Windows 10: Number Lock on new laptop

Discus and support Number Lock on new laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Got a new laptop today and number lock refuses to work. Am I missing something glaringly obvious. I made sure WIndows 10 is fully updated 44136 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scottyboy99, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Number Lock on new laptop

Got a new laptop today and number lock refuses to work. Am I missing something glaringly obvious. I made sure WIndows 10 is fully updated

:)

Scottyboy99, Mar 14, 2016

2. can't login

I don't have a number lock on my laptop.

NajalaButler, Mar 14, 2016
  3. number keys on right of keyboard

my number keys on my acer laptop do not work on the right key pad even though the number lock is off

bettypotts, Mar 14, 2016
  4. Number Lock on new laptop

So when you pressed it nothing happened at all then?
    Mine comes on as soon as I start up and log in
    Did it work before you put in the latest update ?

hTconeM9user, Mar 14, 2016
  5. No, it's a new laptop received today. It didn't work before I updated or after them.

6. Well I kind of fixed it. Being a bit dumb but I have to press the Fn key plus number lock button to enable it. Not used to that at all on previous computer keyboards. On the laptop it has 'Del' above 'Num Lk'. See if I can get it stay on by default now!

7. Ztruker Win User
    Any setting in BIOS/UEFI setup fort his?

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Number Lock on new laptop

1. Number Lock on new laptop - Similar Threads - Number Lock laptop

2. Lock a stolen laptop by serial number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock a stolen laptop by serial number?: My laptop was stolen. I see the serial in my Microsoft account and last location. Why can’t I lock the device/report the serial number as stolen to prevent it from ever being activated again? I see the serial in my devices which means Microsoft can too. It also won’t let me...
  3. Lock a stolen laptop by serial number?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock a stolen laptop by serial number?: My laptop was stolen. I see the serial in my Microsoft account and last location. Why can’t I lock the device/report the serial number as stolen to prevent it from ever being activated again? I see the serial in my devices which means Microsoft can too. It also won’t let me...
  4. Lock a stolen laptop by serial number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. the Number lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    the Number lock: My computer keeps turning off the number lock during startup or restart and after an update. How can I fix that? is there a way to use command Prompt to keep it turned on all the time?...
  6. number lock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    number lock: the number lock feature turns off automatically when the screen shuts off due to inactivity how do I keep the number lock on all the time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-lock/313d9d55-f4df-4563-8b14-265610d6c940
  7. Number Lock Fn on EVOO Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Number Lock Fn on EVOO Laptop: Hello, I am new to owning a laptop that does not have a 10-key pad. I somehow activated the number lock key, on my EVOO 12.5 ultra thin laptop, and type #'s when I hit the I, J, K, L, etc. I have no idea how to turn it off I am using my kids school computer to type this....
  8. Number lock

in Windows 10 Support
    Number lock: Ever since I got my new computer hard drive and the most current Windows 10, my number lock key on keyboard's right panel defaults to scroll lock after each boot up. I'd like it to default to number lock, as that's the only way I use these number keys, and often, so would be...
  9. Number Lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number Lock: I have an HP Pavilion Laptop. It's a Core i5 with 64bit Operating System. CPU 2.30GHz Windows 10 I have had various niggly little things go wrong after Window/Microsoft updates. 1. I seem to have found a solution to this one only. On the F6 key there's a little LED...
  10. New laptop locked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New laptop locked: I bought a new hp laptop, pulled it out of the box, started it up, and it was stuck on "just a moment" for over an hour. It suddenly restarted by itseld, and went to a login screen. The user is defaultuser0, password protected. Please help! 25658