I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to fix it.So from the two screenshots I took you can clearly see that my real usage of memory is 4795.2 MB, but the memory...
  3. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Leak: Hello,I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to fix it.So from the two screenshots I took you can clearly see that my real usage of memory is 4795.2 MB, but the memory...
  4. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory Leak: I have noticed that even in an idle state, the task manager reports 80% or more memory usage. I have 16GB of RAM. I cannot find what is causing this memory leak. What can I do to solve this. Please help me....
  5. Memory leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak?: Hello. As the title states, my pc idles at around 2gb (mostly 1,8-1,9gb). Tried resetting, updating windows, drivers , nothing helps. What could be the issue? Edit1: Opening discord adds another 1 GB. Opening league of legends adds 2 GBs. (Game runs on very low capped on 60...
  6. Memory leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak: Since long, i don't know long... i have been having high memory usage on my computer, from version 1909 to 2004. I can't see any process with high usage on Task Manager, so I searched and searched for the solution and tried the basic solution, Disable Superfetch (SysMain),...
  7. Memory Leaks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Leaks: Hi, After contacting the vendor of my software, I was informed that I had a memory leak and that this was the reason why my PC crashes when using the game/software. Can anyone help me on fixing this memory leak? Below are the files retrieved from me to prove there is a...
  8. is this memory leak?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is this memory leak?: [ATTACH] Please see my paged pool and non paged pool. This is the screenshot after I restarted my laptop and directly go to the task manager to see memory. and i found this. Is this possible? And then I download media creation from Microsoft and reinstall the window but...
  9. Memory Leak mystery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory Leak mystery: Hi there. I'm hoping some people can help me with my mom's PC. I'm visiting her this month and she told me her desktop is running extremely slow. She doesn't do much on it except browsing the web and using the odd Microsoft Office program. I went into the task manager and...
  10. ntoskrnl memory leak

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ntoskrnl memory leak: Hey guys. I've recently been noticing a lot of memory being used by my system. Last night I restarted it and turned the monitor off. Cpu usage was right around 5% and memory was only 2.5 gb out of 8gb. This morning I woke up and cpu usage was at 20% and ram usage at 70%. I...