Windows 10: Nvidia Driver Fails to Update

Discus and support Nvidia Driver Fails to Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm having an issue with windows update. I have an Nvidia driver for my GTX275 that keeps failing to update. This has stopped all other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Teilani, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Teilani Win User

Nvidia Driver Fails to Update

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with windows update. I have an Nvidia driver for my GTX275 that keeps failing to update. This has stopped all other pending updates. I have since disabled Windows from getting driver updates but I can't figure out how to get Windows to ignore the current Nvidia driver update that's trying to install. This is of course still preventing me from getting updates currently.

I wanted to keep my post short and sweet, if more info is need please feel free to ask. Also I already have a decoded update log ready to go if anyone wants to see it.

Thank you

Window 10 Build 10240

:)

Teilani, Dec 31, 2015
  2. t_paps Win User

Failed installing of Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3213986) - Error 0x80072af9

Has anyone found a fix for this? Having the same problem. I tried updating my Nvidia drivers and it failed. The drivers got messed up from the failed update which forced me to uninstall the drivers. Now I can no longer install any Nvidia drivers, as the
    installer fails every time. I am extremely frustrated with this.

t_paps, Dec 31, 2015
  3. NVIDIA driver fails to update after upgrade to windows 10

Hi

after upgrading to windows 10, and after running windows update I receive "NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M - Error 0x80070425"

Screen resolution is limited to 1280*720 which was not the case before upgrade

the other problem which I believe related that movie maker reject to start although my notebook specifications are alright (TOSHIBA COSMIO F60-122)

Thanks

Joe

shobyskeros, Dec 31, 2015
  4. Nvidia Driver Fails to Update

Hi,
    Microsoft has released a tool that hides an update in case if it fails or giving you troubles.
    Download it here:
    Download Windows 10 Updates Troubleshooter Tool from Microsoft
    let us know how it goes, feel free for any other assistance

Sumit Dhiman, Dec 31, 2015
  5. XweAponX Win User
    It's better to do any NVidia or GeForce updates directly through them rather than let Windows do it, they constantly offer the wrong update package for a particular Graphics card, and you end up having to roll back the update anyway. Usually there is an app called GEforce Experience that detects the new updates for you and allows you to install them at your leisure.

XweAponX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Nvidia Driver Fails to Update

1. Nvidia Driver Fails to Update - Similar Threads - Nvidia Driver Fails

2. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.: SPECS:BIOS : Up to date; A24NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB4x2 8GB Ram DDR3L@1600MHzIntel Core i7-4600U 2 Cores 4 Threads @2.10GHz - 2.70GHz466GB HDDWindows 10 Pro x64 22H2 - 19045.3086Dell Latitude E5540Hello! I was installing NVIDIA Drivers on my laptop, when i get following...
  3. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.: SPECS:BIOS : Up to date; A24NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB4x2 8GB Ram DDR3L@1600MHzIntel Core i7-4600U 2 Cores 4 Threads @2.10GHz - 2.70GHz466GB HDDWindows 10 Pro x64 22H2 - 19045.3086Dell Latitude E5540Hello! I was installing NVIDIA Drivers on my laptop, when i get following...
  4. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  6. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  7. Nvidia driver failed to be installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia driver failed to be installed: I have a notebook with NVIDIA GEFORCE 930MX. After the latest windows update, NVIDIA asked for driver update. the driver failed to be installed. After that may NVIDIA doesn't come up or active. i searched the device manager and found my NVIDIA device as an other device....
  8. updating nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    updating nvidia drivers: my laptop is alienware 17 r5 i9 and it has nvidia geforce gtx 1080 graphics card. i am currently on windows 10 build 1809 is having the latest windows build a requirement to install new drivers? i asked a nvidia support agent about that. he said that the new drivers are...
  9. Nvidia Driver Installation Failed

Nvidia Driver Installation Failed: It seems my 1050ti is not being recognized, I tried many nvidia drivers and still nothing. I did used DDU and even windows update doesn't work. Whenever its installing, it shows my GPU but then it disappears into being a display with a warning symbol. DxDiag.txt 126280
  10. loop nVidia driver update; install and fail

loop nVidia driver update; install and fail: Every time I start my PC, Windows tries to install an nVidia driver, and every time fails to do so. I like to stop this continuous loop. Everything on my PC works fine, the standard Windows updates never give problems and I am satisfied with the present nVidia driver. Any...