Windows 10: NVIDIA driver not working after Windows upgrade

Discus and support NVIDIA driver not working after Windows upgrade in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I did a thread before about the Intel driver breaking after every reboot, but this is a different issue. My NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M driver has not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by allam447635, Aug 8, 2018.

1. NVIDIA driver not working after Windows upgrade

I did a thread before about the Intel driver breaking after every reboot, but this is a different issue. My NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M driver has not worked since I was upgraded from Windows 10 1703 to 1803 (it somehow worked on Monday (August 6) though, but it broke when I rebooted my computer). In the Device Manager it shows as a code 43. I have seemingly tried every fix in the books, but to no avail. I tried:

Disabling the driver, doing a hard shutdown, then restarting and re-enabling the driver
    Uninstalling the driver, and then reinstalling it
    Running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter (which resulted in "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem")
    Updating the driver (there are no updates for my driver)

As I have already said, none of those worked. Rolling back the driver wasn't an option either. What can I do?

:)

allam447635, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 upgrade & Nvidia GTX 660 - Windows will not install nVidia drivers

Thank you Pavan for the reply.

I tried your suggestion step-by-step. It did not allow me to install the nvidia drivers correctly.

I did notice something interesting, which would make one think the clean boot should work:

After this process didn't result in the current nvidia drivers being installed (nor my 2nd monitor), I restored back to a point before I tried. I decided to run the DDU utility and wipe the nvidia software from the system. In the process to do this, the
    DDU utility restarts in SAFE MODE. When in safe mode, the display defaults to a native 1920x1080 resolution.

I even search the registry for nvidia, and deleted all the stuff that had nvidia and was related to graphics. Still didn't work.

Unless you have some other suggestions, my last resort would be to back up my data, and try to do a windows 10 installation clean. I found this article and may be trying this:

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

-Steven

StevenHuskins, Aug 8, 2018
  4. NVIDIA driver not working after Windows upgrade

NVidia driver doesnt work

Hi Haydar,

Welcome thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

It appears that the drivers might be incompatible with Windows 10.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the drivers.

1. Type "devmgmt.msc" in start search box and hit Enter.

2. In device manager, expand NVidia driver.

3. Right click on it, click on Uninstall.

Step 2: Install the driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select previous
      the version of Windows from the drop down list.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

NVIDIA driver not working after Windows upgrade

1. NVIDIA driver not working after Windows upgrade - Similar Threads - NVIDIA driver working

2. NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly: I have the Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super driver, and it usually has code 43 error on it. My Geforce Experience is unable to identify that I have the game ready driver that it wants me to download and so it keeps prompting me to download it over and over again. My Nvidia...
  3. NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly: I have the Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super driver, and it usually has code 43 error on it. My Geforce Experience is unable to identify that I have the game ready driver that it wants me to download and so it keeps prompting me to download it over and over again. My Nvidia...
  4. Nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia driver: I need help getting nvidia graphics card but i can't find a compatible nvidia driver on my windows 10 build 1909 please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-driver/068fb55a-829b-4f84-970a-9685b9e5ea56
  5. Nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia driver: There are 2 types of drivers for nvidia graphics card, dch and standard. What are the difference ? I am confuse and which what should I use ? 166926
  6. Bluetooth driver not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Bluetooth driver not working after upgrading to Windows 10: Hi, I upgraded my Windows from 7 to 10 last week. Since then my Bluetooth driver has been giving problems. Please note the following: 1. I have Windows 10 Home 64-bit 2. Windows is updated I have nothing to update in Windows update 3. I have already tried reinstalling...
  7. nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    nvidia drivers: nvidia drivers not installing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-drivers/5af9a81e-c835-4a7c-a508-8427ade22dee
  8. USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed

USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed: Since i upgrade to windwos 10, i have problems with my usb ports, any device I plug it keeps conecting and desconecting, (mouse dont do that, it seems only high powered devices cause the problem) i need to connect a powered usb hub to use this devices, trying to figure what...
  9. Nvidia Driver

Nvidia Driver: Nvidia display driver problem[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-driver/84d9bcd2-a355-4024-9f1a-d8583b87b57f
  10. Nvidia Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Driver: I'm a bit confused. I have the latest Nvidia driver installed but WU has come up today telling me to install Nvidia driver update for Nvidia High Definition Audio. At 264Mb I'm not sure if this is the video driver or for audio. I don't use their audio anyway as I have a good...