Windows 10: NVIDIA Display settings are not available

Discus and support NVIDIA Display settings are not available in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I know this isn't a Windows problem, but I feel like this is the best forum for me to post in since I got a great and fast response for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by coolsong2, Dec 23, 2016.

1. coolsong2 Win User

NVIDIA Display settings are not available

Hi everyone,

I know this isn't a Windows problem, but I feel like this is the best forum for me to post in since I got a great and fast response for my problem last time.

When I try to open my NVIDIA Control Panel, it always gives me the message:

"NVIDIA Display settings are not available.
    You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU."

I have a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB.

In other threads that I have looked through, the solution is mostly that the display is plugged into the motherboard. But in my case, as you can see on the attached picture, my motherboard only has a DVA slot.

I don't understand a lot about computers and hardware things, but I definitely know I have a graphics card.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

:)

coolsong2, Dec 23, 2016

2. NVIDIA Display settings are not available

If the driver is not working properly or misbehaving, you can run our utility called
    Driver Verifier. Visit this thread:
    Driver Verifier-- tracking down a misbehaving driver created by
    ZigZag3143 our MVP. This thread has a detailed explanation on how to run this tool to detect incompatibility issues of your hardware or drivers with your computer.

In addition, you can download and run our easy fix solutions from this link:
    How to use Microsoft easy fix solutions
    . Once there, click the Find and fix problems with devices and hardware
    hyperlink. Download and run it to start the troubleshooting.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Johann Eva, Dec 23, 2016
  3. NVIDIA Display Settings Are Not Available

I keep getting this error message. My Dad put a computer together several months ago and it has had problems since the beginning. My games have always had strong lag especially the more advanced ones. From what I can tell, it is using the onboard graphics
    card instead of my NVIDIA card. I'm not sure what details are relevant but the card is a NVIDIA GTX 1070. I have searched extensively to solve it. I have tried changing the primary display in BIOS, I updated the latest drivers, I tried a clean install of
    the drivers, I made sure the wires were plugged in correctly, going into services, disabling the Intel Graphics Card Program, and many more things. I am at a loss at what to do.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

JacobSmith3, Dec 23, 2016
  4. Asuza Win User

Hello,

Press WIN + R to open a run dialog.
    Type in "winver"

and check if your Windows 10 version is above 1511.

Asuza, Dec 23, 2016
  5. coolsong2 Win User
    It says it's 1607.

coolsong2, Dec 23, 2016
  6. Asuza Win User
    Maybe you should disable Intel Integrated Graphics through the BIOS.

The manual from your motherboard should contain instructions on how to do that. Or look for the option by yourself.

NVIDIA Display settings are not available [​IMG]

This is your graphics card.

Asuza, Dec 23, 2016
  7. EdTittel Win User
    OTOH, you could check Device Manager to see what graphics adapter it thinks you are using. If Asuza is correct, it will show up as the onboard adapter rather than the external PCIe card. My best guess is that you are using the card, but something is wrong with the driver. This will tell you what's what:

Thus, for example, this shows my old but still capable 7xx card at work.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 23, 2016
  8. coolsong2 Win User

It shows both the "Intel(R) HD Graphics 530" and "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti"

coolsong2, Dec 23, 2016
  9. EdTittel Win User
    Then perhaps Asuza is correct, and you need to figure out how to switch over from the Intel HD graphics to your external card at the BIOS level. I have integrated graphics on all of my desktops, and those with external graphics cards turned on and working do not show the built-in graphics circuitry in Device Manager unless I opt to "Show hidden devices." Interesting! Most modern motherboards switch off the built-in graphics as soon as they detect a PCIe graphics card plugged into the bus. What motherboard is your system using?
    If it's just a BIOS change, this should be pretty easy to do. We can look it up in your motherboard manual, if you'll tell us what you've got.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 23, 2016
  10. coolsong2 Win User
    I have the ASUS H110M-R Motherboard.

coolsong2, Dec 23, 2016
  11. coolsong2 Win User
    I also looked through Google and it said I should just disable it from the Device Manager. I did, but the error still comes up when I open the NVIDIA Control Panel. I looked at a video of disabling it from BIOS, but the layout is completely different from the Windows 10 one. If you can help with this or I can look into it further on Google.

coolsong2, Dec 23, 2016
  12. Asuza Win User
    Could you take a picture of your bios and upload it here? We can guide you through the process of disabling Integrated Graphics and forcing PCIe in the bios with your help of providing us screenshots. Perhaps login to tenforums with your mobile so you don't have to restart your PC the whole time.

Edit: I'm going offline soon. I'll be here tomorrow morning again to assist you *Smile

Asuza, Dec 23, 2016
  13. coolsong2 Win User

coolsong2, Dec 23, 2016
  14. Asuza Win User
    The option should be under the Advanced mode (F7) and then

1) Systems Agent Config.
    2) Graphics Config / Initiate Graphics Adapter (or something like that).2.1) Set to PCI-E.3) Disable "iGPU Multi Monitor"
    4) Save changes & Reboot.

Asuza, Dec 24, 2016
  15. EdTittel Win User
    Great Job, Asuza! I was MIA for the holidays for a while, so you beat me to the punch. That should be exactly what the OP needs.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 24, 2016
Thema:

1. NVIDIA Display settings are not available - Similar Threads - NVIDIA Display settings

2. nvidia display settings missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia display settings missing: nvidia control panel is missing display settings, in my laptop it only shows 3d settings and developer, please help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-display-settings-missing/ba56fe5e-c634-4b39-8615-3989020c0a5d
  3. nvidia display settings missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia display settings missing: nvidia control panel is missing display settings, in my laptop it only shows 3d settings and developer, please help thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-display-settings-missing/ba56fe5e-c634-4b39-8615-3989020c0a5d
  4. nvidia display settings missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nvidia control panel display settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia control panel display settings: When I go into nvidia control panel the display settings are missing on my laptopSpecs: RTX 3060 I7 12700K 16GB RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel-display-settings/d70a1a10-16c5-47ae-b63e-a9bf5b1c27e9
  6. Nvidia control panel display settings

Nvidia control panel display settings: When I go into nvidia control panel the display settings are missing on my laptopSpecs: RTX 3060 I7 12700K 16GB RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel-display-settings/d70a1a10-16c5-47ae-b63e-a9bf5b1c27e9
  7. NVIDIA Display settings are not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Display settings are not available: Hello, so I've just made the big jump for my old lap top and old windows and happily upgraded to Win10. The problems started before that also I have no idea when and where exactly I screwed thing up. I wanted to see if my Nvidia control panel is ok since I haven't opened it...
  8. NVIDIA Display settings are not available

NVIDIA Display settings are not available: Hello, so I've just made the big jump for my old lap top and old windows and happily upgraded to Win10. The problems started before that also I have no idea when and where exactly I screwed thing up. I wanted to see if my Nvidia control panel is ok since I haven't opened it...
  9. NVIDIA Display settings are not available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. NVIDIA Display settings are not available in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Display settings are not available in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When it comes to select a GPU or a Graphics card for our system, the first option we always go for is NVIDIA. It is […] This article NVIDIA Display settings are not available in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia display settings are not available