Windows 10: NVidia GeForce 6150SE - Not Supported?!

Discus and support NVidia GeForce 6150SE - Not Supported?! in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I upgraded from Win 7, and originally my onboard GPU was listed as NVidia GeForce 6150SE. Now though, in Win 10, its listed as a "Microsoft Basic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JeffB, Jul 29, 2015.

1. JeffB Win User

NVidia GeForce 6150SE - Not Supported?!

I upgraded from Win 7, and originally my onboard GPU was listed as NVidia GeForce 6150SE. Now though, in Win 10, its listed as a "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"...

I tried to update the driver to the latest Win 7 driver for my onboard GPU, and it wouldn't update it. Only thing it did do is fudge my network drivers (next time I need to remember to do custom not express)... *Tongue

Edit:
    At the time of making this post, I just got done talking to NVidia Support. They stated that this chipset wasn't supported and odds are wouldn't be updated to Win 10.

What I don't get is, how its working then.. Yeah its got the basic display adapter driver from MS, but I'm lost. lol
    I work from my computer, so this 1280 x 1024 screen res isn't so great in my opinion..

Not sure if the support rep was right or not, anyone else got this driver to work on Win 10 yet?

:)

JeffB, Jul 29, 2015

2. windows 10 up grade

when will Nvidia Geforce 6150se 430 be compatible with windows 10

EarnestCall, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 can't be installed due to incompatible NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M graphics card

I have the same problem but my video card is Nvidia Geforce 6150SE Nforce430.

jjimenezloaiza, Jul 29, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Are these the drivers you tried?

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/82701/en-us

I assume that you're running 32 bit Windows 10. If you have the 64 bit version,

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/82758/en-us

I have no idea whether these will help, but they supposedly support the 6150SE on Windows 8. Maybe that's close enough.

The Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers are generic ones from Microsoft. As you see, they are very limited.

Microsoft doesn't write drivers for most third-party hardware. While they may support their OS for many years, driver support for old hardware can be limited. (The manufacturers make no income by producing updated drivers.) "Old" may not be very old at all.

Similar things happened with past OS changes (Windows 98 to XP, XP to 7).

Good luck.

bobkn, Jul 29, 2015
  5. JeffB Win User
    Sorry about that, I'm a derp.. I forgot to post that info lol. Yes, I'm running Windows 10 64 bit. I came from Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks for the links, Not tried those yet, but I'm not too keen on trying again after the last one borked my network drivers.. I will make a ISO and after that, give it a go.

JeffB, Jul 29, 2015
  6. I'm just beginning to wrestle with the upgrade from Windows 7, 64 bit to Windows 10. I have a small profile Acer Aspire AX1420G--U5832. You are the only member of the Forum who has reported any success. Did you ever try the Win 8 drivers from bobkn for the NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE? I hope your luck still holds.

Somuch2learn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NVidia GeForce 6150SE - Not Supported?! - Similar Threads - NVidia GeForce 6150SE

2. Nvidia Geforce 6150se not working right after installed the newest 22h2 update for Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Geforce 6150se not working right after installed the newest 22h2 update for Windows...: Hi all.My graphics were working right when I was running 21h2. After I updated to the latest Windows 10 22h2 Update the windows and Taskbar start flickering they appear and dissappear The only solution I've found is uninstalling Nvidia or disabling it, I'm using the latest...
  3. Nvidia Geforce 6150se not working right after installed the newest 22h2 update for Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia Geforce 6150se not working right after installed the newest 22h2 update for Windows...: Hi all.My graphics were working right when I was running 21h2. After I updated to the latest Windows 10 22h2 Update the windows and Taskbar start flickering they appear and dissappear The only solution I've found is uninstalling Nvidia or disabling it, I'm using the latest...
  4. Nvidia Geforce 6150se not working right after installed the newest 22h2 update for Windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. NVIDIA Geforce 920m

NVIDIA Geforce 920m: Hi, I would like to change my PC's default graphics processor to Nvidia Geforce 920m, which is installed in my system, how do i do it? Thanking you, Ibrahim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-geforce-920m/b894ea00-c76d-46a2-adff-89b1f746428e
  6. NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 support Windows 10

NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 support Windows 10: Hi all, I'm about to build a custom pc where my cpu 3600x don't have a i-GPU with a MSI B450 mobo, so I ordered a GeForce GT240. I don't know whether windows 10 can support this card. Is it like I install it in the PCI-e and connect the hdmi to monitor from gpu, it works ?...
  7. Nvidia 6150se Force 430

Nvidia 6150se Force 430: Has a workaround ever been found to installing Windows 10 on systems with this chipset and not being able to upgrade the video? 99664
  8. Any Hope for a PC with NVDIA GeForce 6150SE, nforce 430

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Any Hope for a PC with NVDIA GeForce 6150SE, nforce 430: A friend has an E Machines with the NVDIA GeForce 6150SE, nforce 430 video (chip on motherboard). It is listed as not compatible by the "GWX". Any prospects for him to upgrade with this video chip? He's in another city so I can't get to the "innards" of the PC to see if there...
  9. nVidia GeForce 8800GT and GeForce 9500GT

nVidia GeForce 8800GT and GeForce 9500GT: I have an older machine I use for backup (Dell OptiPlex 745) fairly well appointed, with an on-the-motherboard graphics adapter (Intel, I think) running one monitor and a plug-in nVidia based adapter, running two monitors. I was running Linux on it until January 2015, when I...
  10. GeForce 6150SE Nforce 430 not compatible?

GeForce 6150SE Nforce 430 not compatible?: My cousin is getting this error when trying to upgrade his Dell Desktop running 8.1. He isn't able to pass compatibility in the Get Windows 10 app. I thought all 8.1 drivers should carry over? I'm thinking to install using a ISO then installing 8.1 drivers afterwards for him....