Windows 10: Numerous BSOD, Comp can't go 20 minutes idle before crashing!

Discus and support Numerous BSOD, Comp can't go 20 minutes idle before crashing! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As per my title, numerous BSODs, various crash error codes. And i can't leave my computer alone for 20 minutes or else it crashes. It also crashes at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kobasew19, Jun 9, 2016.

1. kobasew19 Win User

Numerous BSOD, Comp can't go 20 minutes idle before crashing!

As per my title, numerous BSODs, various crash error codes. And i can't leave my computer alone for 20 minutes or else it crashes. It also crashes at random intervals as well.

Please see zip file of the DM Log collector info.

Thanks.

:)

kobasew19, Jun 9, 2016
  2. TushantS Win User

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal crashes

Hi,

I recently built this PC (been a few days) and I've already received numerous bsod crashes (irql_not_less_or_equal error). Just fyi only 4 dumps right now, I actually received 4-5 bsod crashes with this error before I did a complete new install of windows
    - only for the crashes to occur again, which is why I've made this post now.

I've attached my .dmp files for someone who can analyse them, and recommend fixes: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsEqazAnhQ4QhSy0qdYcBhZ9TYLw

My comp specs: Free download of drivers and PC configuration detection

Thanks

TushantS, Jun 9, 2016
  3. OnyxT Win User
    Sudden increase in Windows 10 BSODs after updates around 9/7/2017

I updated my BIOS from F3 to F7 (a Gigabyte Z270X Gaming K7) and I am now constantly BSODing about a minute or two after booting. I can even sit idle on the Windows login screen and get the BSOD without any input from myself (other than moving my mouse).
    I'm typing this from safe mode where I've been for the past 20 minutes with no crashes whatsoever.

I have uploaded a couple more minidumps from the crashes this morning: Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

OnyxT, Jun 9, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please try following to start with:
    Check ASUS for BIOS updates

Have you switched the GPU? I see the Nvidia drivers flagged but you have an AMD GPU.

Numerous BSOD, Comp can't go 20 minutes idle before crashing! [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.
    Code: Event[5420]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2016-06-10T00:56:04.662 Event ID: 1005 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: VIDDIE-PC Description: Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file. Event[5421]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2016-06-10T00:56:04.662 Event ID: 1001 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: VIDDIE-PC Description: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000012b[/quote]

axe0, Jun 9, 2016
  5. kobasew19 Win User
    Thank you for responding.

I had a nvidia video card and switched it to an ATI...i had the BSOD so i switched it back to the nvidia but the crashes kept happening, so i went back to the more powerful ATI one.

With respect to the ASUS BIOS, windows 10 isn't available for download...which one should i update it to? see attached for listing of OS drivers.

Thanks.

kobasew19, Jun 10, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    The most recent present, your BIOS is way too old and needs to be updated to at least 2009.

Did you seat the GPU in the same slot when you switched?

There would be 2 possibilities when 2 GPUs still crashes the system
    • The slot is faulty,
    • There is a different cause, we've just started troubleshooting so we cannot say that the GPU part should be the focus.
    Though, the Nvidia display drivers was been flagged a lot in the dumps.

7. kobasew19 Win User
    Hi,

So for the BIOS, should i upgrade to the Windows 8.1 64 bit?

GPU - Yes it's exactly the same slot.

kobasew19, Jun 11, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Yes, it should not cause any problems.

If possible try to seat the GPU into a different slot.

Please do not forget the memory test *Smile

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Numerous BSOD, Comp can't go 20 minutes idle before crashing! - Similar Threads - Numerous BSOD Comp

2. BSOD every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every 15-20 minutes: Hello. My computer randomly started crashing last night. Initially it restarted and woke up to a GIGABYTE BIOS saying boot load broke. After having logged in to the pc, a BSOD happened and the screen froze, leading to me having to hold the power button down.From this point...
  3. BSOD every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every 15-20 minutes: Hello. My computer randomly started crashing last night. Initially it restarted and woke up to a GIGABYTE BIOS saying boot load broke. After having logged in to the pc, a BSOD happened and the screen froze, leading to me having to hold the power button down.From this point...
  4. My computer keeps BSOD, can't go like 3 minutes of use before crashing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keeps BSOD, can't go like 3 minutes of use before crashing.: I recently built a PC and it won't stop crashing, at first it crash like one time, but now I can't use it for an extended period of time without it crashing immediately. I'm not sure if it's hardware or my software. I downloaded WhoCrashed in order to see what was happening....
  5. The game crashes after about 20 minutes.

The game crashes after about 20 minutes.: I start game, play approximately 20-30 minutes and screen freeze then game crashed. It's personaly trouble of windows, because i tried play games on linux and i don't seen this problem. Also not even game have this problem. Games i have this problem: CS GO, Genshin Impact,...
  6. BSoD's after 10 minutes idle

BSoD's after 10 minutes idle: This has been going on for about a month. After ten minutes idle, I get a random blue screen. 8 passes of memtest yielded no errors. How many of the 42 .dmp files should I send and how should I send them? Thanks in advance 88850
  7. BSOD after 20 minutes

BSOD after 20 minutes: Hello, after building a new Skylake based Windows 10 64 bit machine to house my GPU with a friend (who does such things for a living) I am experiencing weird BSOD behaviour. The machine gets a BSOD after 20 minutes (irrespective of what I am doing at the moment) and...
  8. Numerous BSOD crashes

Numerous BSOD crashes: Hi, I have been getting these BSOD crashes for sometime now and it has gotten to the point where it is really irritating. When I first installed Windows 10, it was an upgrade from Windows 7 pro. After getting the BSODs, I wiped my hard drive and installed 10 clean. It was...
  9. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...
  10. Crashes after open for 20-40 minutes. Reboots then BSOD.

Crashes after open for 20-40 minutes. Reboots then BSOD.: I got this laptop a few years ago, used. I've pretty much always had issues with it, but nothing that keeps me from using it. Normally I have to boot it into the BIOS and then start it from there, otherwise, I get a BSOD, 0xc000000e. But today it's started crashing after I...