Windows 10: Nvidia GTX 295

Discus and support Nvidia GTX 295 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi Gang, I hope everyone is enjoying the new OS ... I'm getting ready to upgrade my Primary system, which is a EVGA classified X58 board with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RWOne, Jul 30, 2015.

1. RWOne Win User

Nvidia GTX 295

Hi Gang,

I hope everyone is enjoying the new OS ...

I'm getting ready to upgrade my Primary system, which is a EVGA classified X58 board with a core i7, 6Gb RAM and a GTX 295 card.

I noted looking thru that the card is legacy now, no new drivers mentioned for 10, nor found.

For the upgrade check, it says compatible, to me that means they may have their own generic driver which may not have the resolution modes I wish to have (I run a matrox triple head to go at 3840X1024, but the driver is nvidia's)

So my question, of course, is, has anyone else with the GTX 295 jumped before me and did you have issues, if so, how did you resolve them?

BTW, my get win 10 says validating for the last few days, which got me thinking about the process.

I can start it from themedia creation tool and have it begin the upgrade, but won't do that until tonight, or tomorrow morning where I can be around to monitor the process.

I do think it's amazing that the OS has been great on my HP DV-7, which is over 5 years old, when you consider how many different variations of hardware are out there, most if not all are installing without major issues, that in itself is quite a feat!

:)

RWOne, Jul 30, 2015
  2. RodJammer Win User

Gtx 295 Windows 10 dual boot

My Nvidia GTX 295 card was working just fine until I set up dual boot.

I used Ubuntu 16.04 usb install disk and successfully installed Ubuntu.

The problem is now the GTX 295 works for Ubuntu but when I reboot and boot Windows 10

the card won't work. In device manager the cards are listed with error 43.

If I uninstall Ubuntu the card works fine for Windows 10 again.

Please help me fix this. I want to use both OS.

RodJammer, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Nvidia Quadro NVS 295

OK so a little more information regarding this issue. The screen that pops up states UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP is the error and I can search online later for it. I have installed the latest ver driver from NVidia but no use.

jamesrobertson, Jul 30, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Nvidia GTX 295

You can still use the Windows 8.1 drivers, they're pretty similar to Windows 10 in most respects. This could be said for most drivers. If theres no Windows 10 driver, use the one for 8.1.

Its not ideal but its better than nothing.

swarfega, Jul 30, 2015
  5. RWOne Win User
    I'm prepared for that, it was that there were reports out in the wild that those of us with that specific card were not getting through the update due to having a black screen, etc when the GUI re-initializes ...

I'd find that hard to believe, as my DV-7 though a laptop is over 6 years old and works fine, the GTX card is/was even more popular hardware wise in the desktop world (was on top when I got it many moons ago *Smile )

I'll likely run the upgrade an monitor, but if anyone who has it can chime in, that'd be terrific!

RWOne, Jul 30, 2015
  6. RWOne Win User
    Hey, though I went most of the weekend trying to get this system on 10, I finally achieved it, and it kept me on driver version 341.74

All is well, not going to play with drivers out the gate now, just going to rest easy that the system was upgraded and all my stuff is intact.

Marking as solved, but info left for anyone else with the card.

RWOne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Nvidia GTX 295

1. Nvidia GTX 295 - Similar Threads - Nvidia GTX 295

2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43: I was working and all of a sudden the resolution on my computer went down. Looking at the device manager I found my graphics card with the code 43. I've updated the driversthe one below is the latest one but, nothing gets fixed is there anything that could fix this?...
  3. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Code 43: I was working and all of a sudden the resolution on my computer went down. Looking at the device manager I found my graphics card with the code 43. I've updated the driversthe one below is the latest one but, nothing gets fixed is there anything that could fix this?...
  4. Unable to update NVidia GTX 745

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to update NVidia GTX 745: I am wondering if these updates are still compatible with the latest windows 10 updates. I have ran a ddu and tried reinstalling driver fresh from NVidia but still get 2 error messages. 1. Stating not compatible with windows 10 and the 2nd stating no compatible drive was...
  5. tarjeta nvidia gtx 960

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tarjeta nvidia gtx 960: hola estoy intentando instalar una tarjeta de video ndivia gtx 960 en windows 10 Pero me dice que no es compatible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tarjeta-nvidia-gtx-960/ceedc01f-e5ca-4add-909e-b8f1b58bafb8
  6. AMD equivalent to my nVidia GTX 970

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD equivalent to my nVidia GTX 970: Hello fellow TenForums users. Since the release of W10 AU [1607] build I am pretty scared to upgrade drivers for my GTX 970. In fact, I am running an older release because latest ones don't work fine for me. I am not that impressed with DirectCompute, DX12 and Vulkan...
  7. Mobile Nvidia GTX 7600?

Mobile Nvidia GTX 7600?: Anyone have it working with Windows 10 with Duo Core processor? 39834
  8. NVIDIA GTX 860M Constant Crashes

NVIDIA GTX 860M Constant Crashes: Hello everyone. Lately I've been extremely frustrated with the GPU in my laptop constantly crashing. It happens almost every time it gets put into use. Some main examples are opening Geometry Dash (in which case the graphics card crashes), opening Kerbal Space Program (in...
  9. NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gaming Celebration Livestream

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gaming Celebration Livestream: Watch NVIDIA’s Ultimate GeForce GTX Gaming Event and GTX 1080 Ti Announcement / Livestream Here at 6:30 PM from GDC 2017. [MEDIA] Also view on Facebook: NVIDIA Unveils GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, World’s Fastest Gaming GPU “Are you ready?” NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun...
  10. NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080: [MEDIA] [IMG] Powered by Pascal Architecture, Delivers up to 2x Performance and 3X Efficiency of GeForce GTX TITAN X NVIDIA today announced the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 -- the first gaming GPU based on the company's new Pascal™ architecture -- providing up to...