Windows 10: Nvidia Driver Crashing - Two Display - Tried Multiple Solutions

Discus and support Nvidia Driver Crashing - Two Display - Tried Multiple Solutions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 and since have been having problems with my Nvidia graphics drivers crashing when I try to put anything in full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by doctasarge, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Nvidia Driver Crashing - Two Display - Tried Multiple Solutions

Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 and since have been having problems with my Nvidia graphics drivers crashing when I try to put anything in full screen mode on my second monitor. The computer would crash and eventually give me an error that graphics driver had crashed and recovered or that only the Microsoft basics driver is now being used. If I try to put anything in full screen on my primary monitor, the monitor goes black until I exit fullscreen.

I have read through multiple similar posts about this problem for others who seem to have found solutions. I tried to follow all of these different solutions but the problem persists.

What I've done:

• I installed Display Driver Uninstaller
    • did a safe mode clean install restarted
    • downloaded the newest Nvidia driver updater (364.51-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql)
    • installed a custom install with a clean install (currently have driver version 364.51 for my GeForce GTX 660)
    • told windows not to auto update
    • told Nvidia not to auto update.

I am thinking that perhaps I need a legacy driver...? Any suggestions? Thanks!

:)

doctasarge, Aug 1, 2016

2. windows 10 and nvidia gtx 960m issue.

Hello guys! I've bought this laptop from amazon (ASUS ROG G551JW) a about two months ago and ever since I have had problems with the laptop. First and foremost is the graphical display, for every game I play the graphic
    processor displays a large amount of artifacts in which eventually the graphic card fails, crashes the game and sometimes a BSOD.

Specs:

Windows 10 64bit.

16gb Ram()

1TB SSHD 7200 RPM

i7 4720-HQ 2.6 ghz

NVIDIA GTX 960m 2GB GDDR5

Things I have tried:

1. Reinstall windows.

2. Uninstalled all Nvidia drivers.

3. Update to the latest Nvidia driver.

4. Regedit TdrDelay and set to 8 seconds.

5. Set Nvidia to run at max performance, no vysync and nvidia physx in Graphic control panel.

6. Reinstalled drivers given by Original Equipment Manufacture.

7. Disabled Fast start up.

Errors that still persist.

Nvidia driver has stopped working and recovered.

Graphical Artifacts during gameplay or any application running an nvidia graphics processor.

BSOD VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE_nvlddmkm-sys.

In short. The gtx 960m sometimes begins to display artifacts that crash the driver and eventually bsod. This happens when an app or a game is being launched.
    Update: Latest nvidia driver from asus rog OEM. 353.62

AlanNg_709, Aug 1, 2016
  3. PC crashes randomly

Two things:

The Crash dumps blame Nvidia Driver for the crash.

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys

Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+15fb0c )

Completely remove everything from Nvidia using DDU and install the newest copy of the driver available.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-dri...

You can head either to Nvidia or the manufacturer of your device to get the newest driver.

2nd Thing is a processor observing a BUS error:

BUSLG_OBS_ERR_*_NOTIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 4)

This is due to a bug in recent updates. Turning Fast Startup off should resolve this.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 1, 2016
Thema:

Nvidia Driver Crashing - Two Display - Tried Multiple Solutions

1. Nvidia Driver Crashing - Two Display - Tried Multiple Solutions - Similar Threads - Nvidia Driver Crashing

2. Solution: Troubleshooting Multiple Displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solution: Troubleshooting Multiple Displays: I had an issue where Windows 10 suddenly lost my second monitor and could not detect it. My primary display was rendered by my graphics card, and the second display, which I lost, was rendered by my CPU Intel i9. Here are the things I tried that DID NOT work:Hitting "Detect"...
  3. Solution: Troubleshooting Multiple Displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution: Troubleshooting Multiple Displays: I had an issue where Windows 10 suddenly lost my second monitor and could not detect it. My primary display was rendered by my graphics card, and the second display, which I lost, was rendered by my CPU Intel i9. Here are the things I tried that DID NOT work:Hitting "Detect"...
  4. Solution: Troubleshooting Multiple Displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Nvidia OpenGL Driver crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia OpenGL Driver crashing: Hello,I've been getting crashes constantly while playing games due to the Nvidia drivers crashing.I have tried many drivers using DDU but the crashes stayed. So, it is not a heating problem and not a driver issue.Any Help?Here are the Event Viewer error logs:1* The...
  6. Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?: I noticed that windows update keeps trying to install this driver "NVIDIA - Display - 26.21.14.3200 (2)" which seems to be dated around October 2019 or December 2019. Does anyone know why windows does this and how to stop it? I do actually have some vsync issues where vsync...
  7. Nvidia Driver Crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Driver Crashed: My Nvidia Graphics Card Driver crashed when i playing games and Device Manager show code43,some game showing out of video memory and some showing DirectX error tried at another computer also same.Then i restart my pc and its back to normal,also working normally if i doesn't...
  8. nvidia display driver error

nvidia display driver error: I installed new gpu but driver failed two times I don't have oem machine still standard driver did not work why dch driver worked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-display-driver-error/f30b7b9c-a5b2-4c88-aa33-891ba4e2129f
  9. BOOTMGR missing (Tried multiple solutions)

in Windows 10 Support
    BOOTMGR missing (Tried multiple solutions): I use windows 10, i tried installing ubuntu on this system and it has been since that i have been experiencing this error. Simply put, I am able to use this computer with UEFI boot but not legacy boot. Whenever i try to use legacy boot I get an error saying "BOOTMGR...
  10. NVIDIA Graphics driver UPDATE and CRASHING issues? Try this...

NVIDIA Graphics driver UPDATE and CRASHING issues? Try this...: I have repeatedly attempted to update my Nvidia graphics drivers through the Nvidia Experience program that is designed to update the drivers. I have never had the program complete successfully once since I started using Windows 10 for the past several YEARS. I have...