Windows 10: NVIDIA 353.45 causing TDR Error and other BSOD when reboot-how to fix?

Discus and support NVIDIA 353.45 causing TDR Error and other BSOD when reboot-how to fix? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Computer was running fine then I decided to update to the newest driver since it said it was more stable-had an error during installation...tdr... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pittguy578, Jul 8, 2015.

1. NVIDIA 353.45 causing TDR Error and other BSOD when reboot-how to fix?

Computer was running fine then I decided to update to the newest driver since it said it was more stable-had an error during installation...tdr error.... then when I rebooted it kept giving me errors like dx error and couldn't get to desktop kept getting BSOD. I have a backup hard drive with an earlier version of the driver and booted up just fine and was able to play BF4 so I don't think it's a hardware issue-GTX 960.

How do I fix the issue on my primary hard drive if I can't get to the desktop at all? Is there a button I can hit for safe mode?

:)

pittguy578, Jul 8, 2015
  2. CRTP Win User

Windows 10 blue screen during the welcome back.

I got to a point in the install that says "Hi there, welcome back!" with a "next" button in the bottom right of the screen. however when I click "next" button. My computer freeze for
    5 second and it BSOD with error ""Video TDR-Failure nvlddmkm.sys". I search this online and found that it was caused by nvidia driver. So, I try to enter the safe mode and uninstall it, but when I enable safe mode in startup setting, my computer restart and
    go back to the "Hi there, welcome back!" menu and it still freeze.

Please help me to enter the safe mode. Thanks

CRTP, Jul 8, 2015
  3. Fall Creators Update crashes on SLI Surround Configuration

I am getting the same error as most people on this thread: BSOD/TDR error, whenever I try to activate SLI. Started after the Fall Creators Update. Reinstalled windows 8, then 10, multiple times. Tried various Nvidia drivers to no avail. Video cards
    run fine with stress tests. Individual cards run by themselves.

It is struggling to install the Nvidia drivers each time, usually doesnt finish succesfully and have to try again.

Running GTX 780's.

When will MS put out a fix?

BobGallagher1, Jul 8, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

NVIDIA 353.45 causing TDR Error and other BSOD when reboot-how to fix?

MS got rid of the Safe Mode (F8) option in Windows 8, and they haven't restored it in Windows 10. (I wish they had. It was convenient.)

If you have a bootable install medium (DVD or USB flash drive), you can do the equivalent:

Advanced Startup Options - Boot to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

It also would have been possible to create a Recovery device, but it's a little late for that now.

bobkn, Jul 8, 2015
  5. If you were able to get to the login screen you can hold shift while clicking "restart". You can also try smashing Shift F8 at boot, which will work on some systems, but not on most newer systems; otherwise you'll have to create a recovery USB/DVD drive from a system running the same OS.

Edited: Btw, typically if the system fails to boot three times in a row the advanced recovery options screen will appear on its own.

fracking4oil, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

NVIDIA 353.45 causing TDR Error and other BSOD when reboot-how to fix?

1. NVIDIA 353.45 causing TDR Error and other BSOD when reboot-how to fix? - Similar Threads - NVIDIA 353 causing

2. How to fix Video TDR failure with NVIDIA GPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Video TDR failure with NVIDIA GPU?: I was just trying to turn on my pc, when all of a sudden it blue screened. I have watched sooo many tutorials, but non work. In the properties tab in the device manager, it says that it is deactivated because of code 43. I have installed drivers, uninstalled the card, updated...
  3. How to fix Video TDR failure with NVIDIA GPU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Video TDR failure with NVIDIA GPU?: I was just trying to turn on my pc, when all of a sudden it blue screened. I have watched sooo many tutorials, but non work. In the properties tab in the device manager, it says that it is deactivated because of code 43. I have installed drivers, uninstalled the card, updated...
  4. How to fix Video TDR failure with NVIDIA GPU?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix Video TDR failure with NVIDIA GPU?: I was just trying to turn on my pc, when all of a sudden it blue screened. I have watched sooo many tutorials, but non work. In the properties tab in the device manager, it says that is is deactivated because of code 43. I have installed driver, uninstalled the card, updated...
  5. Nvidia Laptop GPU error 45

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Laptop GPU error 45: I started getting this issue about a week ago. I got it fixed by uninstalling the windows updates I had from the settings. The issue is still persisting, however, and every time my laptop goes into sleep mode my dedicated GPU gets the error again and becomes unrecognized. How...
  6. Nvidia Laptop GPU error 45

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia Laptop GPU error 45: I started getting this issue about a week ago. I got it fixed by uninstalling the windows updates I had from the settings. The issue is still persisting, however, and every time my laptop goes into sleep mode my dedicated GPU gets the error again and becomes unrecognized. How...
  7. Nvidia Graphics Card: Error 45

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia Graphics Card: Error 45: My computer worked fantastically. Everything fine, could play most games on medium settings or higher at 1080p with no glitches, dropped frames or artefacts. So about two weeks ago I fired up my computer it had been off for a day or two and I get no display output at all...
  8. nvidia (code 45)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nvidia (code 45): currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (code 45) nvidia can anyone please solve this problem [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/nvidia/f57b2147-3c0a-41ed-9d69-e69f73103752
  9. Need Help With TDR Error (nvidia)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need Help With TDR Error (nvidia): Ever since upgrading to Win10 my system continues to crash whenever I have my driver for my geforce 8800gt enabled. Always freezes and then bsod and tdr video error. I've done everything so far that I've found on the net to try and fix it. Only thing that works is disabling...
  10. Nvidia drivers won't install and causing reboots with no BSOD.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia drivers won't install and causing reboots with no BSOD.: Bit of a long story but I'll try to be clear as I can be. So yesterday my system was working just fine, had windows 10 installed for a month. When I first install windows 10 the first nvidia driver I tried kept crashing. Change it to another version and everything was...