Windows 10: Numerous bugs and shortcomings in Tablet Mode

Discus and support Numerous bugs and shortcomings in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There are numerous bugs and shortcomings in Tablet Mode as given by the following: (1.) When in tablet mode, if I click the Cortana circle on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cooler44, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Cooler44 Win User

Numerous bugs and shortcomings in Tablet Mode

There are numerous bugs and shortcomings in Tablet Mode as given by the following:

(1.) When in tablet mode, if I click the Cortana circle on the lower left of the screen, the Cortana window opens for a few seconds and then is quickly overwritten by the start screen metro tiles. This only occurs if the start screen is currently being displayed when I try to open Cortana.

(2.) Various error message windows (like a low toner warning window that occurs when I print something) temporarily flashes on the screen when I close all apps. The only way that I have found to read or delete these window is to turn off tablet mode and go to the desktop by clicking on start.

(3.) The hidden icons button caret (^) at the bottom right of the screen is often missing in tablet mode. To show hidden icons I need to turn off tablet mode and click on the caret.

(4.) The advanced search feature in Adobe Acrobat DC does not work if in tablet mode. The search results window appears with the results of the search, but the document disappears. If I click on one of the search results, then the screen flashes rapidly back and forth between the document and wallpaper.

(5.) When I close the Quickverse 10 application, the screen goes to wallpaper only instead of the start screen. I need to click start to get the start screen.

(6.) When I resume from hibernate, the screen goes to wallpaper only instead of the start screen. I need to click on start to get the start screen.

(7.) There is no way to create a shortcut in tablet mode.

(8.) I cannot reduce the size of a window in tablet mode. The double box button at the top right does nothing in tablet mode.

(9.) I cannot answer a Skype call from the start screen in tablet mode.

(10.) I cannot create multiple desktops in tablet mode.

(11.) Several settings when right click open space in taskbar are missing. The only way to change these settings is to turn off tablet mode.

(12.) When I click on a link in a Thunderbird email message and then click on the X in the upper right hand corner of the window to close the link, it closes the email program and returns to the start screen. In the non-tablet mode, clicking on the X returns to the list of email messages, which is the preferred method.

(13.) Windows 8.1 had a setting by right clicking the taskbar open area, then properties, then navigation tab that said:

[ ] When I sign in or close all Apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of start.

I wish they would add this setting to windows 10. Currently in windows 10 it always goes to the desktop when I close all apps which is usually not the desired behavior. This may be the desired behavior for windows 7 lovers, but not windows 8 lovers. The best place to put this switch in windows 10 is in Settings, then Personalization, then Start. If they added this switch to windows 10, then I would not use Tablet Mode at all. Thus, adding this switch would resolve the above 12 problems, since most people would not have to ever use Tablet Mode.

:)

Cooler44, Feb 3, 2017

2. tablet mode

I'm trying to get my computer to switch to it has where I can switch it when I do it is doesn't work it says its on but it don't work how can I get it to work

tablet mode, Feb 3, 2017
  3. Why is Airplane Mode always on since the latest Windows 10 update?

This has happened on numerous installs and on numerous different machines ranging from Surface Pros to 7 inch tablets. It has nothing to do with corrupt Windows files and running SFC makes absolutely no difference to the 'bug'.

It is a bug and the sooner you accept this the sooner you can come up with a fix, perhaps.

Vik Minassian, Feb 3, 2017
  4. Cooler44 Win User

There has been no Replies. Is anybody else using Tablet Mode? If yes, is anybody having any of the above 13 problems with Tablet Mode?

Cooler44, Feb 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Numerous bugs and shortcomings in Tablet Mode - Similar Threads - Numerous bugs shortcomings

2. tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tablet mode: I was playing genshin impact on my laptop and wanted to try it with tablet mode so I flipped the screen to turn on tablet mode the game was open so it adjusted to the screen vertically and when I switched back the game screen was stuck and don't know what to do but this is...
  3. tablet mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tablet mode: I was playing genshin impact on my laptop and wanted to try it with tablet mode so I flipped the screen to turn on tablet mode the game was open so it adjusted to the screen vertically and when I switched back the game screen was stuck and don't know what to do but this is...
  4. Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet Mode: I cant recover my desktop page. I have switched it out of tablet mode and it still only displays the start menu with apps not my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode/20a29ade-994b-494f-a887-b9e64b61d5fb
  5. Tablet mode

Tablet mode: My tablet mode fails to work and to enable it i need hardware and device setting which is missing .help me activate my tablet mode... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode/2aaf82ba-acdb-4260-81b6-c754497f0888
  6. Tablet Mode

Tablet Mode: I have never been able to get my laptop into touchscreen mode. Am I doing something wrong or is my computer not touch screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode/af397568-0c7a-43aa-b9fe-85cf8b70d855
  7. Tablet Mode

Tablet Mode: HP Stream Windows 10 home...tablet mode is on but isn't working. It worked when I first purchased the computer then just stopped. I'm afraid I hit a wrong setting...any advice??...
  8. Tablet mode

Tablet mode: Good morning, I am having an issue whereby I am not able to use my keyboard and my laptop is only functioning on tablet mode. The thing is that it does not indicate on the screen itself that the tablet mode is on but the keyboard is completely not working and I do not know...
  9. tablet mode

tablet mode: I saw my brother use the tablet mode but he does not want to tell me how I put it, they could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode/417db7cb-1d88-41a7-bcf4-ac007ef5a73f
  10. Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet Mode: Tablet Mode doesn"t work Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/tablet-mode/20aaec50-f38f-4066-a10f-8fa9bb6a02b7