Windows 10: Numerous Windows 10 Issues (Creative, SLI, BSOD's)

Discus and support Numerous Windows 10 Issues (Creative, SLI, BSOD's) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Hopefully I'm in the right place to see if anyone else has any of these problems or knows a potential fix, apologies if this is in the wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KayEss, Nov 19, 2015.

1. KayEss Win User

Numerous Windows 10 Issues (Creative, SLI, BSOD's)

Hello,

Hopefully I'm in the right place to see if anyone else has any of these problems or knows a potential fix, apologies if this is in the wrong section as there is a lot to cover, Windows 10 feels full of issues at the moment.

Windows 10 defaults:

Windows 10 keeps resetting the default program settings, making Edge the default browser along with other programs which I don't want to open files with, happens randomly on every boot.

Google Chrome:

Chrome keeps deleting data on exit randomly, sometimes it does... sometimes not. I've checked the settings and they're default, allowing data / cookies to be stored even upon exit although it still deletes history randomly.

Creative Sound Blaster Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series:

In the Creative Audio Console Panel after each reboot, or every 2/3 reboots the Microphone settings reset, making me very loud / distorted whilst streaming or in game / Skype etc.

ASUS X99 E-WS:

The "ASUS In Search of Incredible" with a buffering symbol is taking a long time to boot into the Windows log in screen (I've checked the BIOS and everything is set to default, before the latest build of Windows 10 it only took about 2 seconds).

Not only this, sometimes I'm greeted with a black screen and cursor upon boot. Usually have to wait about 10-15 seconds until the log in screen pops up.

GTX 980's SLI (2)
    :

Randomly after a reboot SLI will disable itself, the refresh rate of 144hz will change to 120hz and digital vibrance will be set to the default of 50% (it's usually on 80-100% for CS:GO).

BSOD:

There have also been some random BSOD's, BAD_POOL_HEADER and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT which I understand this one possibly being a bad overclock, but I've had it even at default speeds when running CS:GO, OBS to stream with and several videos playing whilst my other half watches them on the TV (possibly just a bit too much for the system to handle... whoops).

A windows update has also caused a BSOD whilst streaming, I'm just guessing the CPU was under too much pressure at the time?

If anyone has any input it's greatly appreciated, these problems are tedious when having to change settings after pretty much every reboot.

:)

KayEss, Nov 19, 2015

2. PC Stuck on BSOD second reboot after successful install of the Windows 10 Anniversay Update

That's good news that you have identified the driver causing the BSOD. If you can reliably reproduce or get the BSOD at the moment, if it were me I'd uninstall the creative drivers and remove the device just temporarily, just to be 100% sure it is the offending
    driver.

Apart from that, I guess all you can do is contact Creative Re: the blue screen, hopefully they will be able to release an update for you soon that fixes your issue.

Soundcards seem to cause BSOD a lot - I have an expensive soundcard by prismsound and I have had BSOD with it a lot with Windows 10..

Anyway, hope you get a driver fix soon!

Regards,

Justin

JustinLeary, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Qianli Ma Win User
    Fall Creators Update crashes on SLI Surround Configuration

I've just upgraded to 1709 build16299.64 yesterday and i'm getting an BSOD with video scheduler internal error every time i try SLI. Are you having the same issue?

Qianli Ma, Nov 19, 2015
  4. KayEss Win User

No one having or had similar issues?

KayEss, Nov 20, 2015
  5. I am having the Default apps issue you are having , all the apps I select default to the ones that come with windows 10 after I power down my pc and staret things back up

Stargazer22, Nov 25, 2015
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Sorry, none here. . .*Smile

7. KayEss Win User
    Yeah it's seriously annoying, I've been trying to fix it for over a week now... having to change all the defaults back, lower the microphone and activate SLI / Manage 3D settings in the NVIDIA contol panel on every reboot is well... annoying as hell.

KayEss, Nov 27, 2015
  8. Numerous Windows 10 Issues (Creative, SLI, BSOD's)

KayEss, Looking at your system specs I don't think your overstressing it... your not alone with this latest update (Not Bashing).

To me it would seem to be a driver issue.... My issue seems to be with my SSD, I dual boot, one older hdd which runs fine and a ssd which is giving me lockup issues.

kingstonian, Nov 27, 2015
  9. KayEss Win User
    I have done a fresh install of Windows 10 again, I believe the new build update became corrupted due to the crash whilst updating hence the random "Windows.old" folder.

The only issues I'm receiving now is the Creative Audio Control Panel pushing the Microphone up to 100% from 70% when restarting / opening CS:GO and other games.

KayEss, Nov 28, 2015
  10. You can see if there is a good driver from the manufacturer's website, or see if Windows can find one in device manager -> select the device, right-click, select Update Driver Software. I'm currently working on a driver issue with one of my computers, and resorted to seeing if MS had better drivers than the ones provided to me.

DustSailor, Nov 28, 2015
  11. KayEss Win User
    Found the issue regarding the Microphone level!

CS:GO was setting the volume automatically on launch via it's "config.cfg".

Here's the fix:

1. Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\config.cfg

2. Open the file with Wordpad and locate "voice_mixer_volume" and change it from 1.0 (1.0 being 100%) to whatever you want, I chose 0.7 as 70% is perfect for me.

3. Close and enjoy!

Some other games / applications cause this issue too upon opening (Skype etc, you just turn off all the automatic microphone level settings), it's just a case of finding out where the cfg folders are for each game.

KayEss, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Numerous Windows 10 Issues (Creative, SLI, BSOD's) - Similar Threads - Numerous Issues Creative

2. Numerous BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numerous BSODs: I've been getting numerous BSODs Ranging from Kernel_Security_Check_Failure, Bad_System_Config_Info, KMode, etc. and sometimes showing an error code that is 0xc0000001, 0xc000021a telling me I'm missing some system files Winlogon.exe, etc. It only happened recently these...
  3. Numerous BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Numerous BSODs: I've been getting numerous BSODs Ranging from Kernel_Security_Check_Failure and Bad_System_Config_Info and sometimes showing an error code that is 0xc0000001, 0xc000021a telling me I'm missing some system files Winlogon.exe, etc. It only happened recently these last two...
  4. sli activation issue

sli activation issue: got two nvidia cards linked and the driver everytime I click enable sli it ask me to close the programs: and then it gives me a long list, half i know the other half is stupid microsoft embbeded trash and I dont even know... so how can I close this d*mn programs to proceed...
  5. Numeric keypad issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Numeric keypad issues with Windows 10: We have recently purchased various Windows 10 workstations. Some of our users are having an issue where certain keys in the numeric keypad are not working correctly within Microsoft Office. Most of this is noticed when using Microsoft Excel. When the 4 or 2 is pressed it will...
  6. Creative Soundblaster Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creative Soundblaster Issues: Hi, Bit of a strange issue here with sound. My system is a fresh install of Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.752 & my sound is configured as 5.1 except theFront Left speaker does not play sound/music nor the Test Tone when checking the speakers during "Configure"...
  7. Numerous BSOD Win 10

Numerous BSOD Win 10: So I bought this laptop about a two years ago now from Xidax. Top of the line at the time hardware. However soon after getting the unit I started to have some BSOD. Now I am a military guy and I don't use my computer that much so I just wrote it off. However now I am using...
  8. Numerous issues with 10 resolved

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Numerous issues with 10 resolved: I re-installed the free upgrade this week on my 4 laptops and several issues were resolved. C+ constant install computer boots with an error screen and then repair Random hardware issues*Biggrin Did not do a clean install/keep files and settings. 44134
  9. Numerous BSOD's

Numerous BSOD's: PC Specs: i5 - 6500 2x8 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 2133MHz (disabled XMP just in case -usually runs at 3200MHz) Windows 10 64-bit NOTE: This build be fresh, I installed most of my device drivers within the first few days of use So after tolerating a bunch of...
  10. Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.: Hey, I'm having a bit of an Issue, out of the blue, I'm unable to SLI my 780Ti's (Driver 355.82). The cards themselves are detected in Device Manager at the same time, but one always has this error doesn't matter which one it is) when they are both plugged in (SLI bridged or...