Windows 10: Num Lock

Discus and support Num Lock in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I had Windows 7 installed on this same computer there was a place to set Num Lock to be on when computer boots up. I cannot find the setting for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dakota37, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Dakota37 Win User

Num Lock

When I had Windows 7 installed on this same computer there was a place to set Num Lock to be on when computer boots up. I cannot find the setting for this on Windows 10. Simple problem, hope simple answer. Thanks

:)

Dakota37, Feb 14, 2017

2. 10 keypad not working after upgrade to Win10

If the Num Lock key does not work, boot into the BIOS and enable Num Lock

Andre Da Costa, Feb 14, 2017
  3. keyboard num lock stopped working in Windows 10

Finally found NUM LOCK off & on in Ease of Access. All my computers have been returned to operate the num lock. THANKS for Method 2 which helped me locate the NUM LOCK problem.

LeeWellman, Feb 14, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Num Lock

It's in you BIOS and on your keyboard. For BIOS, you'll need to make the change in there. On your keyboard....it's a key combo...ctrl + num lock key. When engaged a light will be turned on.

Plankton, Feb 14, 2017
  5. All I did on mine was press Number lock on the key pad
    Next time it started up it came on by its self

hTconeM9user, Feb 14, 2017
  6. Dakota37 Win User
    Will this come on by itself. I usually press numlock but it doesn't come on the next time.

Dakota37, Feb 14, 2017
  7. On all my systems it has always done

hTconeM9user, Feb 14, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Num Lock

f14tomcat, Feb 14, 2017
  9. Barman58 Win User
    This is normally set in the Bios not in the OS itself - boot into the bios on start often Del key - look for something like "NumLock at Boot" set to On and save and exit

Barman58, Feb 14, 2017
  10. On every Asus motherboard I have used, the Num. Lock is set in the bios.
    Tapping the Delete key should get you into the bios on a Asus motherboard.

Jack

Layback Bear, Feb 15, 2017
  11. Berton Win User
    Windows 10 does handle the NumLock differently, usually the .reg modification works but it generally only saves the state of the key at shutdown or reboot, what it was should be what will come back. My issue is Win10 disables the light on Notebooks keyboards with the keypad, can't tell what is set until trying it. The number keys along the top of the keyboard aren't affected.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Num Lock

1. Num Lock - Similar Threads - Num Lock

2. Problem in Num Lock in Lenovo IdeaPad 3 17ABA7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in Num Lock in Lenovo IdeaPad 3 17ABA7: I have a IdeaPad 3 17ABA7. Num Lock in On and i cannot type numbers, Arithmetic keyboard does not inout numbers. Coukd you please me help me?Thank yoy in advamce...
  3. Problem in Num Lock in Lenovo IdeaPad 3 17ABA7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem in Num Lock in Lenovo IdeaPad 3 17ABA7: I have a IdeaPad 3 17ABA7. Num Lock in On and i cannot type numbers, Arithmetic keyboard does not inout numbers. Coukd you please me help me?Thank yoy in advamce...
  4. Followup on question, "how do I turn off notification?" Titled, "Stop Num Lock On...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Followup on question, "how do I turn off notification?" Titled, "Stop Num Lock On...: The original description was, "After I reinstalled Windows 11 on my Surface Go3 I3, i get a Num Lock On notification whenever I type using the key pad of my Logitech MX5500. How do I turn off notification?"I tried Logi Options+, which is a nice application, but was unable...
  5. Followup on question, "how do I turn off notification?" Titled, "Stop Num Lock On...

Followup on question, "how do I turn off notification?" Titled, "Stop Num Lock On...: The original description was, "After I reinstalled Windows 11 on my Surface Go3 I3, i get a Num Lock On notification whenever I type using the key pad of my Logitech MX5500. How do I turn off notification?"I tried Logi Options+, which is a nice application, but was unable...
  6. Windows 11. Num Lock turns off when switching users. It is not the BIOS or Hardware....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11. Num Lock turns off when switching users. It is not the BIOS or Hardware....: I've personally placed into production over 20 Dell Windows 11 machines in the past 6 months. Optiplex. XPS. Laptops. All exhibit the same behaviour. When switching users from a standard user to an admin account for installation purposes the NUMLOCK key goes off. It is not...
  7. Windows 11. Num Lock turns off when switching users. It is not the BIOS or Hardware....

Windows 11. Num Lock turns off when switching users. It is not the BIOS or Hardware....: I've personally placed into production over 20 Dell Windows 11 machines in the past 6 months. Optiplex. XPS. Laptops. All exhibit the same behaviour. When switching users from a standard user to an admin account for installation purposes the NUMLOCK key goes off. It is not...
  8. Num lock key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Num lock key not working: Num lock key is not working. How do I turn it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-lock-key-not-working/b1ea4f8f-bd31-45d8-bd13-408f6c6b9945
  9. Num lock key not working

Num lock key not working: Num lock key is not working. How do I turn it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-lock-key-not-working/b1ea4f8f-bd31-45d8-bd13-408f6c6b9945
  10. Num Lock disabled once Windows completes booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Num Lock disabled once Windows completes booting up: Hi,I have enabled num lock in BIOS. During the boot process, I can see the LED indicating num lock is on, until Windows completes booting and present the log on screen. Now the LED is off.Regedit showedHKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\KeyboardInitialKeyboardIndicators =...