Windows 10: Nvidia drivers won't install and causing reboots with no BSOD.

Discus and support Nvidia drivers won't install and causing reboots with no BSOD. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Bit of a long story but I'll try to be clear as I can be. So yesterday my system was working just fine, had windows 10 installed for a month. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by niemad, Sep 22, 2015.

1. niemad Win User

Nvidia drivers won't install and causing reboots with no BSOD.

Bit of a long story but I'll try to be clear as I can be.

So yesterday my system was working just fine, had windows 10 installed for a month. When I first install windows 10 the first nvidia driver I tried kept crashing. Change it to another version and everything was just fine.

I had been asked to get photos off a friend old hard drive, which I went and tried. My computer didn't like this at all, it booted past the BIOS and stayed at a black screen then restarted. Touching the old hard drive I could feel there was no spin up in the disk so I turned off the power and took out the old hard drive as I presumed it was dead.

I then tried to boot up my pc to windows which worked for a few minutes, turned on a game and the screen went black and then the beep from going past the BIOS sounded. Got back into windows and left it running for a while and a black screen came up again, only a browser running, and finally the black screen went away with a error message saying the graphics card driver had stopped working.... This happened a few times more till the computer restarted again with no notice and went into a recovery loop.

I tried a few different methods to recover the system, from startup repair to hard reset. Neither worked and I had to download a iso of windows 10 and do a clean installation. So back in windows 10 and now trying to get graphics drivers installed the driver crashes as soon as it installs and hangs on the nvidia hd audio. I have tried a few different versions of the drivers and they have all done the same thing.

Going to try and install windows 7 again and see if it is a window 10/ nvidia drivers or my graphics card.

:)

niemad, Sep 22, 2015

2. Getting BSODs - Can't log in.

I just updated the NVIDIA graphic driver to version 372.70 and immediately gets the BSoD "VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL" every time I log in to my computer.

Rolling back with system restore fixed it.

So to conclude it must be the NVIDIA driver causing this BSoD behavior.

How can I fix this so it won't happen again??

Asger Nørgaard, Sep 22, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Getting blue screen error: Stop code System Thread Exception Not Handled (failed nvlddmkm.sys )

This BSOD/Error is caused by your nVidia Graphics Card Driver, best option is to go to the nVidia Website and download the latest driver for the particular nVidia card on your system and install it . . .

I Hope this Helps Resolve this Issue for You!

DaveM121, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

Nvidia drivers won't install and causing reboots with no BSOD.

1. Nvidia drivers won't install and causing reboots with no BSOD. - Similar Threads - Nvidia drivers won't

2. Nvidia game ready driver won't install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia game ready driver won't install: Yet another PC problem. The latest Nvidia Game Ready driver won't install. I keep getting the message "installation can't continue; an error occurred". Tried everything I saw online and am wondering if my RTX 2060 is just too outdated. Can someone please help me? Can I even...
  3. Nvidia game ready driver won't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia game ready driver won't install: Yet another PC problem. The latest Nvidia Game Ready driver won't install. I keep getting the message "installation can't continue; an error occurred". Tried everything I saw online and am wondering if my RTX 2060 is just too outdated. Can someone please help me? Can I even...
  4. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop: I attempted to update my Nvidia gpu drivers and as soon as they finished updating I received a BSoD with code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA listing what failed as nviddmkm.sys I know this is an issue with the latest Nvidia driver but I performed a clean install. I cannot load...
  5. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop: I attempted to update my Nvidia gpu drivers and as soon as they finished updating I received a BSoD with code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA listing what failed as nviddmkm.sys I know this is an issue with the latest Nvidia driver but I performed a clean install. I cannot load...
  6. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Nvidia driver install causing BSOD on Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nvidia driver install causing BSOD on Win10: Hi all,I've been having issues installing a driver for the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 on my laptop. I had to do a clean Win10 reinstall 2 weeks ago, and since then I could not manage to install the driver. After some googling I found the Driver Verifier thread, and after running...
  8. BSOD when installing nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when installing nvidia drivers: Earlier I was trying to update to Nvidia's new driver when the installation was almost at its end my pc crashed and kept giving me BSOD. After trying everything from system recovery I had to install clean windows but now I can't seem to install my GPU driver even the old ones...
  9. BSOD caused by NVIDIA Driver?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD caused by NVIDIA Driver?: So i was playing vrchat and a couple weeks ago i updated my driver to 457.09 not important now but later.So i was playing VRChat for the first time since updating my driver and i went into the game and ran straight into a BSOD.Now this kinda scared me, since the last time i...
  10. Nvidia drivers causing BSoD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia drivers causing BSoD?: I just installed the game readyNvidia drivers for gtx 1070 on my PC. I played Some games after, but suddenly, my PC froze and i restarted it often, but it just stopped while loading Windows 10. After Some restarts BSoD "Critical process died" appeared. I cant Start in...