Windows 10: Nvidia GPU not showing up on Device Manager

Discus and support Nvidia GPU not showing up on Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just built a new computer, and have installed windows 10 on it. I just today (8/8/2018) have put in a Nvidia GTX 1060 6 gb Graphics Card, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanielViola_377, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Nvidia GPU not showing up on Device Manager

I have just built a new computer, and have installed windows 10 on it.

I just today (8/8/2018) have put in a Nvidia GTX 1060 6 gb Graphics Card, and I plugged it in correctly, and power is running to it, but it is not showing up on my device manager,

I have tried doing the command prompt thing, show hidden devices, everything.

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Daniel Viola

:)

DanielViola_377, Aug 8, 2018

2. NVIDIA GPU uninstalled in device Manager

I accidentally uninstalled my NVIDIA GPU from device manager and now I want to reinstall it but when I try reinstalling it with NIVDIA installer it says, "The graphic driver could not find compatible Graphic Hardware.". Help me on how to get my graphic
    hardware back and use it for my high performance.

SiddharthHingar, Aug 8, 2018
  3. jm1897 Win User
    Nvidia GPU cannot be detected by Device Manager, Malfunctioning keyboard

So I have these two problems right now. I don't know if they are actually correlated.

I'll start with the gpu. Two weeks ago my laptop (Asus X556UB) started having a force shut down while playing SIMS 4. I didn't think it was an issue until I realized that my nvidia 940m was not working and only the intel hd 520 is working in the device manager.

I tried using a driver easy software and it says that my nvidia gpu is unplugged. I set my device manager into showing non present devices and it appeared saying that the component is not connected to device right now. I tried updating the
    driver using asus support and it says that there is no compatible hardware. So as a noob as I am, I uninstalled the gpu. Now it can't even be detected anymore.

These are other things that I have tried:

- updating all drivers

- Checking the disk for corruptions

- Uninstalling intel gpu

- running device and hardware troubleshooter for hundreds of times (hardware changes not detected)

- resetting win 10 ver 1511 (made my keyboard and touchpad malfunction a few times, all of which I successfully fixed)

- tried resetting and updating bios

- updating win 10 to a more recent version (1709 i think)

I tried these things for a dozen times or more for 2 weeks now and it still doesnt work. I am sooooo tired and frustrated about this. I brought it to a certified asus service center and they said that it would take a month or two and cost too much since
    they said that the nvidia should be working because the resolutions is perfectly fine. But it doesnt show in the device manager now.

Someone please help!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

jm1897, Aug 8, 2018
  4. GrapeJams Win User

Nvidia GPU not showing up on Device Manager

Unable to detect NVIDIA GPU after latest windows 10 update

I believe I am having the same issue. The solution that you suggested does not work as I am unable to uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager as my GPU is not being detected and is therefore not listed under Display Adapters.

I have an Nvidia GTX 765M as well as an Intel integrated graphics card. At the moment the machine is only recognizing the inferior Intel card. I booted into the BIOS and noticed that my discrete graphics card was listed as [NOT DETECTED].

This appears to be an issue for several other users and I am quite confident it is an error on the Microsoft side.

GrapeJams, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Nvidia GPU not showing up on Device Manager

1. Nvidia GPU not showing up on Device Manager - Similar Threads - Nvidia GPU showing

2. GPU is not showing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU is not showing in Device Manager: I have a laptop with two GPUs and I accidentally removed one of them dedicated GPU: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-is-not-showing-in-device-manager/70bda42f-58b0-45a8-b61c-9c307f7cb768
  3. GPU is not showing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU is not showing in Device Manager: I have a laptop with two GPUs and I accidentally removed one of them dedicated GPU: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-is-not-showing-in-device-manager/70bda42f-58b0-45a8-b61c-9c307f7cb768
  4. GPU is not showing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.: I recently purchased an ASUS Laptop with an RTX 3050 TI and for the first day it worked fine, but the drivers on GeForce experience were really outdated so I tried updating them to the latest version, but after that, it disappeared from the device manager and just stopped...
  6. NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.: I recently purchased an ASUS Laptop with an RTX 3050 TI and for the first day it worked fine, but the drivers on GeForce experience were really outdated so I tried updating them to the latest version, but after that, it disappeared from the device manager and just stopped...
  7. NVIDIA Graphics Card not showing up in device manager.

8. Onboard-GPU Not showing up in Device-Manager

Onboard-GPU Not showing up in Device-Manager: Hello Microsoft Community, Since I got a new monitor I am trying to use 2 Monitors. The NVIDIA GPU Dedicated works perfectly, but the Onboard doesn't work like expected. The Onboard-GPU is not showing up in the Device-Manager, not even if setting "Show hidden devices"...
  9. Unable to detect Nvidia GPU in device manager

Unable to detect Nvidia GPU in device manager: My laptop model number is HP 15-ax252tx. After Windows feature upadate on 16/08/2020, I am unable to see nvidia gpu anywhere, computer is only detecting integrated graphics. I tried installing nvidia driver but I am unable to do so hardware not detected. What should i do to...
  10. NVIDIA GPU uninstalled in device Manager

NVIDIA GPU uninstalled in device Manager: I accidentally uninstalled my NVIDIA GPU from device manager and now I want to reinstall it but when I try reinstalling it with NIVDIA installer it says, "The graphic driver could not find compatible Graphic Hardware.". Help me on how to get my graphic hardware back and use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpu not showing in device manager

2. gpu not showing in device manager windows 10

3. my gtx 1060 not showing up

4. gtx 760 not showing in windows 10 device manager,
  5. gpu not showing device manager,
  6. gpu powering on but not in device manager,
  7. gpu not showing up,
  8. nvidia gpu not showing in device manager,
  9. gtx 1060 not showing in device manager,
  10. gpu not registering on device manager,
  11. nvidia graphics card showing up in device manager but not in bios,