Windows 10: Nvidia container / Nvdisplay.container.exe

Discus and support Nvidia container / Nvdisplay.container.exe in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I got April Creators update on Saturday and by and large very pleased. But as part of the upgrade it auto installed a later driver 382.05 for my 980 ti... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Scottyboy99, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Nvidia container / Nvdisplay.container.exe

I got April Creators update on Saturday and by and large very pleased. But as part of the upgrade it auto installed a later driver 382.05 for my 980 ti (I was on 376.xxxx) Everything is ok and games plus 3d mark seem fine. But I noticed a bug. We have several family user accounts on the pc and if we switch accounts the NVidia container and Nvdisplay.container.exe show as stopped working in reliability history plus NVidia control panel disappears from the right click context menu when clicking on the desktop. It's easily remedied by restarting the machine. Basically it's triggered by switching user accounts. Say I first login to mine then all is fine but if I switch to my wifes account then it triggers the error and the error continues even if I switch back to mine. Now if we restart and go straight into my wifes account then all is ok. But I then switch to mine and the crash is triggered. As far as I can tell there are no ill effects other than the NVidia control panel disappearing and the errors in reliability monitor. Eveything gpu related continues to work fine and dandy. But I wondered if people had noticed this behaviour and if there was a workaround other than manually updating drivers (which I'm not a fan of!) I guess many people don't have multiple user accounts that they switch regulary so not many may of noticed this

:)

Scottyboy99, Sep 17, 2017

2. desktop icons issue after Version 1703 Build 15063,413 update

Further to the above

Following the previous post I found and installed a newer nVidia driver. That seems to have stopped the"NVDisplay.Container.exe" errors, at least for now but the icons have still all moved to the left although since the last boot up of the PC nothing new
    seems to have been installed, It had booted up without icon movement for about 6+ times and then on the latest boot they had all moved again!

This is getting very annoying.

Keith

keithnicholls37, Sep 17, 2017
  3. problem with display drivers

if this is the my latop should contain nvidia display driver mentioned above.......but it is intel i found in the system. the order of installation is amd, intel and then nvidia.

subrahmanyam chadalapaka, Sep 17, 2017
  4. Nvidia container / Nvdisplay.container.exe

Googling around seems this is not an uncommon issue. I'm hoping fall creators will improve this when it arrives as no doubt it will update the gpu driver automatically again. I guess I can wait it out.

A workaround that doesn't involve restarting machine I saw and can verify works is to go into 'services' and find Nvidia display container LS. If the service is running then restart it. Should bring the NVidia control panel back.

Scottyboy99, Sep 17, 2017
Thema:

Nvidia container / Nvdisplay.container.exe

1. Nvidia container / Nvdisplay.container.exe - Similar Threads - Nvidia container Nvdisplay

2. Devices in Container

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices in Container: OS - Microsoft Windows 11 HomeI've mentioned an article below, and trying to achieve that outcome. But when I followed the instruction I ended up getting an error.." class/86E0D1E0-8089-11D0-9CE4-08003E301F73 is not an absolute path."I'm running Docker Desktop 4.28.0Reference...
  3. Devices in Container

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices in Container: OS - Microsoft Windows 11 HomeI've mentioned an article below, and trying to achieve that outcome. But when I followed the instruction I ended up getting an error.." class/86E0D1E0-8089-11D0-9CE4-08003E301F73 is not an absolute path."I'm running Docker Desktop 4.28.0Reference...
  4. Why is Nvidia Container using so much of my CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Nvidia Container using so much of my CPU: Nvidia Container is using a lot of my CPU and I don't know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-nvidia-container-using-so-much-of-my-cpu/0a8d7924-7043-4f5b-a5e4-6de2a5ef3a5b
  5. Discord notification banners are blocked by "Nvidia LocalSystem Container" Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord notification banners are blocked by "Nvidia LocalSystem Container" Service: Hello, I am not getting Discord notification banners and the only thing that seems to fix it is disabling "Nvidia LocalSystem Container" in Services. When I do that, GeForce Experience stops working. I do however, get an notification noise. I've contacted Nvidia regarding...
  6. NVIDIA Container stopped working on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Container stopped working on Windows computer: [IMG]NVIDIA is a go-to GPU for a wide demographic of users. However, a lot of its users are complaining that NVIDIA Container stopped working on their computer. More often than not, this error appears when the computer boots, but sometimes, it also appears out of the blue. In...
  7. msvcp140.dll is missing or contains an error nvidia web helper

in Windows 10 Support
    msvcp140.dll is missing or contains an error nvidia web helper: The file is missing and so is C plus plus on my computer. I am trying to install visual studio 2015 but it cannot because it says that vc redist x64.exe is missing. I found that the best solution was to do a clean install entirely, but i don't want to #### it up because it's...
  8. Windows 10 installation contains Nvidia driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 installation contains Nvidia driver?: Hi, I just finished a clean install and noticed that a Nvidia driver was installed. I'm not sure if this is standard now but as far as I can remember I always had to install this driver manually. I've erased my entire drive and used a USB stick which I created with Media...
  9. Microsoft Security Essentials flagged my EXE as containing a Trojan.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Security Essentials flagged my EXE as containing a Trojan.: I have an Addin to VBA that is used by many users without any issue regarding any Trojans. But Microsoft Security Essentials flagged it as containing a Trojan. Who do I contact to report this issue?...
  10. Nvidia warns that GPU drivers contains multiple vulnerabilities

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia warns that GPU drivers contains multiple vulnerabilities: Vulnerability details: Security Bulletin: NVIDIA GPU Display driver contains multiple vulnerabilities in the kernel mode layer handler | NVIDIA Looks like it's time to make sure your GPU drivers are updated. All versions of the NVIDIA Windows GPU Display Driver...