Windows 10: Nvdia GTX 980 video very choppy

Discus and support Nvdia GTX 980 video very choppy in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Windows 10 installed a native driver for the Nvidia 980 card that I have. The display is choppy and every time you open a window it paints the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by gzt7d8, Jan 1, 2015.

1. gzt7d8 Win User

Nvdia GTX 980 video very choppy

Windows 10 installed a native driver for the Nvidia 980 card that I have. The display is choppy and every time you open a window it paints the screen very slowly. I attempted to install the latest version of Nvidia (Win 8.1) but got a Blue Screen during the installation with a error message WHEA_UNCORRECTIBLE_ERROR.

So I'm curious if anyone else has been able to get a Nvidia driver installed. If so, what version is it and where did you find it...e.g. Windows Update or another site.

Thanks

:)

gzt7d8, Jan 1, 2015

2. Microsoft Solitaire Game Hangs Up while playing

I just completed a clean install of Windows 10. I have the latest Nvdia drivers on my GTX 980 so I monitor the situation and if it starts again, I'll get back with you.

GregSemple, Jan 1, 2015
  3. beausee Win User
    Clean install of Windows 10 and dual GTX 980 problem

Hi,

Big Problem

Upgraded from GA-Z97X SOC to GA-Z97X Gaming G1 BK to enjoy more PCI lane with PLX chip.

It has been a nightmare.

Keep getting graphic card error with my 2 GTX 980 in SLI. Error 43, BSOD, ....

Tried everything. New NVDIA drivers, Older NVDIA drivers, DDU, even a clean install of Windows 10. Nothing works! Andeven after the clean install, machine is super unstable, its not usable because keeps freezing, crashing or going
    BSOD: always related to graphic cards

More info for you guys,

Followed the basic steps for clean install.

1-Installed on SSD array using usb windows 10 install

2-installed latest mobo drivers for windows 10 x64 (pulled from gigabyte website)

3-Installed latest drivers fron NVDIA web site

after that all its hell....

Tried to troubleshoot,

1- like mentionned above, change NVDIA drivers using DDU in safe mode: fails, (redid this with dofferent version of drivers with same results

2- Tried new clean install with disabling automatic driver update in windows prior to installing GTX 980 and using NVDIA drivers: same tesults. So retried step 2 with all version of NVDIA drivers: fails

Everything was fine before mobo upgrade.

Beside the new mobo, kept everythingelsethe same (same hardware see list at bottom of post). Same CPU, same Dual GTX 980, Same SSD, HD, ...

Only difference,my old rig was a Windows 10 upgrade. Initially was windows 7 that was upgraded through win upgrade abour a year ago.

Going insane with this. Please help!

GA-Z97x-Gaming G1 BK edition latest bios F8

2x EVGA GTX 980 Hydro Copper in SLI

LSI Megaraid 9280-16i4e with 8 Samsung Pro 850 1tb in Raid 0 (os drive)

4x 6Tb WD Drive set up as a Microsoft Storage Space for Backup

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 watt

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

beausee, Jan 1, 2015
  4. Saltgrass Win User

If you are running an X99 motherboard, you are pretty much out of luck with the 9879 build. It has been Blue Screening those configurations.

They may have even set the OS to not install the Nvidia drivers for now.

Saltgrass, Jan 2, 2015
  5. gzt7d8 Win User
    Hmmm, that is the motherboard I'm running. I'll hope the build later this month has the ability to get the drivers in the version. This one is not good.

That explains the Blue Screen, so why is the hardware the issue here?

gzt7d8, Jan 2, 2015
  6. Saltgrass Win User
    There were some comments about a problem with the L3 Cache, but I don't have any more information.

I have been basically out of the program since 9879 was released ... Since the chipset is fairly new, it was probably not released at the time the preview builds were done.

So, I suppose the choices are to wait for the next build, stay with an earlier build, or suffer through 9879 using the alternate drivers.

We will see what happens with the next build when it is actually released.

Saltgrass, Jan 2, 2015
  7. gzt7d8 Win User
    Well you have laid out the choices, a little disappointing since I just loaded the build today on an extra SSD on my new computer. I saw a lot of traffic on the topic on the Windows 10 Community Forum too.

I'll hope the Consumer Preview has some improvement...thanks Saltgrass!

I'll mark this Thread as Solved even though the issue still prevails. But now I know what to expect.

gzt7d8, Jan 2, 2015
  8. essenbe Win User

I know this is an old thread, but I have had similar problems. I have a 980 on a Z77 Chipset. The latest Nvidia driver hosed my complete installation. I had to restore from the installation USB. 9879 is very buggy for me.

essenbe, Jan 22, 2015
  9. gzt7d8 Win User
    The new build 9926 fixed the problem for me. It loaded the latest nvidia driver in the install. Much better.

gzt7d8, Jan 22, 2015
  10. essenbe Win User
    That's great news. I'm downloading it as we speak. Thanks for the info.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Nvdia GTX 980 video very choppy - Similar Threads - Nvdia GTX 980

2. All video media is choppy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All video media is choppy: This is incredibly infuriating. I have a perfectly good working computer and I have updated all drivers on it but recently, when I watch videos there are times where some frames are just dropped but the audio persists. How do I fix this. It happens in all browsers....
  3. My audio is very choppy?

My audio is very choppy?: That bad is audio with both my PC headset and TV. In Device Manager > Sound, Video and game controllers, and Sound > Playback tab, I've got listed: Mpow HC (headset) NVIDIA High Definition Audio (TV) Realtek Audio In Device Manager, the context menu of each is the same....
  4. Nvdia GTX 950 driver kills windows 10.

Nvdia GTX 950 driver kills windows 10.: After a complete download and install of win 10 over win 7, EVGA Nvidia GTX 950 driver fails to install and everything is lost. I cannot get win 10 to restart. I restore win 7 and try new win 10 download, install. Then I try having windows 10 install driver from device...
  5. GTX 980 not compatible with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GTX 980 not compatible with Windows 10?: Hi there! So, I’m trying to install Windows 10 Pro, unfortunately as I’m trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 the Media Creation Tool 1809. I’m getting a message saying my GTX 980 is incompatible with Windows 10 and that I will have display problems. I went ahead...
  6. Display driver stops responding GTX 980

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver stops responding GTX 980: On the 18th my monitor just turned it self off twice in space of 10 minutes. The Nvidia driver stops responding and Windows Desktop Manager would end up crashing and turning monitor off. I updated the Nvidia drivers via Geforce experience and it appeared to fix it On the...
  7. Problem: 4 Monitors / NIVIDIA GTX 980

Problem: 4 Monitors / NIVIDIA GTX 980: Hi.a I’m running Windows 10 & the latest GTX GeForce 980 drivers. I have 4 monitors: My 4th monitor isn’t being detected. *I have two HP monitors: 1280 x 1024 connected via Display Ports. *I have two DELL monitors: 2560 x 1440 - one connected via a display port, the last...
  8. Windows 10 and GTX 980 problems

Windows 10 and GTX 980 problems: Hi, Big Problem Upgraded from GA-Z97X SOC to GA-Z97X Gaming G1 BK to enjoy more PCI lane with PLX chip. It has been a nightmare. Keep getting graphic card error with my 2 GTX 980 in SLI. Error 43, BSOD, .... Tried everything. New...
  9. Low FPS with new GTX 980 graphics card

Low FPS with new GTX 980 graphics card: Hi, In October I bought the MSI GTX 980 graphics card as an upgrade for my Radeon R9 280x. I presumed that I would be getting a lot better performance in games since the 980 is a much more powerful card, this was the case in some games like GTA 5 where I can run the game...
  10. Please welcome,the GTX 980

Please welcome,the GTX 980: Since we aint gettin',any "9" Windows,we sure could use,a "niner" GPU! Most anticipated graphics card,of at least the year,here comes the GeForce GTX 980 NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Graphics Card | GeForce Feel free,to fill the thread with reviews,benchmarks and the...