Windows 10: NVIDIA display drivers deleted by Windows 10 update - how to prevent

Discus and support NVIDIA display drivers deleted by Windows 10 update - how to prevent in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Windows 10 update keeps deleting NVIDIA display drivers - how to prevent ? After each Windows 10 update: 1) get the message "your display drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dragonxi4tenfor, Jun 27, 2016.

1. NVIDIA display drivers deleted by Windows 10 update - how to prevent

Windows 10 update keeps deleting NVIDIA display drivers - how to prevent ?

After each Windows 10 update:
    1) get the message "your display drivers have been updated, restart"
    2) after restart only one display is showing content - the other one is blank
    3) have poor, miserable relolution
    4) install NVIDIA display drivers
    5) restart
    6) re-organize my desktop in two monitors
    7) too often Windows 10 interrups NVIDIA display driver installation
    8) sometimes Windows 10 does allow NVIDIA install program to continue
    9) each time spend 3-4 hours extra time to get back with the working system

Notes:
    a) I will NEVER want MS display drivers because I have the ones from NVIDIA designed by NVIDIA
    b) trying to deny display driver update by Windows 10 has no effect
    c) saving the working system and recovering ti does not help because MS does not include device drivers
    to be part of working system
    d) new update in correct and guaranteed to embed MS trial to force user to use MS drivers instead of NVIDIA

Is there any WORKING methods to have NVIDIA display drivers serving two monitors ?

:)

dragonxi4tenfor, Jun 27, 2016

2. Preventing installation of problematic Nvidia video driver when installing Windows 10 Insider Preview 14342

Hello,

I am transitioning from Windows 10.0 Build 10240 to Windows 10 Insider Preview 14342

I have problems with an Nvidia driver (when activated, it causes startup BSODs). So, I am attempting to prevent its re-installation (after I delete it).

I find that there is a conflict between what Windows Update says and what the KB3073930 hide/unhide tool says. Despite using "hide" to try "hide" (i.e. prevent re-installation) the Nvidia driver, Windows Update still tells me it wants to install the Nvidia
    driver (this also happens after a computer restart).

I simply want to guarantee that the problematic Nvidia driver will never be installed again (I am using a laptop where its Intel video driver works but the Nvidia driver causes a BSOD).

My question is : despite using the tool KB3073930 to try "hide" (i.e. prevent future driver installations) the problematic Nvidia driver, will the installation process for Windows 10 Insider Preview 14342 look at the hardware as a "new installation" and
    then try re-install the problematic Nvidia driver?

Is there some other way to solve the problem and prevent Windows 10 from trying to install the problematic Nvidia driver?

Best regards,

Stephen

Dr Stephen Michelson, Jun 27, 2016
  3. DonHD Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu, Cortana, Edge and Store not working but trying to start!

I am still having problems with NVIDIA drivers and whenever Microsoft updates my display driver I have to delete the Display driver to recover use of Windows 10 apps. My hope Microsoft will contact NVIDIA and determine if their codes are stumbling over
    themselves. It may be a problem with the order of code installation.

DonHD, Jun 27, 2016
  4. NVIDIA display drivers deleted by Windows 10 update - how to prevent

The drivers that Windows 10 install are Nvidia drivers....they just aren't the absolute latest, since Nvidia updates often. On my tower, I don't see the same issues as you, but my solution is to run the Nvidia GeForce Experience tool. It will alert you to new driver versions and download them for you. There's no need or reason to spend hours arranging a desktop. If Windows Update is installing drivers, it means it found something newer than you had originally.

GeForce Experience Tweaks your Game Settings Automatically | GeForce

DeaconFrost, Jun 27, 2016
  5. Thanks!
    In my case Windows 10 replaces NVIDIA drivers with Microsoft Plug&Play monitor drivers which support only one monitor with poor resolution.

I get my working system back by manually installing the NVIDIA driver which supports both GPU cards and handles both monitors as well as run GPU computing.

The latest drivers from NVIDIA I'm not always able to have because the latest NVIDIA display driver may not properly
    support my configuration for which I have the working NVIDIA driver managing my configuration and having the features I need for this configuration.

To have the latest NVIDIA device drivers installed in some of my configurations would mean having the latest NVIDIA GPU cards
    inside those system which would be too expensive and overkill.

Goog tip in anycase, thanks!

dragonxi4tenfor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

NVIDIA display drivers deleted by Windows 10 update - how to prevent

1. NVIDIA display drivers deleted by Windows 10 update - how to prevent - Similar Threads - NVIDIA display drivers

2. Nvidia driver deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia driver deleted: Hi guys, I was trying to fix an issue with my Nvidia GPU and I deleted its driver instead of deactivating it in device manager. My biggest problem is that now I can't reinstall the driver, the Nvidia installer keep displays "this graphics driver could not find compatible...
  3. Nvidia driver deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia driver deleted: Hi guys, I was trying to fix an issue with my Nvidia GPU and I deleted its driver instead of deactivating it in device manager. My biggest problem is that now I can't reinstall the driver, the Nvidia installer keep displays "this graphics driver could not find compatible...
  4. Nvidia driver deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10: Intel, Nvidia & AMD display drivers updated

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Intel, Nvidia & AMD display drivers updated: Intel, Nvidia and AMD have published their September 2020 display drivers for Windows 10. If you’ve Windows 10 version 1809 or newer, you should be able to update your display drivers and grab the fixes or support for new games. Intel’s “unlocked” display driver for Windows...
  6. How to delete/ prevent automatic windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to delete/ prevent automatic windows 10 1903 update: So Im currently on version 1803 and I would like to keep it that way. Unfortunately windows downloaded 1903 and is prompting me to restart in order to install it. How do I delete the update, and prevent it from updating automatically updating in the future? 164314
  7. How to prevent automatic install of nvidia display driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to prevent automatic install of nvidia display driver: I recently moved from nvidia to AMD but windows update still install nvidia display driver! how to prevent that ? 148594
  8. Windows Update continuously deletes/ breaks Nvidia drivers

Windows Update continuously deletes/ breaks Nvidia drivers: Fix your stuff, this is super unprofessional. It's happened 3 times now, I searched and I am not the only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-continuously-deletes-breaks-nvidia/cd004605-cbb9-42d5-b946-57ac37def8c0
  9. nvidia display driver error

nvidia display driver error: I installed new gpu but driver failed two times I don't have oem machine still standard driver did not work why dch driver worked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-display-driver-error/f30b7b9c-a5b2-4c88-aa33-891ba4e2129f
  10. How to prevent Nvidia drivers from reinstalling?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to prevent Nvidia drivers from reinstalling?: Hello, In a previous thread, I described a problem I had where my USB mouse and keyboard would freeze frequently. I could not unfreeze a USB port, but mouse and keyboard would work if I changed ports. It was suggested that I completely uninstall all Nvidia drivers and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvdia deleted after windows update