Windows 10: NVIDIA Drivers freeze (black screen) WIndows 10 Pro

Discus and support NVIDIA Drivers freeze (black screen) WIndows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Since I installed windows 10 Pro on my machine I have often had this problem, using the PC in a completely random way, the screen turns off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FA78, Aug 4, 2018.

1. FA78 Win User

NVIDIA Drivers freeze (black screen) WIndows 10 Pro

Hello,

Since I installed windows 10 Pro on my machine I have often had this problem, using the PC in a completely random way, the screen turns off and the keyboard freezes and I have to switch off the machine and restart it.

With version 1709 and official NVIDIA Drivers (by deactivating the automatic updates of the drivers from windows update), I managed to solve the problem.

Unfortunately last month with the 1803 update the problem came back, I tried all the NVIDIA versions compatible with my system (including the drivers that worked with the 1709), but nothing has solved the problem. I also tried a clean installation, same problem.

Here the characteristics of my PC:
    MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P5NE-SLI
    CPU: PENTIUM DUAL CORE 3.2GHZ
    RAM: 8GB
    VIDEO: ASUS GEFORCE GT 730 4GB DDR3

Currently I have the latest drivers detected by windows update (NVIDIA 391.35) compatible with my system.

Unfortunately I think it is a problem of compatibility of windows, as I have in the same machine (on another disk) a version of Ubuntu 16.04 64bit LTS with official NVIDIA drivers installed, and never crashes, and as previously mentioned, with the version 1709 I had solved the problem (unfortunately, windows forcibly updates after a certain amount of time).

Can you tell me a solution or if in the next windows updates the problem could be solved definitively? otherwise I will have no other solution than to leave windows until I can buy a new PC.

Regards.

:)

FA78, Aug 4, 2018
  2. hazzz Win User

nvidia geforce 341.02 driver causes black screen

I am also having the same problem, ie. black screen. I am using an alienware M11x laptop and Geforce nvidia 342.01 driver. (Until now I couldnt find a solution)For the past 1 month, I have been looking for a solution in the internet and havent found one, although there are varieties of solutions have been offered and I have tried all those solutions, but none works on my laptop. Most of them suggest to reboot to safe mode, and after that use DDU to uninstall and clean all Nvidia driver related files in the system, and perform a custom install of the driver (Perform Clean Install). I have done that and once it is finished installing the driver, it reboots and there it goes again, BLACK SCREEN. Now I am using the standard Intel HD driver, very standard one.Appreciate any info to solve this. Thanks.

hazzz, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Unable to install AMD display driver due to Black screen

I own a r9 270x and while i was playing dota 2 my AMD driver 15.11.1 beta crimson crashed while freezing my system on windows 10 pro x64 bit , i rebooted the system and greeted with a black screen without any cursor or anything else just after the windows boot screen the system just freezes and i am unable to perform another task since there is only black screen. I rebooted my system in safe mode and quickly removed the AMD driver using DDU which at least gave me a display with default Microsoft display adapter , but now whenever i try to install any of the AMD driver i get a black screen during the installation and the system freezes , i am always left with a option to reboot my system in safe mode in order remove the driver using DDU . I have been gaming with this GPU since 3 years and all drivers were working fine with good performance at all these Operating systems previously but since this issue i am unable to use my GPU due to this black screen which freezes and crashes my windows Things which i have tried are :
    1. Restoring my windows to previous restore point ( still got black screen after boot )
    2. Trying different previous and newer versions of AMD drivers including ( 15.12 crimson, 15.7.1, 15.8 beta , 14.12 , 13.9 , 15.11) still got black screen while installation of driver
    3. Switching my windows to windows 7 x64 , windows 8.1 pro x64, windows 10 x64 , windows 10 x32 bit ( still got black screen while the installation of AMD driver )
    Right now my system specifications are My PC specification is Intel 4th generation 4570 Core i5 3.2 GHz Intel DB85FL motherboard 8 gb RAM Crosair VS650 650 watt Please give me a solution Thank you

Faisal Ashraf, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Black Screen, Screen Flickers, Random Freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Refer the link below and check if it helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. NVIDIA Drivers freeze (black screen) WIndows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - NVIDIA Drivers freeze

2. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  3. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  4. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  5. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  6. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 black screen after NVIDIA drivers are downloaded. RTX2060

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen after NVIDIA drivers are downloaded. RTX2060: Hi,I freshly installed Windows 10 and as soon as display drivers get downloaded my screen goes black and after rebooting I can't get through the windows loading screen.After I restart the computer and restore the version on "Troubleshooting->Advanced options->System restore"....
  8. NVIDIA Driver installation freezing laptop/causing black screen

NVIDIA Driver installation freezing laptop/causing black screen: Hello, I have had my Alienware M15 R2 with 2070 Max Q for over 6 months. But last week, my laptop crashed to a sky blue BSOD while gaming. Since then, I have been unable to completely recover my Laptop. I have tried many many times. The hardware diagnostics is clean and...
  9. Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out: I"m not getting a BSOD, but the system is recording all sorts of errors and warnings, so hopefully this is the right place... Windows 10 Pro, EVGA Geforce 970 GTX. Winver SAYS it’s running 1803. I GENERALLY try to keep the nvidia drivers current, but that may have been a...
  10. Possible NVIDIA Driver Freezing (With no NVIDIA card)

Possible NVIDIA Driver Freezing (With no NVIDIA card): Hello, I have had Windows 10 pretty much since official release- and it's great! One problem however; it seems to crash every now and then. By crash, I mean the computer freezes up (No BSOD) and I can't move mouse nor turn num-lock off... The only option is to force shut...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver gtx 670 windows 10 Black screen

2. nvidia driver black screen windows 10

3. 270x freeze driver black solved

4. nvidia drivers black screen windows 10