Windows 10: Numbers Keypad opens apps as well as typing numbers

Discus and support Numbers Keypad opens apps as well as typing numbers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm talking about the keypad at the right end of the keyboard. When I press some number keys, apps open; if I use the numbers at the top of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by brent, Aug 6, 2016.

1. brent Win User

Numbers Keypad opens apps as well as typing numbers

I'm talking about the keypad at the right end of the keyboard.
    When I press some number keys, apps open; if I use the numbers at the top of the keyboard, they work as usual.
    I can't find this specific issue anywhere online.

Numbers Keypad opens apps as well as typing numbers [​IMG]

1 opens Google Chrome
    4 opens the volume level
    7 opens the calculator
    2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9 work normally
    Nothing is turned on in "Ease of access center"
    I checked Google Chrome, and the 1 key is not set up as a shortcut

Numbers Keypad opens apps as well as typing numbers [​IMG]

How do I stop the numbers keypad from doing this?

:)

brent, Aug 6, 2016

2. Keyboard home line typing numbers as well as letters.

My Dell laptop was working fine for the last few days then today it started typing numbers when I type a numer (I.E: 1a2s3d4f5g6h7j8k) also when i type on the home line i get the opposite (I.E:aa1s2d3f4g5h6) as well as the shift key active(I.E:A!S@D#F$G%)
    any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

SkylerTrask, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Keyboard home line typing numbers as well as letters.

Hello Skyler,

This instance could have been caused by Num Lock. Try these steps for us to fix this:

• Press the Start key + R.
    • Type "osk" in the box and hit Enter.
    • On the screen keyboard, try toggling Num Lock, Scroll Lock and
      Caps Lock a few times. Num Lock might be stuck on your keyboard (Num Lock key isn't working).

Please let us know if that resolves your concern.

Lawrence Lib, Aug 6, 2016
Thema:

Numbers Keypad opens apps as well as typing numbers

1. Numbers Keypad opens apps as well as typing numbers - Similar Threads - Numbers Keypad opens

2. Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Usually, numbers keys are present on two spots on a keyboard. One is at the number pad and the other of above the letters. You might face an issue where your laptop keyboard won’t type numbers. This could be with [...] This post Keyboard wont type numbers OR...
  3. Typing numbers in Paint appear in different sizes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing numbers in Paint appear in different sizes.: I try to type numbers in Paint and they appear in different sizes. And it´s only in Paint where this happens. **Original Title** Numbers...
  4. Numbers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numbers: I try to type numbers in Paint and they appear in different sizes. And it´s only in Paint where this happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numbers/fdc98a17-36b9-4bfd-a0ce-ee58b8e861e8
  5. Is this phone number a valid Microsoft number?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is this phone number a valid Microsoft number?: Please tell me if this number is a valid Microsoft phone number: 1-844-386-8965. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-phone-number-a-valid-microsoft-number/f0b7e4e8-5022-4d0d-a143-9817c924f677"
  6. numlock causing problem type a number

in Windows 10 Customization
    numlock causing problem type a number: help, on numlockkey is on but won't type correct numbers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numlock-causing-problem-type-a-number/b97d3f27-20c5-4401-ae76-c5055ba694b9
  7. Number keypad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number keypad in Windows 10: How can I get the number keypad to work? This computer ignores the "NL" key. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/number-keypad-in-windows-10/b20abe64-7cff-4bde-89a9-ef78ca73e06c
  8. caps lock makes numbers type symbols

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    caps lock makes numbers type symbols: when i turn caps lock on, instead of the letters getting capitalized, the numbers get capitalized. if i have caps lock on and then type the number 2, it will appear as @....
  9. Keyboard only typing the number 6

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard only typing the number 6: A friend had a malware / virus attack in Chrome. It was a beeping warning that Windows Defender had error 0x80060402. She used the Task Manager to shut down Chrome and then shut off her laptop. When she tried to turn it on again nothing happened, it would not turn on. I now...
  10. Max number of open files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Max number of open files?: Is there a setting in Win10 that limits the number of files a program can open, or that slows down a program with too many files open? I run a program that can, in some circumstances, open and read hundreds of files in parallel. In on very repeatable circumstance the program...