Windows 10: Nvidia driver crashes the system after bios reset?

Discus and support Nvidia driver crashes the system after bios reset? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I was having a problem with my laptop bios, and i had to reflash the bios/reset all bios setting. After that every time i want to install Nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Ela7mady, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Ela7mady Win User

Nvidia driver crashes the system after bios reset?

I was having a problem with my laptop bios, and i had to reflash the bios/reset all bios setting.

After that every time i want to install Nvidia driver the system hangs and enters a boot loop..

I've tried to reinstall windows 10 4 times now, each time i install intel graphics drivers with no problems but when begin to install the Nvidia it process to about 15-20% of installation and this problem happens.

Did the bios reflashing messed the Nvidia hw drivers or what, any suggestions??

Laptop : Lenovo Z50-70
    Specs : Core I7 - 16G Ram - Nvidia 840m 4G

:)

Ela7mady, Feb 17, 2017

2. BSOD with multiple causes

Hi,

After update BIOS to 2011 and Nvidia driver to newest version (388.71)

My PC is still crashed with error code is MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Here is minidump file of that:

Minidump file

Thanks for your support.

Quang Nhật Đặng, Feb 17, 2017
  3. BSOD with multiple causes

The crashes are being caused by Nvidia driver-which is expected as you said your system is crashing frequently after installing Video Card.

First thing is this is a pretty old hardware.

Second, update the BIOS to 2011 one: ASRock > M3A790GMH/128M

Third:

Completely remove everything from Nvidia using DDU and install the newest copy of the driver available.

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.8.6

You can head to Nvidia to get the newest driver.

Let us know if you require any assistance.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 17, 2017
  4. bobkn Win User

bobkn, Feb 18, 2017
  5. *Ditto With dual graphics like that, I'd also recommend trying the manufacturers driver first. Installing separate Intel and NVidia drivers may be the issue. The OEM often modifies the driver package for that specific make model and the hardware in it.

alphanumeric, Feb 19, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    Why were you messing with the UEFI/BIOS ? Lenovo gives the details of what a UEFI/BIOS update does.

I'm using a dual graphics Laptop now and all the updates come from MS and they installed correctly in the correct order automatically on a re-install of Windows 10. Subsequent updates to the Intel integrated graphic drivers and Nvidia drivers came from MS, no problems.

In general you will be prevented from using Notebook drivers downloaded from Nvidia.

You get Graphics drivers from Lenovo. The ones they show are reasonably new. Once you have those installed then later you may get updates to both from MS.

You can see what has happened in the Events Tab of Graphics driver properties, of each, if you want to know.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Nvidia driver crashes the system after bios reset? - Similar Threads - Nvidia driver crashes

2. Continuous crashes after a failed NVIDIA Driver installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuous crashes after a failed NVIDIA Driver installation.: After restarting the Laptop by force during Nvidia driver update, windows seem to crash into a Blue Screen.While finishing up the Nvidia driver update through Geforce Experience my laptop froze. I restarted it with the power button. However, now the Laptop crashes after a...
  3. Continuous crashes after a failed NVIDIA Driver installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous crashes after a failed NVIDIA Driver installation.: After restarting the Laptop by force during Nvidia driver update, windows seem to crash into a Blue Screen.While finishing up the Nvidia driver update through Geforce Experience my laptop froze. I restarted it with the power button. However, now the Laptop crashes after a...
  4. Continuous crashes after a failed NVIDIA Driver installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Nvidia OpenGL Driver crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia OpenGL Driver crashing: Hello,I've been getting crashes constantly while playing games due to the Nvidia drivers crashing.I have tried many drivers using DDU but the crashes stayed. So, it is not a heating problem and not a driver issue.Any Help?Here are the Event Viewer error logs:1* The...
  6. Unable to update AMD Chipset/ Nvidia drivers without system crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to update AMD Chipset/ Nvidia drivers without system crash: Here is my current build: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard Memory: G.Skill RipJaws V Series 16GB 2 x 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 3600 CL16-19-19-39 1.35V Storage: SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive...
  7. Nvidia Driver Crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Driver Crashed: My Nvidia Graphics Card Driver crashed when i playing games and Device Manager show code43,some game showing out of video memory and some showing DirectX error tried at another computer also same.Then i restart my pc and its back to normal,also working normally if i doesn't...
  8. Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.: Hey guys, So i recently had to reformat my pc back to Base Windows 10. I've been trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 since my laptop doesn't have any of these installed anymore, but when I click the .exe nothing happens. At the same time, if I try to install an...
  9. Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.: Hey guys, So i recently had to reformat my pc back to Base Windows 10. I've been trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 since my laptop doesn't have any of these installed anymore, but when I click the .exe nothing happens. At the same time, if I try to install an...
  10. Whenever i install nvidia driver the system crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whenever i install nvidia driver the system crashes: Whenever i install nvidia driver the system crashes when i install nvidia version 362 it crashes with a BSOD with "system thread exception not handled" failed : nvlddmkm.sys and when i install the latest version 375 it crashes with a BSOD with "dpc watchdog violation" 70533