Windows 10: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 crashing computer. What could the issue be?

Discus and support Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 crashing computer. What could the issue be? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello guys. I've recently bought a new computer. It came with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 video card. I haven't had any issues with it at all, up until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Plop, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Plop Win User

Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 crashing computer. What could the issue be?

Hello guys. I've recently bought a new computer. It came with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 video card. I haven't had any issues with it at all, up until the point that I launched some games on Steam. It seems as though the video card has trouble running higher end games, such as BioShock Infinite. The games run without issues at first. There are no glitches at all. Then, at random times my monitor will black out and my computer will restart itself. This can range from 1 minute to 10 minutes from a launch of a game. What could be causing this issue? Any help would be appreciated. *Smile

:)

2. Tom Wynne Win User

Windows move after primary display turns back on

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. Updated to the latest drivers.

When the computer wakes up the monitors, all the windows that are on my primary 4K display move to the secondary displays.

Tom Wynne, Sep 27, 2015
  3. When/how do I get Windows 10?

I got the drivers from the Nvidia website. I clicked on the GeForse, then 900 series, then GeForce Gtx 970, then theres an option for Windows 10 64 bit.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

NicholasDvorchak, Sep 27, 2015
  4. Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 crashing computer. What could the issue be?

Sounds like the computer might not be getting enough power. What size power supply unit does it have in it?

blackroseMD1, Sep 27, 2015
  5. rbmorse Win User
    Concur with Blackrose that you are probably experiencing a power-related issue.

You might also make sure the case vents are clean and not clogged with dust and debris, and that all the cooling fan(s) are clean and operating properly.

rbmorse, Sep 27, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    On a new computer? That would suck.

According to eVGA, the reference GTX 970 draws 170w, and they recommend a 500W PSU minimum. (They don't specify an amperage requirement at +12V, unfortunately.)

bobkn, Sep 28, 2015
  7. rbmorse Win User
    170w at 12v...about 14 amps or so. Should be well within the capability of a 500w PSU, even a cheap, highly cost-engineered, price-leader unit procured from uncertain origins.

I wasn't kidding about checking the vents. I had a system come in with a piece of styrofoam packing material was covering the air intake on the PSU.

Had another in a floor standing case with the PSU air intake on the bottom. That system was placed on a carpeted floor. Owner removed the casters from the bottom of the case so the top would better match up with some other piece of furniture, but dutifully replace them when they brought the machine in so "it would be just like it was when they bought it." Took a site visit to discover the real problem.

rbmorse, Sep 28, 2015
  8. KACI Win User

Plop, I know it doesn't make you feel any better but my 970 runs those games, from Steam without any problem. Is your monitor new as well? I say that because I had an issue similar to what your experiencing and it turned out to be a faulty monitor. It would even bring down my other monitors. I replaced it and I haven't had a problem since.

9. Plop Win User
    Thank you all for the replies. *Smile I'm sorry for being late with mine. I wasn't able to get on the computer at all. It started going in a reboot loop and would shutdown on its own, randomly. I had to contact HP directly and have now sent it to them for repair. That in itself, took about a whole day talking to multiple people and being transferred around. *BangheadSupposedly, it should take 1-2 weeks for whatever the issue is, to be fixed. The computer is very new. As in, it has only been in use for 2 weeks. The monitor however, is at least 1+ years old. It is also made by HP. I don't think there should be an issue with debris and all, considering it was basically sealed. It looks more like a hardware issue. But, hopefully when the computer does come back, the issue indeed will be fixed.

10. KACI Win User
    Sometimes sending it back is the best way to deal with things like that. Let us know when you get it back what they found. It may help someone else.

Thema:

1. Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 crashing computer. What could the issue be? - Similar Threads - Nvidia GeForce GTX

2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43: I was working and all of a sudden the resolution on my computer went down. Looking at the device manager I found my graphics card with the code 43. I've updated the driversthe one below is the latest one but, nothing gets fixed is there anything that could fix this?...
  3. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43: I was working and all of a sudden the resolution on my computer went down. Looking at the device manager I found my graphics card with the code 43. I've updated the driversthe one below is the latest one but, nothing gets fixed is there anything that could fix this?...
  4. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to fix issue with Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 error

How to fix issue with Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 error: My display settings are all messed up and colour is off due to my computer turning off my graphics card. The issue I am getting is Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1201&SUBSYS_14693842&REV_A1\4&80e7924&0&0008 requires further installation. but when I click update driver it says...
  6. NVidia GeForce GTX 960M is disabled by Windows

NVidia GeForce GTX 960M is disabled by Windows: I am having trouble since last 15 days. Tried to revert driver but unfortunately I could not make it. Anyway, Windows 10 May update didnt work too. To sum up, my computer does not recognize my graphic card, when I check by device manager I'm getting this error "Code:43"...
  7. AMD equivalent to my nVidia GTX 970

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD equivalent to my nVidia GTX 970: Hello fellow TenForums users. Since the release of W10 AU [1607] build I am pretty scared to upgrade drivers for my GTX 970. In fact, I am running an older release because latest ones don't work fine for me. I am not that impressed with DirectCompute, DX12 and Vulkan...
  8. GeForce GTX 970 settlement website opens Nvidia will pay graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GeForce GTX 970 settlement website opens Nvidia will pay graphics card: GeForce GTX 970 settlement website opens, Nvidia will pay graphics card owners $30 Nvidia’s paying the price for the GeForce GTX 970’s memory controversy—literally. The GTX 970 refund website is now live after Nvidia agreed to pay GTX 970 owners $30 each to settle a...
  9. NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gaming Celebration Livestream

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gaming Celebration Livestream: Watch NVIDIA’s Ultimate GeForce GTX Gaming Event and GTX 1080 Ti Announcement / Livestream Here at 6:30 PM from GDC 2017. [MEDIA] Also view on Facebook: NVIDIA Unveils GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, World’s Fastest Gaming GPU “Are you ready?” NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun...
  10. NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080: [MEDIA] [IMG] Powered by Pascal Architecture, Delivers up to 2x Performance and 3X Efficiency of GeForce GTX TITAN X NVIDIA today announced the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 -- the first gaming GPU based on the company's new Pascal™ architecture -- providing up to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 970 crashing computer