Windows 10: Nvidia GPU compatibility issue for windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Nvidia GPU compatibility issue for windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a Sony VAIO All-In-One pc #vcpl137fx running windows 7 sp1 and would like to upgrade it to Windows 10 however when I run the compatibility test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by djrobison22, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Nvidia GPU compatibility issue for windows 10 upgrade

I have a Sony VAIO All-In-One pc #vcpl137fx running windows 7 sp1 and would like to upgrade it to Windows 10 however when I run the compatibility test on the Microsoft website it says that my graphics card is not compatible.

My gpu is Nvidia GeForce G 330M.

What is puzzling is that I was able to upgrade my laptop which is a Dell Studio 1745 with an older chipset and Intel Series 4 gpu and it did the upgrade with no problems. My Sony even has touch screen and 3d capabilities.

Anyway, is there any existing driver I can install that will work so that I can upgrade to windows 10?

Can I install a new graphics card or is this one attached permanently to my motherboard? If so, is there any option left?

Sony no longer offers support for their VAIO computers and the forums are way too vague and Nvidia was no help at all and could only refer me back to Sony.

Thanks,

Danny R

:)

djrobison22, Apr 25, 2017

2. Windows 10 Upgrade

I have the message that my PC is unable to run Windows 10. The compatibility issue lies with my Nvidia GTX 680M GPU.

I know this card is compatible. My other computer which has older GPU's installed is upgrading to Windows 10 as I type this.

I have tried many solutions to no avail. I am stumped.

Has anyone else faced this issue and managed to resolve it?

Scotsman97, Apr 25, 2017
  3. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 not compatible with Windows 10?

So I decided to go ahead and upgrade my desktop to Windows 10, but the compatibility checker says that my display is not compatible. Yet Nvidia says that it should be compatible (Error | NVIDIA),
    so what's going on?

ned4spd8874, Apr 25, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Nvidia GPU compatibility issue for windows 10 upgrade

Hi. Have you looked at the drivers on this page?

swarfega, Apr 25, 2017
  5. bobkn Win User
    Windows 7 drivers from 2010? Might work.

If Danny is more adventurous, see:

https://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-W...519412#U519412

nVidia may have drivers for the 330M, but the nVidia web page isn't functioning at the moment. The link gives a procedure for editing the .inf file of the installer to recognize the custom device ID used by some notebook manufacturers (an all-in-one uses notebook hardware) so that the generic installer will work.

bobkn, Apr 25, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    I would just leave Windows 7 on it.

What is your purpose for installing W10 ?

AddRAM, Apr 26, 2017
  7. bobkn Win User
    Where's the fun in that?*Smile

I admit to some curiosity at to why someone would update 7 to 10 nearly two years after the initial availability of 10.

Still having a problem getting drivers at GeForce.com, but an alternate path exists:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...x/112600/en-us

These are 64 bit drivers. X86 (32 bit) ones are also available.

The version number is 342.01. Old drivers for old hardware.

bobkn, Apr 26, 2017
  8. Nvidia GPU compatibility issue for windows 10 upgrade

There isn't any fun in staying with Windows 7 at all in my opinion...besides, I really like Windows 10 much more than 7! On my Dell Studio 1745 laptop problems that I was having that Clean Installs, sfc scans, check disks, driver updates, etc...could not fix all went away as soon as I upgraded to Windows 10! I didn't even think it would be compatible seeing as I tried upgrading a year before when it was first available and it nearly fried the laptop...thank goodness that happened the day before it would have been too late to go back to 7!

Anyway, around July 29th last year I acquired a horrible case of malware on the VAIO computer and I was having a very difficult time figuring it out and since I had my laptop I just ignored it until now. The VAIO seems like it will be much more suited to Windows 10 anyhow...3D graphic capability, touch screen, better screen DPI, better sound, more memory, faster processor, newer chipset, better sound card, etc...and it has a 26 inch HD display!

BTB...I am very adventurous and have been reading all the info about doing a fix to the Nvidia .inf files to make the driver work with Windows 10. I just have to figure out how to get my wireless adapter and my firewall working again after the malware removal and I will be attacking the gpu driver!

Thanks for the suggestion...I am sure I will be in touch!

Danny R

djrobison22, Apr 26, 2017
  9. actually, I have downloaded all of the drivers that are still applicable several times but I needed to reinstall the wireless lan driver so thank you for the quick link to it!

Take care!

Danny R

djrobison22, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Nvidia GPU compatibility issue for windows 10 upgrade

1. Nvidia GPU compatibility issue for windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Nvidia GPU compatibility

2. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers: My pc had issues after a BIOS update, where the GPU no longer outputs to display and Nvidia drivers fail to install or do install and bsod the pc. Even when they do install the gpu outputs still fail to work. I've tried using DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and download...
  3. Nvidia drivers not compatible with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia drivers not compatible with windows 10: So I have an old Asus prime z270-ar motherboard, Intel i7 7700k, Asus dual gtx 1070 8gb.Gpu will not recognize in bios or device manage. Nvidia drivers can not detect a GPU and Nvidia drivers say it's not compatible with my windows 10 os. How can I get my graphics card up and...
  4. Nvidia drivers not compatible with windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia drivers not compatible with windows 10: So I have an old Asus prime z270-ar motherboard, Intel i7 7700k, Asus dual gtx 1070 8gb.Gpu will not recognize in bios or device manage. Nvidia drivers can not detect a GPU and Nvidia drivers say it's not compatible with my windows 10 os. How can I get my graphics card up and...
  5. Nvidia drivers not compatible with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Nvidia Geforce GT7300 compatible issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nvidia Geforce GT7300 compatible issues: Hi guys I have a small issue and I need help if anyone can... So we all know that there is a huge problem with the availability of GPU's on the market, and the prices for those that are available are crazy high. I have an old GPU GT7300 series and I'm trying to get it to...
  7. NVIDIA GPU Driver not compatible with Windows 10 version Causes sudden black-screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NVIDIA GPU Driver not compatible with Windows 10 version Causes sudden black-screen: Hello, I recently have this problem about my computer. Sudden black-screen occurs whenever I turn-on my PC before or after the system boot-up. Sometimes whenever I'm playing video games. I have researched in the internet on how to fix this issue, I have tried it all and I...
  8. Nvidia not compatible with this version of Windows Issue

Nvidia not compatible with this version of Windows Issue: Good evening, i just recently started experiencing this issue last week. I have an evga RTX 2080 ti XC since late January 2020. It was working fine until last Thursday 02 July. I woke the computer from sleep and the monitors would not receive signal. I restarted and still no...
  9. Windows 10 1809 and Nvidia GPU compatibility

Windows 10 1809 and Nvidia GPU compatibility: Okay so a few weeks ago I purchased a copy of Windows 10 Home, my first installation went fine and everything seemed to be working. I have a gaming computer that I built myself and that is mainly what I use my computer for. After the installation I installed Steam so I could...
  10. Nvidia and Windows 10 compatibility

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia and Windows 10 compatibility: I have recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I have noticed that youtube videos and internet videos will just not play, and some pages open very slow and I have to click the refresh button go back and try again or quit. I tried searching the net for a fix and...