Windows 10: Nvidia gt 980

Discus and support Nvidia gt 980 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Just installed NVidia gt 980 in pc powers up fine but sends no DVI or HDMI signal to the monitor. Any ideas? 37341 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by neveready, Jan 13, 2016.

1. neveready Win User

Nvidia gt 980

Just installed NVidia gt 980 in pc powers up fine but sends no DVI or HDMI signal to the monitor. Any ideas?

:)

neveready, Jan 13, 2016
  2. EckiS Win User

Windows 10 Nvidia Driver Crash

the current drivers for an nvidia 980 are version 359.06, so please try the newer ones.

EckiS, Jan 13, 2016
  3. I can't turn off night light (option is greyed out)

How non standard is an Nvidia GTX 980? I'm having this problem and I work on Color Correction..... Imagine my state of mind....

OliverZúñiga, Jan 13, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Nvidia gt 980

I suppose that you have the two 6 pin PCI-E power connectors attached to the GTX 980.

Is this a new build, or are you upgrading the graphics card?

When I replace a graphics card, the ritual I use is:

With the old graphics card in place, uninstall its drivers.

Power down. Do not restart.

Swap cards.

Power up.

Install the drivers for the new card. Done. (A restart may be a good idea, even if it's not necessary.)

On occasion, I have had to clear the CMOS to get the new card recognized by the BIOS.

Good luck.

bobkn, Jan 13, 2016
  5. essenbe Win User
    Good advice from bobkin. Check the power cables and make sure you have a good connection and the plugs are fully seated.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Nvidia gt 980

1. Nvidia gt 980 - Similar Threads - Nvidia 980

2. NVIDIA GTX Force 660 bricks Windows 10 with Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA GTX Force 660 bricks Windows 10 with Black Screen of Death: Yesterdday morning, on latest Windows 10 version, eveyrthing worked great. I shut the computer off, and turned it on again several hours later to receive the logo on start up and then a black screen of death, with monitor showcasing "No Signal". - Monitor is not the problem,...
  3. NVIDIA GTX Force 660 bricks Windows 10 with Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA GTX Force 660 bricks Windows 10 with Black Screen of Death: Yesterdday morning, on latest Windows 10 version, eveyrthing worked great. I shut the computer off, and turned it on again several hours later to receive the logo on start up and then a black screen of death, with monitor showcasing "No Signal". - Monitor is not the problem,...
  4. NVIDIA GTX Force 660 bricks Windows 10 with Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I can’t download NVIDIA drivers on my laptop, it’s a Dell Precision M4800. I tried the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t download NVIDIA drivers on my laptop, it’s a Dell Precision M4800. I tried the...: What I tried to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-nvidia-drivers-on-my-laptop-its-a/7194b9d7-41e7-4dbb-b937-28d1d4a30152
  6. I can’t download NVIDIA drivers on my laptop, it’s a Dell Precision M4800. I tried the...

I can’t download NVIDIA drivers on my laptop, it’s a Dell Precision M4800. I tried the...: What I tried to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-nvidia-drivers-on-my-laptop-its-a/7194b9d7-41e7-4dbb-b937-28d1d4a30152
  7. I can’t download NVIDIA drivers on my laptop, it’s a Dell Precision M4800. I tried the...

8. iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating: I recently switched back to my professional dell laptop from an asus tuf gaming. while i was setting up my dell windows setup asked me for a backup and i mistakenly clicked my asus's backup file. since then it shows that iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver and is not loading,...
  9. iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating

iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating: I recently switched back to my professional dell laptop from an asus tuf gaming. while i was setting up my dell windows setup asked me for a backup and i mistakenly clicked my asus's backup file. since then it shows that iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver and is not loading,...
  10. Failed to install Nvidia display drivers for GTX 980 Error code 0x80240034

Failed to install Nvidia display drivers for GTX 980 Error code 0x80240034: Windows crashes immediately upon installing and drivers for my GTX 980 in a new pc build, and then the computer gets stuck in a boot loop, crashing after a few seconds whenever windows itself begins booting back up only to end up in windows repair/recovery if I let it reboot...