Windows 10: Nvidia Ends Support for Fermi-based GPUs

Discus and support Nvidia Ends Support for Fermi-based GPUs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Effective April 2018, Game Ready Driver upgrades, including performance enhancements, new features, and bug fixes, will be available only on Kepler,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Faith, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Faith Win User

Nvidia Ends Support for Fermi-based GPUs

Faith, Apr 8, 2018
  2. eracet Win User

Multiple monitors setup help needed Windows 10 updated

I did some more research and found out it has to do with the 2 graphic cards.

One running a fermi processor and one running on a Maxwell.

The best resolution I did was installing a driver that I had on my PC left from December of 2014 and that worked ok.

Here is the information that I found that will explain.

NVIDIA provides Windows 10 driver support for our Maxwell, Kepler (select GeForce 600 series, GeForce 700 series and above GPUs) and Fermi class GPUs (GeForce 400 series, GeForce 500 series and select Geforce 600 series GPUs). Maxwell and Kepler GPU architectures
    support Windows 10 WDDM 2.0 mode with support for Fermi coming at a later date.

At the time of Windows 10 launch, the GeForce Fermi architecture operates in WDDM 1.3 mode. Since it is not possible to load both NVIDIA WDDM 2.0 and 1.3 mode drivers at the same time, you will not be able to mix Fermi class GPU(s) with Kepler/Maxwell class
    GPUs. If your PC has a combination of both a Fermi class GPU and Kepler/Maxwell class GPU, the WDDM mode that loads will depend on which card will POST first. (VIA geforce forums)

eracet, Apr 8, 2018
  3. DanielF96 Win User
    DIRECTX 11.2 ON WINDOWS 10

I believe GeForce 430 is Fermi based so may be supported. check your drivers.

DanielF96, Apr 8, 2018
Thema:

Nvidia Ends Support for Fermi-based GPUs

1. Nvidia Ends Support for Fermi-based GPUs - Similar Threads - Nvidia Ends Support

2. How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop: My friend has a laptop that has a i5 12500h and nvidia gtx 1650 his laptop refresh rate can achieve 144hz however because of integrated graphics it cant do so, so i want to know how to change the display to use gtx 1650 so my friend can go on 144hz refresh rate for gaming...
  3. How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop: My friend has a laptop that has a i5 12500h and nvidia gtx 1650 his laptop refresh rate can achieve 144hz however because of integrated graphics it cant do so, so i want to know how to change the display to use gtx 1650 so my friend can go on 144hz refresh rate for gaming...
  4. End of support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End of support: I'm just here to ask a question. Microsoft ignored the petition of FSF about recycle windows 7 life? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/end-of-support/9f793981-113d-466c-8f67-598737a02d32
  5. End of support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End of support: I'm just here to ask a question. Microsoft ignored the petition of FSF about recycle windows 7 life? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/end-of-support/9f793981-113d-466c-8f67-598737a02d32
  6. NVIDIA Launches GeForce RTX SUPER Series GPUs

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Launches GeForce RTX SUPER Series GPUs: GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics cards launched last year, bringing real-time ray tracing and best in class performance to PC gamers worldwide. Now, we’re introducing new GeForce RTX 20-Series SUPER graphics cards, which increase performance by up to 25%, giving you the power...
  7. NVIDIA introduces GeForce GTX 1650 Turing GPUs

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA introduces GeForce GTX 1650 Turing GPUs: Welcome to GeForce GTX PC gaming. NVIDIA today launched worldwide the GeForce GTX 1650, giving you smooth performance on the latest games. With the arrival of the GTX 1650, our acclaimed Turing family of GeForce GTX GPUs now starts at $149. The GTX 1650 is the perfect...
  8. NVIDIA Is Officially Ending Driver Support for 3D Vision ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA Is Officially Ending Driver Support for 3D Vision ?: Support Plan for 3DVision Products | NVIDIA 128789
  9. Nvidia releases Pascal GPUs for neural networks

in Windows 10 News
    Nvidia releases Pascal GPUs for neural networks: Nvidia has launched a pair of GPUs that the chip giant claims are four times faster than last year's offering. The Pascal architecture is continuing to find its way through Nvidia's product line-up, with today marking the introduction of its Tesla P4 and P40 GPUs....
  10. End of NVIDIA Driver Support for 32-bit Operating Systems

in Windows 10 News
    End of NVIDIA Driver Support for 32-bit Operating Systems: After Release 390, NVIDIA will no longer release drivers for 32-bit operating systems1 for any GPU architecture. Later driver release versions will not operate, nor install, on 32-bit operating systems. Driver enhancements, driver optimizations, and operating system features...